BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Does anyone know if season 2 of Gin no Guardian is over? Hasn't been on in two weeks. I'm thinking it may be done since we've had 6 episodes at 24 minutes which equaled season 1's run of 12 episodes at 12 minutes.
    That's possible, but unlikely. It was probably pre-empted due to the Olympics like 3-gatsu was.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho

Shirase is best girl of the season. No contest.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just caught up with Clear Card and Ameagari and they're both wooonderful :D

Ameagari, like, you might be put off by the premise of a high school girl being attracted to her 45 year old manager? but the story is steeped in references to modern Japanese literature (so glad I took classes for context) and ends up really philosophical and beautiful, not to mention the scenery is gorgeous as well. And I think it had, perhaps, the most beautiful single scene I've ever seen in anime. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Just caught up with Clear Card and Ameagari and they're both wooonderful :D

Ameagari, like, you might be put off by the premise of a high school girl being attracted to her 45 year old manager? but the story is steeped in references to modern Japanese literature (so glad I took classes for context) and ends up really philosophical and beautiful, not to mention the scenery is gorgeous as well. And I think it had, perhaps, the most beautiful single scene I've ever seen in anime. Maybe.
    I haven't seen all of Clear Card but Ameagari is pretty good so far, really good art, character and story pacing/development. Telling this story in a more subtle slow paced way rather than making a massive deal out of the age difference from the outside is good.

Also what scene is that?

Other random stuff:

3-gatsu has been great, no surprises there. Really love how invested they can make you into these side matches and characters, and the emotional back and forth of wanting both to win for different reasons.

Death March: Isekai trash

Gakuen Babysitters: Cute, but pretty vapid otherwise. Seems to me Japan is trying to fix their birth rate issues by having a bunch of really cute toddlers doing cute shit.

Garo Vanishing Line: Still good, still really good animation and the characters are far better than the previous anime season.

Grancrest Senki: Not isekai, just boring.

Kokkoku: Best OP no doubt, the actual show is weird and interesting but I haven't gotten that far into it.

Mitsuboshi Colors: If you wanna see 3 lolis who are absolute assholes with no redeeming features, this might be for you! No charm, weak jokes, trash characters.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto: Shogi but with a heavy loli focus and some...slight shogi. Watch 3-Gatsu instead since it's better in every conceivable way.

Hakumei to Mikochi: Now this is interesting, nice atmosphere, good characters that interact well with others, weird setting (tiny people in a forest doing shit) but a nice relaxed atmosphere. If you ask me this is what shit like Magus Bride and Girl's Last Tour was missing, actual fucking personality.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Also what scene is that?
    In the heavy rain ep, I think ep 7? The scene at his place
    Spoiler: show
    when he hugs her and the monologue that goes with it, after I watched it I thought "well I'm never getting that moment back again"

Yeah I figured it might be that, it stood out to me as a really well done moment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gunsmith Cats reboot to premier at Anime Central in Chicago (May 18-20), Will be a Short, Kickstarter planned for Blu Ray release
    http://www.acen.org/special-world-pr...imation-short/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Today's episode of Violet Evergarden...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Gunsmith Cats reboot to premier at Anime Central in Chicago (May 18-20), Will be a Short, Kickstarter planned for Blu Ray release
    http://www.acen.org/special-world-pr...imation-short/
    Damn, that's reaching back into the Nostalgia bin. If we're going that far back, can we get a Nadesico closure that the games never gave us? We're finally getting it for FMP.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Today's episode of Violet Evergarden...

I'll give them points for emotional gut punches. I generally like everything about this now except them repeating some shit every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Damn, that's reaching back into the Nostalgia bin. If we're going that far back, can we get a Nadesico closure that the games never gave us? We're finally getting it for FMP.....
    Pretty sure this was the first anime thing I owned and I fucking loved it. So they'll probably fuck it up but I'm not used to anime reboots.

If we're digging deep can we get some Project A-Ko, now that shit was wild even though I have no idea what happened towards the end or those side stories.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sonic Mania Adventures - 5 Minisodes coming soon

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Holy shit Overlord II is picking up!
    Spoiler: show
    Sebas casually exploding people´s heads with semi casual punches was fuckin badass. Demiurge is a beast and now Ainz going to jump in too? Hnnnnnggggg

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It took 12 episodes to finally get 1 good one.

I also just sobbed for a solid 5 minutes after the end of A Place Further then the Universe today too. I honestly didn’t know what to expect for an ending and what they gave us just hits you like a sack of bricks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I swear the emotional rollercoaster that is Violet Evergarden keeps getting steeper every week. Latest episode was a real tear jerker for me.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really liked it too but last week with the Mom writing letters is the one that hit me the hardest so far.

Doesn’t come close to this week’s episode of Sora yori mo Tooi Basho though, but that was a result of everything building up to this point sort of thing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah I've been shedding tears all week watching all these shows lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Friend-zoned fatty got kicked to the curb hard in Darling in the FranXX today lol

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Friend-zoned fatty got kicked to the curb hard in Darling in the FranXX today lol
    I kinda thought this show would end up being darker but we've literally gone no where. All character development, no plot.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I kinda thought this show would end up being darker but we've literally gone no where. All character development, no plot.
    They're definitely showing hints at a very seedy underbelly to how their society works and how humanity got all fucked up. The series is slated at 24 episodes (I think?) so I'm not entirely surprised that they haven't just jumped straight into the deeper plot so far. But it's definitely there and one would hope they'd eventually start venturing into it. But yeah, so far the show has been alright but nothing great or memorable.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They're definitely showing hints at a very seedy underbelly to how their society works and how humanity got all fucked up. The series is slated at 24 episodes (I think?) so I'm not entirely surprised that they haven't just jumped straight into the deeper plot so far. But it's definitely there and one would hope they'd eventually start venturing into it. But yeah, so far the show has been alright but nothing great or memorable.
    I just found out today that it's a 2 cour. That might be why it's been a little slow. Maybe the 2nd half will pick up.