• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Anyone want to have me as a referral bonus for Google Fi?

I'm ordering a Google Pixel 2 and I plan to use Google Fi with it. They have referral bonuses if you suggest someone to sign up so if anybody using Google Fi would like to use my signup as their bonus let me know. I'll wait until about December 8th before going ahead to signup if there's no replies.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I'm ordering a Google Pixel 2 and I plan to use Google Fi with it. They have referral bonuses if you suggest someone to sign up so if anybody using Google Fi would like to use my signup as their bonus let me know. I'll wait until about December 8th before going ahead to signup if there's no replies.
    Yes. Hang on.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Yes. Hang on.
    Here's a referral code to get a $20 credit when you join Project Fi! Redeem it at

https://g.co/fi/r/J37478

I have a second one too from my wife, not sure if you can use both.

Hers is 1VH0HA

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Here's a referral code to get a $20 credit when you join Project Fi! Redeem it at

https://g.co/fi/r/J37478

I have a second one too from my wife, not sure if you can use both.

Hers is 1VH0HA
    Also Fi is great, you're going to love it. My wife is almost two years in and we've traveled to Europe twice, Mexico, and Canada and have had free calling and regular data rates. I just came on last month with the 2 XL and the phone is incredible and the camera stunning. We just did Niagara Falls this weekend, the pictures are unreal for a phone. Not to mention in a month between the two of us we used under 0.10 GB, which means we'll be refunded $39 since we pay for 2GB each.

I pay for the phone over two years so it's 35 a month, 20 data and 20 for service so $75 a month. If I use 1gb than it's $65 a month which is the same price as I paid on my old Verizon plan with a much cheaper phone. If I am under 1gb than it's cheaper than my old plan and up to $10 cheaper at $55 which is what this month will be. Best phone and plan I've ever had. If you go international ever it's unbeatable, and for some reason it's even better than Verizon in my area. Always had to use wife's phone in a grocery store to look up recipe ingredients cause my phone was a brick in them. And somehow calls and texts work with WiFi and mobile data off lol, I don't even understand it. I turn mobile data off entirely for the most part unless I need to go on social media. Still get calls and texts even when driving on the highway, it's great.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sounds amazing, I can't wait. I've been hampered with bad service for about 4 years with T-Mobile. In my area my current service works fine in your typical downtown areas but then inexplicably hits total deadzones of no service just a short distance away where I live and it's not even rural in the slightest. Trash phone service for $45 so this is going to be cheaper and probably better and with a new phone as well. The last time I had a Google phone was like 5 or 6 years ago when the first Nexus came out.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Only problem with Fi in your case is it prioritizes T-Mobile tower's and then Sprint for service iirc. You might not get much better service than you have now, but if you have any WiFi at all it'll crush everything.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Got my phone yesterday. Went around Pokemon Go walking in areas that had been deadzones for me, spinning new Pokestops and Gyms that I was never able to get. Now my service is butter smooth. I love the phone so far, only nitpick I wish that it had a quick brightness slider and I didn't have to buy type-C adapters for things like USB.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Got my phone yesterday. Went around Pokemon Go walking in areas that had been deadzones for me, spinning new Pokestops and Gyms that I was never able to get. Now my service is butter smooth. I love the phone so far, only nitpick I wish that it had a quick brightness slider and I didn't have to buy type-C adapters for things like USB.
    Scroll down twice from the top no?

Also screw adapters everything to C it's so much better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've been on Fi myself for about 18 months and I also love it. I've had spotless service in NYC, Santiago Chile, Pueto Natales(Also chile), England, and all across Canada. I pay for 3g/mo but hardly ever use it all. It's mostly ffbe and web browsing. I don't watch youtube or anything without wifi.

For usb-c stuff, I bought a bunch off newegg a while ago. I think 3' cords were like $6 USD so I just stocked up.

Just checked, still the same price: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-835-_-Product

I've been using them since I got my phone and they've been great. Keep on in my travel bag, one at the office etc

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Scroll down twice from the top no?

Also screw adapters everything to C it's so much better.
    I was overlooking it. I expected it to be a shortcut icon, and totally overlooked the slider along the top lol.

Project Fi is flawless and magical I love it! I am waiting for an excuse to drive across the state to see how it performs on those long highway gaps of nothing but rural areas to see if there is signal. And I still haven't received anything from the bank it's financed through to find out when / how I'm supposed to make my monthly payments.

Thanks for the USB cable link that's super cheap!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have Fi and live in a rural area. Spoilers! The signal is shit. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk