+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I wonder if the sequels to the highest-grossing movie of all time will also do well.

They're really rolling the dice on this one.
    I can see it bombing. It's been so fucking long since the last Avatar, and the last avatar was completely culturally irrelevant.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I wonder if the sequels to the highest-grossing movie of all time will also do well.

They're really rolling the dice on this one.
    The first was successful purely off of it's visuals. I don't think they'll pull people in again with that. The novelty of the 3D tech has worn off.

Yeah pretty much. Everyone seems to agree the best thing about Avatar is it was pretty and the story and characters sucked. The problem with pretty is it needs to be different every time. Otherwise it's the same crap and.... pretty boring. I still don't really get how storywise you get even two or three movies much less four.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

5 actually. James changed his mind awhile back and wanted a bigger series.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So... we're not getting a movie within the next month?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The truth is he could have capitalized on it then and it would have been huge. He pulled a Matrix, and is going to backfire.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

It has been far too long since the first movie and the first movie did not age well. People have all but forgotten about this series and the novelty of how it was made wore off. I will be amazed if the new movies are successful at all. He will have to do something radically different.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Everyone seems to agree the best thing about Avatar is it was pretty and the story and characters sucked. The problem with pretty is it needs to be different every time. Otherwise it's the same crap and.... pretty boring. I still don't really get how storywise you get even two or three movies much less four.
    It was 2deep4u if that's what you think.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    It has been far too long since the first movie and the first movie did not age well. People have all but forgotten about this series and the novelty of how it was made wore off. I will be amazed if the new movies are successful at all. He will have to do something radically different.
    Tell that to Disneyworld. Pandora is pulling in a ton of people and it's been open a few months now.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Avatar 2 (December 18, 2020) - Development Hellmode

I don't have any doubts that whatever counted as technological marvels for visuals in the first film, James Cameron will shame that for the sequel.

BG Level

if only he could remember how to make a good movie

how Aliens and Terminator 2 evolved into Titanic and Avatar i'll never know smdh

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Tell that to Disneyworld. Pandora is pulling in a ton of people and it's been open a few months now.
    That is a good point. There might be more of a following than I imagine but generally speaking you need to push really hard to get a whole series of movies out fast otherwise the hype dies down and subsequent films are flops. Unless you somehow make the subsequent films substantially better than the first in the series.

What was the release schedule for the Lord of the Rings trilogy or the Hobbit series? If I recall Peter Jackson pushed really hard to get those out fast so the hype didn't die down in between films. Same reason why TV shows that take too long of a break in between seasons can be really hard to revive.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

80s to early 90s Cameron (Terminator thru True Lies) is just the best.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Flight of Passage ride is honestly the most incredible theme park attraction I've ever been on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The Flight of Passage ride is honestly the most incredible theme park attraction I've ever been on.
    So ive heard. I’m going to have to go hardcore on keto so I can get on that ride when Astylla and I next go there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    That is a good point. There might be more of a following than I imagine but generally speaking you need to push really hard to get a whole series of movies out fast otherwise the hype dies down and subsequent films are flops. Unless you somehow make the subsequent films substantially better than the first in the series.

What was the release schedule for the Lord of the Rings trilogy or the Hobbit series? If I recall Peter Jackson pushed really hard to get those out fast so the hype didn't die down in between films. Same reason why TV shows that take too long of a break in between seasons can be really hard to revive.
    For the trilogies it was 1 each year though he did all the film in back to back.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For the trilogies it was 1 each year though he did all the film in back to back.
    He shot all 3 LotR movies at the same time. The first scene they filmed with the cast was the scene when Bilbo and Frodo were leaving middle earth with the elvs at the end of RotK.

From preproduction to the final reshoots of RotK was like a 9 year process or some crazy shit like that. The Hobbit in comparison was a horrible clusterfuck organization and scheduling wise

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Actually, the first scenes of LOTR was the 4 hobbits on the road just before the first black rider shows up.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Whatever, my point being they shot all 3 movies at once and completely out of sequence

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Whatever, my point being they shot all 3 movies at once and completely out of sequence
    Which was the correct way to do it because then they could carefully control the release schedule of the movies and make sure that people were excited about them in between releases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag