+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Winter Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I'm actually really enjoying the way they're teasing out details about the world as they build up the characters. There's an underlying tension to these pretty normal coming-of-ages stories as we don't know what kind of world the stories are taking place in and we know that other kids in the position of our characters seem almost expected to die.

I never really got what people liked in the first place aside from the animation being good. Plot is stupid, character's are stupid and nothing fucking happens.

If it takes 12 episodes for your anime to get interesting you've failed, something at least should have happened on episode 8 or 10, and the most interesting part so far (Zerome going to that adult's house) is basically just glossed over and even the character himself doesn't care anymore.

Dumb.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yep. Definitely was expecting more.
    All the interesting and deeper stuff about the world just servers as background for teen drama, ugh

Not watching the show, myself, but given the studio, you should know damn well there's a twist coming.

I like overlord but this season spent too much time on the lizardmen then flipped to the eight fingers. Seems like they couldn't make up their minds on what they wanted to do. I hope there will be a 3rd season cause this one was meh.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    I like overlord but this season spent too much time on the lizardmen then flipped to the eight fingers. Seems like they couldn't make up their minds on what they wanted to do. I hope there will be a 3rd season cause this one was meh.
    Totally agree. This season was boring as fuck. The only highlight was Sebas punching people's fucking heads into dust last episode and that lasted all of 10 seconds. And today's episode, you get a badass sorcerer ninja chick who's got decent potential to be a better then average none overpowered human character (the others are ALL BORING AS FUCK +_+), and they turn her into a cringey shy schoolgirl with a crush. Just awful.

The show is called Overlord and the concept is an OP main character, let's focus on him yeah? Or even his OP minions more yeah? Instead we get 12 episodes of 98% shitty world building with uninteresting characters that won't go away.

Yeah, this arc was more interesting than the lizard men, but I'll agree more emphasis should be put on Ains.

Is it 12 or 13 episodes this season? I might skim it after it's done but I'm glad I bowed out after literal lizard sex. I don't know what the point of the show is anymore.

Don't know, myself. They did the credit roll while scenes were still progressing and there was no preview. Episode could be considered clifferhanger-y enough, but I could also see one more being enough for resolution.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

1 more ep next week. Even I thought it was a final ep with a cliffhanger.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Gunsmith Cats reboot to premier at Anime Central in Chicago (May 18-20), Will be a Short, Kickstarter planned for Blu Ray release
    http://www.acen.org/special-world-pr...imation-short/
    Funded and then some - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

New Goblin Slayer trailer;

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh yeah, Citrus was a disappointing pile of trash.