+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Farming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Dynamis Farming

Hey, so I'm returning after 5 years off. I have always loved Dynamis and I plan on playing inside it. Any tips for farming currency? I did Dy-Sandy the other night and only got like 20 pieces in 90 mins on my THF

Edit: I dont have Trusts unlocked yet, didnt know about them. Going to do that before I go back in however

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Look up the dynamics guide for the finer details but the gist of it is:
    Take JA using Trusts. Uka, Mayakov, Mumor are your best choices as they use steps frequently. Fill out the rest with heals/support. Go THF/DNC and spam steps on the JA proc and Aeolian Edge on the WS proc. Make sure you get all the TE statues first. If you are going specifically for O.Bronzepieces that's fine, but for sheer currency volume you need to be doing Dynamis COP zones.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Double posting but w/e, get at minimum some ilvl 117 gear to make your life easier, 99 gear will still slow you down. Just doing the your ROE objectives will get you stuff.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yea, I still have all lv99 gear, so I know that's not working in my favor. I gotta start getting some Trust chars for sure

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

There's a staggering system in place since last you stepped foot in there. go to the BG wiki to read up about it. Youll want to go in /dnc for steps to proc. That's why you weren't getting anything.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What mobs for currency? Monsters or beastmen?

Also, I vaguely remember getting procs in dyna before i stopped....i think.....similar to abyssea

BG Level

Nightmare mobs. The proc type (JA, WS, magic) for them changes every 8 in-game hours, so you'll have to find 3 different types in relative proximity so you can move at 8:00, 16:00, and 0:00. The BGwiki pages for the CoP zones have maps that show the areas of each type and list the proc schedule for each type. Should be pretty self explanatory. For the rest of the month, all the TEs are automatically unlocked, but once this campaign is over, 1st thing to do is get all those, then comes down to trying to proc each mob as people have already said.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I did Jueno last night for the hell of it. Had a trust and did much better. My xp rate was much higher, my proc rate was much higher, and my drops were much higher (in comparison). Think I ended up with like 40-60 single pieces, and a ton of AF that got tossed lol. No 100s yet, but I'm getting better at this. I went Kupipi (WHM), Volker(war), and someone I forget who who is a COR. Was pretty good, was at like 35k xp an hour too. Wish Kupipi would have cast haste...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On DRK/DNC, I used to average about 400 singles in Dynamis-Qufim.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    I did Jueno last night for the hell of it. Had a trust and did much better. My xp rate was much higher, my proc rate was much higher, and my drops were much higher (in comparison). Think I ended up with like 40-60 single pieces, and a ton of AF that got tossed lol. No 100s yet, but I'm getting better at this. I went Kupipi (WHM), Volker(war), and someone I forget who who is a COR. Was pretty good, was at like 35k xp an hour too. Wish Kupipi would have cast haste...
    You're not really going into dynamis for exp these days, so bringing in quldata (COR trust) isn't that valuable. Subbing DNC, and calling a DNC trust or two will result in more procs, and therefore more currency drops.

I REALLY like the color block maps you'll find on the bg wiki at the VERY BOTTOM of each chains of promathia zone page (qufim,buburimu,valkurm). Very easy to read and identify each area of the zone based on time for procs. On face value they look simpler than the traditional maps, but they're easier to read on the fly during a run.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I need to get a DNC trust still. dont have one and theres not a lot it seems

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I usually do Valk if it's not crowded (ie more than one person) and maaaaaybe Qufim if Valk is crowded, but I also like Jeuno due to mob proximity and sheer volume and just murdering them in swaths. Probably spend more time dropping AF than I do killing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just finished a Dy-Sandy, got 222 pieces, including a 100 off an NM...was a ton of fun, cant wait to get a DNC now

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just finished a Dy-Sandy, got 222 pieces, including a 100 off an NM...was a ton of fun, cant wait to get a DNC now
    I just finished Rank 5. Still need to get a job up and subjob. Could do war/mnk lol. I really want to level nin, thf, and sam and have fun with it. But I have two Dnc trusts.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's honestly refreshing how optimistic you are with those numbers, haha. Once you get geared and your Trusts and get a feel for the routes you'll be making 3-4 times that much per run.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It's honestly refreshing how optimistic you are with those numbers, haha. Once you get geared and your Trusts and get a feel for the routes you'll be making 3-4 times that much per run.
    holy shit really? wow lol...i just got a dnc trust, so thats pretty great. i got some RoE gear as well

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah last two nights i was playing during the free login campaign i went in THF (no SJ) with 3 dnc trusts; pulled in 550/run. Only real problem was killing too fast. Haste + haste samba + songs and I don't stop attacking.

Then there's Mayakov and his damn "Coming Up Roses" WS that was doing 5500+ dmg....

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does anyone have some tips for getting 100 piece drops reasonably consistently (i.e. > 1/hr)? I tried Dynamis Valkrum as dnc with no sub and only got one white proc and in normal zones I don't seem to get hardly any 100 pieces to drop at all

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Go THF/DNC with DNC trusts optimally. Kill NMs when they’re up and cross your fingers. Don’t bother looking for white proc. Just kill everything as fast as you can and proc what you can along the way.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

do dynamis jeuno, kill only nms no procs. if there are no nms up go pop the boss (also deaggros all trash on you). my best was 16 100s but that wasn't common, more like 7-10 per 2hrs which isn't really much better than farming singles.