+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

God, something else he can ruin now too huh?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Plot summary (SPOILERS!):

Pocahontas 2 Avatar 2

Pocahontas Blue alien sets off on a journey to England with Meeko, Flit, and Percy. Hearing rumors of John Smith's other blue alien's death, Pocahontas Blue alien tries to prevent war and battle.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

James Cameron won't be shooting Avatar 4 at the same time as parts two and three, but he's got an idea for a fourth Avatar film. In an interview with MTV the director reveals that it will be a prequel to his first Avatar movie, saying "It goes back to the early expeditions of Pandora and kind of what went wrong with the humans." He goes on to explain,

I have an idea for a fourth. I haven't really put pen to paper on it, but basically it goes back to the early expeditions of Pandora, and kind of what went wrong with the humans and the Na'vi and what that was like to be an explorer and living in that world.

Because when we drop in, even in the first film in 'Avatar 1,' as it will be known in the future, we're dropping into a process that's 35 years in to a whole colonization. That will complete an arc and if that leads into more, we'll start, not imitating 'Star Wars,' but it's a logical thing to do because we'll have completed the thematic arc by the end of three. The only thing left to do is go back to see what it was like on those first expeditions and create some new characters that then become legacy characters in later films. It's a plan.
    So it sounds like he's thinking of taking the Avatar universe beyond a fourth film and expanding the universe even furthur, which is what Lucas should be doing with his Star Wars universe. There's an endless supply of movies that could be made, but it will never happen. Cameron goes on to talk about the sequel's he's been developing,

We've spent two years refining the whole pipeline. It was a hideously complex process to make that film and a lot has been said about that, but we don't want it to be done in the same prototypical way as the first one, we want it to be a much smoother workflow just for creativity reasons.
    He then adds that he's still working on on the script for the next two chapters of the story saying that it's a daunting process "because I'm writing two scripts together as one big thing." He then takes a fun crack at Peter Jackson and his Hobbit movies saying,

You know, Peter Jackson had it easy, he already had the books. He had the books. Now if I had a time machine I could go forward and watch the movies and then come back, but I don't!
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/9/9/...a-prequel.html
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...avatar-4.jhtml

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Please tell me it ends with an RKV boiling the smurf moon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There's been a lot of news on James Cameron's Avatar sequels recently. Cameron recently revealed that he planned on developing a fourth film that would be a prequel. Then his producer Jon Landau said parts 2 and 3 would shoot back-to-back but the fourth film would have to wait until after those two films have been completed. Now in a recent interview Comingsoon, Cameron talked a little bit more about the next two sequels, and how it relates to oceanographic exploration and environmentalism.

We're doing 'Avatar' films now, so we're making up an ocean ecosystem for Pandora, That's gonna have less to do with the deep exploration that I've done than it has to do with my concerns about conservation of Earth's oceans. The fact that we're basically overfishing, climate change... a few degrees of temperature rise are gonna basically take out the coral reefs. All those beautiful images of the coral environments we all grew up with won't exist in 50 years at the rate we're going in terms of pumping greenhouse gases into the environment. These are the things that concern me.

There isn't a direct map between the deep ocean exploration that I've done and the ocean stuff that we're doing in the 'Avatar' films. However, I'm going to continue in the future making documentaries and continuing explorations stuff as well because I'm always fascinated by that. We don't have to explore the coral reefs at this point because we understand them very well. We also understand that they're dying and they're ultimately doomed if we don't change our profligate ways.

I hope that explains it, 'cause people have connected the dots directly together. 'Oh, going to the challenger deep has a direct connection to what we're going to see in Avatar 2,' and that's not the case at all. It's all the scuba diving I did before I even started the deep ocean stuff that has more of a direct connection to Avatar 2 & 3, which by the way won't take place completely in or under the water. That's just part of the environment of Pandora that we're going to see.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/9/11...tar-2-and.html
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94596

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Director James Cameron has been hard at work trying to pump out the scripts for his next two Avatar films, and in a recent interview with The West Austrailian he reveals that he hopes they are finished by February so he can start shooting them by the end of next year. He went on to say...

I want to get these scripts nailed down, I don't want to be writing the movie in post production. We kind of did that on the first picture, I ended up cutting out a lot of scenes and so on and I don't want to do that again.
    We've heard a few different production dates thrown out there in the past, but this being the most recent announcement, it's the one that really counts. Cameron attended the premier of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in New Zealand, and he talked about the higher frame rate of 48fps saying,

If there is acceptance of 48 (FPS), then that will pave the way for Avatar (sequels) to take advantage of it.
    He went on to liken the format to CD's explaining,

I remember when CDs came in and there was a nostalgic feeling that the sound of a needle on vinyl was what music should sound like -- suddenly you've got this pristine clarity and a lot of people were nay-saying it.
    But of course, hardly anyone listens to records now. I for one am looking forward to seeing the new format, and I'm open to the change.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2...s-in-2013.html
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bus...lm-revolution/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://io9.com/james-cameron-promise...ar-s-994147337
    There are going to be a whole mess of Avatar movies coming out — a whole new trilogy in fact.

