• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I wonder how many commercials per actual coverage they have? I bet it's a 3:1 ratio.
    I timed the last 20 minutes, it has been 5 minutes > commercial > 7 minutes > commercial > 3 minutes > commercial.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Lidnsey Vonn has some nice shades.

Spoiler: show

Edit: Spoiler for big.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetorc...inter-olympics

Russian tests positive for doping for... curling. Second test to be run today to confirm the results.

BG Level

Last night in Ice Dancing during the French competitors program the woman's outfit slipped down and exposed her whole breast on live tv. I didn't see it happen because I was in the other room with the tv on. I heard them talking about it later but I thought they were talking about the previous, "wardrobe malfunction" from the other woman earlier in the games where her dress almost fell down and she had to hold it up. When I woke up today and checked the Olympic news it was all over the internet lol. NBC censored the replay and there is not much mention of it on their website.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I missed this run, but heard about it after it happened. Apparently a very "average" skier made it into the olympics by exploiting a loophole.
    https://deadspin.com/the-winter-olym...ate-1823138678

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I saw it. Loved it.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That lift Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue did was fucking wild. If you like figure skating at all and missed their gold medal-winning performance you owe it to yourself to go watch it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

"That's short track at its best" - Mike Tirico after a team that didn't even make the final wins bronze. If Snowboard Cross is NASCAR on snow, I guess that's NASCAR on ice? Short track is interesting in all its chaos, but whatever. I prefer the other speed skating personally, but it's not like that is a pure time trial knockout tournament, since that also can depend on how well their opponent is skating. Netherlands apparently broke the WR in their race, so they at least did something, but weird finish an event.

Bring on the downhill.

BG Level

I know the whole US is proud of you to Lindsey!! (I swear no reporter is happy until they make a athlete cry. >_<)

BG Level

Happy to see her hang on for Bronze, but I was a bit surprised. It was the same deal with the Super G, where she simply was going very safe, although this run didn't have a big blip towards the end like in that. Lots of skiiers after her either missing gates or falling though. Otherwise I would have expected her probably finishing a couple spots lower. I don't think it was going to take much to get tears though, since she'd been sitting there for 20 minutes realizing that the medal was probably slipping through her fingers.

BG Level

As a fan of ski racing I can tell you Vonn has nothing to be ashamed of. I know she wanted to win for her grandfather who died and had planned to be there, but she still pretty much had a perfect race. In downhill you can have a flawless line and great aerodynamics but you can still be affected by wind and other environmental factors. It absolutely was in this race. They brought it up in the broadcast. The wind starting picking up near the top of the course and caused a lot of the women to crash or miss a gate. Lindsey and Gold Medal winner Sofia Goggia (who is friends with Vonn) were lucky in that they got to choose an early number and ski sooner than the earlier competitors.

She will go down in history as one of the greatest ski racers ever. I could list all her accomplishments but there are to many to name. Read the first part of her wiki page if you want to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Vonn

And she still has another race tomorrow so we could see another medal.

BG Level

For sure. Coming into these Olympics, I knew they were going to absolutely cram commercials and hype segments down the viewers' throats and for once I couldn't argue with it. Really I'd think that it would be impossible for them to make a bigger deal out of her than the should have. They always pick 3-5 of their darlings and hype them to the moon, but I wasn't going to complain at all whatever they did with her, even if she didn't achieve results here.

Very difficult, and often unfair to compare athletes from widely different sports, but what she's done in the speed events (particularly the DH) over her career is incredible.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So happy to see Diggins win gold. Lame claim to fame, My wife grew up in the same neighborhood as Jessie, and my mother in law still lives right down the street from her family. Gonna be a hell of a summer celebration In Afton. That's for sure!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Kinda wild that Russia has 13 medals but 0 golds so far.

I suppose the women's figure skaters are going to solve that though.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by psychodwarf View Post
    So happy to see Diggins win gold. Lame claim to fame, My wife grew up in the same neighborhood as Jessie, and my mother in law still lives right down the street from her family. Gonna be a hell of a summer celebration In Afton. That's for sure!
    If you weren't watching it live you gotta hear the call by the announcer lol! Again Congrats to her for winning the Gold Medal.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/inc...istoric-moment

BG Level

Gah. Slalom course doing a number on lots of medal contenders today.

A shootout for the gold medal? I enjoy a shootout as a concept, but I don't care for it with these kind of stakes.

BG Level

US WOMEN HOCKEY WIN!!!!!

US WOMEN HOCKEY WIN!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!

That was absolute torture

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Kinda wild that Russia has 13 medals but 0 golds so far.

I suppose the women's figure skaters are going to solve that though.
    I was gonna say...Alina looked like she was moving on fast forward 2x but nope, that's her normal speed. I ain't even mad to losing to the Russians, the females have been killing it. The men tho, I feel like some judging shenanigans went there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level

Yeah, the Russians simply were on another level. Alina going for that "2nd half exploit" getting the 10% bonus on all the jumping passes basically being the difference. I don't think I'd ever paid attention to that in the past, so that was something new I picked up this Olympics. Evgenia starting out down a little over a point and I think it was nearly 3 points in the technical score was going to be tough to overcome.