+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So it's Daimidaler with higher budget and less harem?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS!!! GRAND BLUE ANIME HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/951755032336023552

Manga is clearly targeting a young adult audience so they better not fucking neuter it or tone it down to be more kid/teen friendly.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First episode of Darling in the FranXX was pretty good. Getting Eureka Seven+Star Driver vibes from it which I like a lot.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Darling in the FranXX Ep1

It was okay. I don't have any strong opinions on this yet. There's too many characters, the story and setting isn't well established.

This show is even hornier than I expected it to be.
    Spoiler: show

“Wow, a giant robot? And you have tits and ass?"

Action looks great

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post

It was okay. I don't have any strong opinions on this yet. There's too many characters, the story and setting isn't well established.

Yup, looks like I need to watch this >.>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Gin no Guardian.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on lol. Season 2 just starts out of left field. You can literally miss the first season and still know just about as much about the plot as someone who watched all of season 1.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean what 24 episode show establishes everything on episode 1 well lol? Hell most 12 episode ones don't really. Of course they gotta actually hook you so you don't notice while they set up because not everyone follows the 3 episode rule. But that a lot of times ends up being more about superficial stuff good or bad. Especially when ecchi is involved.

Given the vid posted last page was actually a little less than I expected. As such Gulk don't get too excited. There is certainly some "plot" but those pics are basically all there was well and the names they give the pilots.

Show is alright so far. Story feels like well a lot of similar things seen before but that's to be expected this early in and so much coming before it. Lone boy with tragic past without power discovers his power to fight strange monsters that attack the settlement with a partner in a giant robo. Others with similar lines have been great and not so great so we shall see. Right now this episode was really just setting up the main 2 and there meeting (which has been good). And briefly introducing side characters. Here's hoping we see more Cyborg Dr. Wily.

Sound is solid. Nothing amazing but a bit above average. Animation/art is quite nice for the most part I definitely get that Eureka 7 feel mentioned... but at times it switches to a rather glaring lack of detail. I mean pretty much any anime does this to an extent (especially stuff in the background) but feels more noticeable in few scenes here and kind of took me out of it a few times. Especially when they did it to the "plot"!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Gin no Guardian.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on lol. Season 2 just starts out of left field. You can literally miss the first season and still know just about as much about the plot as someone who watched all of season 1.
    Haoliners happened lol. But in seriousness the entirety of season 1 effectively had no plot. Honestly I just kind of took it as a promotion to get people interested in the manga. Was only 12 episodes and they were like 10 minutes each. Got a basic idea of the main world and a very basic idea of the game one (and that there is more to it then meets the eye) a couple of characters developed a little but not really much of what exactly is going on. It was more of a all over the place prologue really

That said this is more or less picking up where it stopped which is why it might seem like out of left field. He's really just continuing his exploration of the game which had really just started at the end of season 1. He's technically a n00b but has OP item and that AI or whatever he got from the games creator. Based on the little hints I'm guessing the person pushing Titan is one of those grave robber dudes that killed the games creator. Overall doing full episodes things seem to have improved but I mean that was kind of a low bar and we still need more than just hints at plot

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Action looks great

I loved everything about this show. I’m getting Evangelion vibes off of it and I’m not talking about the kaiju they fight. This is definitely up there on my list especially with how lackluster the latest anime seasons have been.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The first ep was cool, the only thing I didn't like was when the robot suddenly got huge eyes and started talking X.x

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Haoliners happened lol. But in seriousness the entirety of season 1 effectively had no plot. Honestly I just kind of took it as a promotion to get people interested in the manga. Was only 12 episodes and they were like 10 minutes each. Got a basic idea of the main world and a very basic idea of the game one (and that there is more to it then meets the eye) a couple of characters developed a little but not really much of what exactly is going on. It was more of a all over the place prologue really

That said this is more or less picking up where it stopped which is why it might seem like out of left field. He's really just continuing his exploration of the game which had really just started at the end of season 1. He's technically a n00b but has OP item and that AI or whatever he got from the games creator. Based on the little hints I'm guessing the person pushing Titan is one of those grave robber dudes that killed the games creator. Overall doing full episodes things seem to have improved but I mean that was kind of a low bar and we still need more than just hints at plot
    You're right, there is still no plot lol. However they still should've done a quick recap at the beginning of the episode, but I guess that's too much to ask lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nope. It's poop.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Such a simple gag and the most ridiculous of potty humour, but it fucking slayed me

I was thinking when the episode started that I'll miss the stupid gags, but I totally forgot their serious stories are still 90% solved with poop.

Greatest anime ever.

Also Kokkoku's OP is legit. The show is pretty interesting as well, but probably needs an episode or 2 to really do something.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

wtb English subtitles of
    The Seven Deadly Sins - Revival of the Commandments

only been a... Indonesian subtitles version out for the past few days and my Japanese isn't good enough to understand whats happening qq

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Well that was a surprise.. Dagashi Kashi 2 is only 13 mins/ep.

It's still not a show so 13 mins is better. Honestly you could get the same content in 3. How this got a second season I do not know.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Welcome to Doozy(Pilot)
    Sony Animation and Frederator Studios have been funding short pilots from different creators.

This is a really cute, simple, and enjoyable style.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's still not a show so 13 mins is better. Honestly you could get the same content in 3. How this got a second season I do not know.
    Some people really love it (or at least the purple haired girl) and are rather vocal about it though overall it has low ratings. I don't really understand it myself but it's also one of the few shows I've dropped after 1 episode. Too much cringe for my taste and that's kind of saying something lol. And then when I read there is neither plot nor "plot" I was like nope I made the right choice.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I like Dagashi Kashi, but it did need to get shorter, too bad the ramen show didn't do the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast