+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I think people are complaining about the wrong stuff in that scene.

No one is wondering what the point of sacrificing even was when the First Order was capable of knocking the door down anyway.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Does GoT even have titties anymore? lol

What was there, like one scene last season?
    We had girl power carpet munching by the dickless dude.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Despite all the backlash, there's absolutely nothing Rian Johnson would've changed with TLJ.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180647304.html

"There’s nothing I’ve read or seen that’s made me think, ‘Oh god, I did kind of mess that up, I would’ve done that differently if I could go back,’” he said. “I still genuinely believe in all the decisions I’ve made.”
    lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Artist believes in his creation. lulz

I mean I would be surprised if he publicly turned around and went "yeah I fucked some stuff up."

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Joel Schumacher did.

So you're saying that public apologies for big budget movies are common? Well then I am surprised.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Joel Schumacher did.
    Are we really gonna compare Last Jedi to Batman&Robin? Schumacher was making B&R at the behest of corporate where Last Jedi is Rian Johnson's through and through. I can see why he'd defend it though at this point there's nothing that'll convince raging fanboys the movie isn't the franchise ending disaster.

Relax boys, you'll get your 'Star Wars is dead.' and its name is Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Are we really gonna compare Last Jedi to Batman&Robin? Schumacher was making B&R at the behest of corporate where Last Jedi is Rian Johnson's through and through. I can see why he'd defend it though at this point there's nothing that'll convince raging fanboys the movie isn't the franchise ending disaster.

Relax boys, you'll get your 'Star Wars is dead.' and its name is Solo: A Star Wars Story.
    If that convinces Mel Brooks to do a Lonestar: A Spaceballs Cash In prequel, it will be worth it.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

So I just watched this for the first time and I'm trying to figure out how Luke and Leia held hands and shit when he was just a hologram.

Also I thought the movie was going to delve into a dark secret about the origin of the Jedi when Rey was being called to that hole in the island and Luke wanted her to stay away from it, which would've been interesting... Instead it was nothing.

Hyper-drive kamikaze was cool at least.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    how many ships actually have lightspeed capabilities?
    Catching up on this thread it seems this never got addressed; the answer is quite a few. All X-wings have it, and I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure it was all Rebel fighters. TIE's not having them was always portrayed with the idea that "the empire doesn't really care about its pilots", the same way TIEs didn't have shields. Though Vader's TIE had both and is why he didn't die out in the middle of nowhere or get caught by the rebels at the end of A New Hope.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    So I just watched this for the first time and I'm trying to figure out how Luke and Leia held hands and shit when he was just a hologram.
    I did some research to try to explain this as a force ghost/spirit thing, but it was just force powers made up for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Catching up on this thread it seems this never got addressed; the answer is quite a few. All X-wings have it, and I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure it was all Rebel fighters. TIE's not having them was always portrayed with the idea that "the empire doesn't really care about its pilots", the same way TIEs didn't have shields. Though Vader's TIE had both and is why he didn't die out in the middle of nowhere or get caught by the rebels at the end of A New Hope.
    A wings don't have it. X and Y wings were the only ones as far as I know that have it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

A wings have it. They jumped to endor with the rest of the starfighters in RoTJ.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rebel fighters need an on-board astromech droid in order to do the light speed calculations before a jump. They can be deployed without the astromech, but light speed without one would be impossible. The few Imperial fighters that were capable of light speed all had navigation computers to do the calculations and did not require an astromech.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Rebel fighters need an on-board astromech droid in order to do the light speed calculations before a jump. They can be deployed without the astromech, but light speed without one would be impossible. The few Imperial fighters that were capable of light speed all had navigation computers to do the calculations and did not require an astromech.
    And those astromechs were capable of piloting the ships, as shown when Luke tells R2 "I'd like to keep it on manual" when going to Dagobah, so you wouldn't even need to sacrifice a life to lightspeed-ram an X-wing into something.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Iirc all rebel starfighers had hypderdrives, post y-wings/x-wings, including A-Wings and B-Wings

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not age restricted on Youtube, but I'd think likely NSFW.

Spoiler: show

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Too late. Fuck you.