• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Women's slopestyle snowboarding is supposed to start now but it is delayed again. I hope it isn't postponed again ><

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The US coverage of this is fucking garbage. The app cuts out and goes to commercial every 30 seconds.

Just let me watch fucking curling already.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    The US coverage of this is fucking garbage. The app cuts out and goes to commercial every 30 seconds.

I was timing the NBC coverage of the men's biathalon earlier. They cut to a commercial every five minutes.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

This is what I hate about the Winter Olympics. They will spend most of the night showing and talking about figure skating and then literally say, "Oh, here's some of the other stuff that happened at the games today." Which consists of about 30 seconds of really fast clips and someone may have done something really amazing or won their first gold medal. But screw that! We have to get back to the equivalent of ballet dancing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I watched the Opening Ceremony live and was following along with a thread elsewhere commenting on it. So many complaints about commercials during it, as they seemed to be ill-timed. That wasn't a problem for me most of the time, but holy crap once the commercials started picking up, it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    This is what I hate about the Winter Olympics. They will spend most of the night showing and talking about figure skating and then literally say, "Oh, here's some of the other stuff that happened at the games today." Which consists of about 30 seconds of really fast clips and someone may have done something really amazing or won their first gold medal. But screw that! We have to get back to the equivalent of ballet dancing.
    If I'm watching on tv, I pretty much stick to NBC Sports or whatever. Give me my cross country, luge, and curling. At least they seem to usually so far only have about 2 events that they're toggling between and it's not so much constantly jumping back and forth. Alpine skiing and a few other things I won't dare use the broadcast as my viewing method.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Even the app coverage is fucking garbage.

Fuck NBC. Fuck the IOC.

I JUST WANT TO WATCH CURLING

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Yea it sucks that they keep skipping the first few rocks of an end. It's gonna suck when they get to the Men's and Women's tourneys. They will skip the lead and second's rocks because lol commercials.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Feels like there's only like ten commercials too, so they're all getting old fast.

Watching snowboarding last night made me hate those twins in the At&t commercial..

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Women's slopestyle snowboarding is supposed to start now but it is delayed again. I hope it isn't postponed again ><
    Apparently it probably should have been.
    https://deadspin.com/snowboarders-bl...hit-1822923915

Gold medalist only earned enough points to get sixth in Sochi.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The old adage holds up. If you perform at 75% of your peak at the Olympics, you'll probably win.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its bad enough there's cute Korean girls working every event, but all the events are loaded with cute Asians. Heck even team USA has a bunch of gorgeous Asian-American girls repping the red white and blue. Maia Shibutani stole my heart skating so gracefully in that red dress last night.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Slow motion luge crashes look terrifying..

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Even the app coverage is fucking garbage.

Fuck NBC. Fuck the IOC.

I JUST WANT TO WATCH CURLING
    this was me yesterday, i dont have cable. never did get to watch the curling. was fucking raging at their app and shit. got to watch cross country skiing and biathalon on air antenna though, the 2 most zzzz fucking sports at the games, thanks nbc

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ive barely watched any events so far. It's not necessarily because of the time difference, as I'm up til 4am anyway. I just haven't gotten into it

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I don't understand how NBC can't just make a user interface that's basically what ESPN does for March Madness -- here's a list of events going on by time; want to watch this event, click this link.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The old adage holds up. If you perform at 75% of your peak at the Olympics, you'll probably win.
    SOOOOO many people got wrecked in the women's slopestyle final by the winds, being conservative was really the only path to victory in those conditions.

BG Level

I tried watching streams on NBC's site last night but I cannot get it to work on Firefox or Chrome. It was the same for me last time. The only way it will work is with IE and even then sometimes it doesn't. I will log in and it will bring up a screen and start buffering like it's going to start but then will go back to the login page. Plus you have to enable 3rd party cookies and there are ads all over the place. Then when I log out it leaves behind LSO's and over 500Mb of junk that I have to get rid of. Fuck that!! I'm done with their fail service. Most the the events are in the middle of the night anyway and I can't stay up that late.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Its bad enough there's cute Korean girls working every event, but all the events are loaded with cute Asians. Heck even team USA has a bunch of gorgeous Asian-American girls repping the red white and blue. Maia Shibutani stole my heart skating so gracefully in that red dress last night.
    ^This. I think I am in love with Kaori Sakamoto of Japan.

She's 17 but her birthday is only in two months so my love will be legal then. : P

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lol

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

That russian 15 yr old female skater was so fucking good btw wtf

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    That russian 15 yr old female skater was so fucking good btw wtf
    This russian was incredible when I saw her yesterday too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgenia_Medvedeva

During Medvedeva's first performance of the 2018 Winter Olympics, at the ladies short program of the team event, she placed first with a record score of 81.06, a personal best and world record for ladies' short program.

BG Level

I thought you had to be 16 to be in the Olympics. I saw her last night too and thought she doesn't look 15. >.>