20th Century Fox and director James Cameron have set a date for the start of the annual Avatar-slaught. The first sequel will debut in December or 2016. And then in 2017 and 2018 the second and third movies will be released in theaters. Whether or not this movie will retain the fan base it created in 2009, we have no Earthly idea.

Screenwriters Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), plus Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (both from Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will work with Camreon to conceive Avatar 2, Avatar 3, and Avatar 4. Here's the official press release from Fox:

The three pictures will be filmed simultaneously with production beginning next year. The release of the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017, and the third a year later. AVATAR 2, 3, and 4 will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment banner. Like the original film, Lightstorm will work with Joe Letteri and his team at WETA Digital to realize the worlds of the sequels.

Commented Cameron: “Building upon the world we created with AVATAR has been a rare and incredibly rewarding experience. In writing the new films, I’ve come to realize that AVATAR’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen. And to help me continue to expand this universe, I’m pleased to bring aboard Amanda, Rick, Shane and Josh — all writers I’ve long admired -­ to join me in completing the films screenplays.”

Commented 20th Century Fox chairman and CEO, Jim Gianopulos: “We at the studio have no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of AVATAR. The growing breadth and scale of Jim Cameron’s plans for his magnificent fantasy worlds continue to amaze us all.”

Banned.

BG Level

I'll watch but dont expect anything epic tbh. Hell Avatar is pretty pedestrian as is ( fx aside)

Hard to care about shit in probably mid/late-2016 when we've still got 4 months in 2013. :/

yeah hard to care about 2016 but I absolutely love the first movie so I'm happy to hear there is some progress

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Well, at least he's passionate enough about the story to add another movie. That, or Fox saw more cash earning potential.

Also just realized I'll be in my mid thirties when the last one comes out.....Christ....

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks to the title change and not recognizing which avatar it was referring to, I was sweating bullets catching up to the recent posts thinking that Shamalama was going to make another 3 fucking last airbender movies oh dear god the horror.

My relief when I realized this was about the OTHER Avatar, which I am totally cool with. But oh man, for a minute there...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ok so this time the like coral is all interlinked into one mega-species with the Navi. Non-human nature = good, human beings = evil. Okay got it. But how can they possibly outdo the original movies massive evil greedy company? They need like an even *bigger* more greedy *eviler* company. Maybe they will be after a rare mineral called Innocencium that only exists in the hearts of children. Oh wait that's the plot of Bioshock.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

So... Arnold Schwarzenegger signed on for the next movie..

I don't know what to think about this.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

You know in your heart that it means the movie is going to be amazing, don't resist it just because of the hippie storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    So... Arnold Schwarzenegger signed on for the next movie..

I don't know what to think about this.
    Someone's gotta take over the Humanity-Fuck-Yeah role since they killed off the original.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Don't get your hopes up, report is false.

http://www.eonline.com/news/460107/a...mdb_topstories

This rumor's been terminated.

Despite reports to the contrary, Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be back working with James Cameron in the latter's highly anticipated Avatar 2.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox told The Hollywood Reporter that the 66-year-old actor and former Governor of California will not have a role in the sci-fi follow up that would reunite him with the filmmaker who famously launched his career with 1984's classic The Terminator.

Word that Schwarzenegger was being considered for Avatar 2 first appeared in Latino Review, which quoted sources as saying Ah-nuld would play a "bad guy human general."

While that actually sounds pretty badass, unfortunately it's false—at least for now.

But who knows? Perhaps a fanboy petition can persuade Cameron otherwise.

In the meantime, the King of the World just announced last month that he's prepping not two, but three sequels to his 2009 blockbuster smash Avatar. To that end, Cameron has hired screenwriters Josh Friedman to script Avatar 2, scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to write Avatar 3 and Shane Salerno to pen Avatar 4.

All three films will be shot simultaneously with shooting set to begin next year and will be released in December 2016, 2017 and 2018.

As for Schwarzenegger, who also starred in 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day and 1994's True Lies for Cameron, he's hard at work making a big screen comeback. After having an extended cameo in The Expendables 2 and toplining The Last Stand this year, he's slated to star in The Expendables 3, reprise his role as Conan the Barbarian in next year's The Legend of Conan as well as supposedly return as the T-800 in a fifth Terminator installment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There’s a layer of complexity in getting the story to work as a saga across three films that you don’t get when you’re making a stand-alone film. [My team and I are] writing three simultaneously. And we’ve done that so that everything tracks throughout the three films. We’re not just going to do one and then make up another one and another one after that. And parallel with that, we’re doing all the design. So we’ve designed all the creatures and the environments.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-2017-28212928

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Avatar won't see sequels past 3 if 2 & 3 aren't Financially Successful
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...x-studios-sale

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I wonder if the sequels to the highest-grossing movie of all time will also do well.

They're really rolling the dice on this one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag