+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 852
  1. #81
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21,752
    BG Level
    10

    Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Spoiler Thread (Cause no one else is making it)

    And again, it could’ve been resolved during the whole cave mind trip scene. The movie would have been better served with Rey espousing the “spark of resistance could start anywhere” theme after that. Especially with Luke’s words of how the Jedi title is just plain vanity. Would’ve been great to follow through with how Rey is just a “normal” individual, and not a Jedi with that.

    The script and especially the pacing of the movie were all over the place. It’s why moments like the reveal of Rey’s parents and Luke’s death fell so damn flat. Finn and Rose could’ve been deleted from the movie entirely and absolutely NO difference would have been made with the outcome.

  2. #82

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    And again, it could’ve been resolved during the whole cave mind trip scene. The movie would have been better served with Rey espousing the “spark of resistance could start anywhere” theme after that. Especially with Luke’s words of how the Jedi title is just plain vanity. Would’ve been great to follow through with how Rey is just a “normal” individual, and not a Jedi with that.

    The script and especially the pacing of the movie were all over the place. It’s why moments like the reveal of Rey’s parents and Luke’s death fell so damn flat. Finn and Rose could’ve been deleted from the movie entirely and absolutely NO difference would have been made with the outcome.
    The double cross scene was well done I thought. I agree the casino felt too forced.

    I actually thought Finn was going to Independence Day the cannon at the end.

  3. #83
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21,752
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    The double cross scene was well done I thought. I agree the casino felt too forced.
    I take that back. Finn and Rose were directly responsible for the escaping rebels to be discovered and almost entirely wiped out. LOL

  4. #84
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    30,399
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If Holdo just told Poe what's what from the get go all of that could have been avoided.

    Both all those people dying and us the audience having to watch the casino scenes.

  5. #85

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I take that back. Finn and Rose were directly responsible for the escaping rebels to be discovered and almost entirely wiped out. LOL
    LOL. And so was Poe, and the girl on the bridge... Eesh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If Holdo just told Poe what's what from the get go all of that could have been avoided.

    Both all those people dying and us the audience having to watch the casino scenes.
    lol... CinemaSins is going to have a field day with this movie.

  6. #86

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,244
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Man you all just can't like anything. It's a movie. It's all fiction. None of it matters. If you didn't like it that's fine, but really bitching this much is pretty sad. It was a fine movie. It had some good moments, and some bad. If you really hate the writing or whatever so much, maybe you should start writing movies, help make them better instead of crying cause your dumb theory wasn't what happened in the movie. And the people bitching about it being too funny etc, you should rewatch the original trilogy, the humor hasn't changed, this is what Star Wars is. Disney isn't bullshitting it up with Porgs etc. What do you think the ewoks were? Disney is doing no different.

    With that said, I wish Kylo went to the light or rey went dark, that would have been a real change of pace for the series, but I get why that may not work. I also do like Kylo's kill everything and start fresh logic, but he's a bitch.

  7. #87
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,478
    BG Level
    9

    It would have been a hell of a lot more interesting if:

    1. Rey went dark
    2. Kylo went light and Snoke still lived
    3. Kylo and Rey went "together" in either direction or neutral

    Instead, it ended up in an awful place.

  8. #88
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Likes: Luke. His send off was good. Maybe early? Definitely going to see force ghost luke though. Fight scene in smokes room was cool. Finally saw a lightsaber be used on/off to fight. Also Rey’s drop and catch while keeping it ignites was dope. I liked the final show down and the idea that Luke had to essentially make himself visible to probably a couple hundred people all at once through the force just to be the hero they needed and deserved lolol.

    Gripes: what the fuck at leia in space. That sucked. Probably my least favorite thing in all of Star Wars. Worse than jar jar binks. Every scene that involves the lady with the purple hair. Actually that entire side story in general sucked. Made no sense and was a fucking drag. Why don’t they just send ships into hyper speed at all the large ships and just have hyperspeed wars to blow shit up all the time. How did Kylo not recognize his idols lightsaber being in Luke’s hands after he himself fucking broke it like an hour before. He should’ve known like was up to something. How did this new millennium falcon technology come about with this drop pod and why wasn’t it used before. Too convenient. What was the point of Captain pharsma coming back at all. What a joke. Why did they get political with that code breaker guy. What was the point of the casino shit god that was bad. When will they learn child actors ruin everything related to Star Wars and that it just doesn’t work. Why did yoda look so weird. Why was snoke useless with no backstory. Possibly the strongest with we’ve ever seen command the force but came out of nowhere. The attempt on his life made him scarred. What story is this? Idk man I just don’t know.

    Looking forward: how is leia going out at this point. There seems like there’s no threat at all in this trilogy. Nothing feels at risk. I guess it never does in these movies but I don’t know if I like the story of these new three. I think they would’ve been better off just making a completely new story from the start.

  9. #89
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,953
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Looking forward: how is leia going out at this point. There seems like there’s no threat at all in this trilogy. Nothing feels at risk. I guess it never does in these movies but I don’t know if I like the story of these new three. I think they would’ve been better off just making a completely new story from the start.
    There's easily the possibility they filmed extra scenes that would end her story that they would possibly have used for Last Jedi and end up using next film.

  10. #90
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,478
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Looking forward: how is leia going out at this point. There seems like there’s no threat at all in this trilogy. Nothing feels at risk. I guess it never does in these movies but I don’t know if I like the story of these new three. I think they would’ve been better off just making a completely new story from the start.
    At the end of Empire Strikes Back, you are left with "how could the good guys possibly win?" and at the end of this it's more like "how could the good guys possibly lose?". They REALLY needed to keep Snoke alive. Also, I am pretty certain they stated that actress replacement and hologram usage are both off the table. There would be a time skip and write her death off screen and/or start with a funeral scene.

    Also, the very last scene pretty much confirms the time skip and I think it was rumored to have been filmed as a result of her death. The kid is recreating the what Luke just did, and obviously he isn't going to learn about that overnight. What Luke did became legend across the galaxy, over time.

  11. #91
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,953
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    and at the end of this it's more like "how could the good guys possibly lose?"
    wtf you guys are on crack....the entirety of what's left of the rebellion is small enough to fit on the Millenium Falcon, Luke only accomplished saving even them from getting wiped out, nobody answered their distress call, the only hint of a hope is some 6-yr old slave kid, and you walk away with "how could the good guys possibly lose?" smdh

  12. #92
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,478
    BG Level
    9

    Because its going to come down to Rey v Ren and Rey already feels more powerful than Ren.....especially at her exponential growth rate. It should have come down to Ren+Rey vs. Snoke or something similar to that.

  13. #93
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,237
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Nah, Rey vs Ren is what its been leading to from the beginning. Their dynamic was the best part of this movie.

    Fuck Snoke.

  14. #94
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,237
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Honestly, can anyone please explain to me, why Luke is always getting considered as the best Jedi? He fucking did nothing in Episode 4-5-6

    I mean, in 5 he went reckless and got his hand cut
    In 6 he ignore Yoda Training and honestly HAD 0 chances against Vader. The reason they won is that Vader change his idea when he saw his son getting rekted by the emperor.

    I love Hammil, but I keep thinking that Luke is Overrated
    He basically explained it in the movie. He agrees with you. It's just because he became a cultural legend and was the only one left.

  15. #95
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I don't feel like I got to see anything I wanted from this. That's the biggest issue with it. I got some fighting, but nothing truly substantial. I didn't see any cool training nor get any insights about the force or becoming a Jedi or really straying from the path of the Jedi or anything. There was all this talk about ending the Jedi but the books are still with her. There's going to be a massive time jump which assumes we wont get to see Rey build her saber. If Snoke is truly dead and they don't ever mention him again I'll be very disappointed with the story writing. I want to think he's coming back but I know that's not going to happen. I think they want to move away from the Master/Apprentice mentality and have it be just literally final master v final master in Kylo v Rey. I just feel disappointed. There was no real substance to the movie.

  16. #96

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I don't feel like I got to see anything I wanted from this. That's the biggest issue with it. I got some fighting, but nothing truly substantial. I didn't see any cool training nor get any insights about the force or becoming a Jedi or really straying from the path of the Jedi or anything. There was all this talk about ending the Jedi but the books are still with her. There's going to be a massive time jump which assumes we wont get to see Rey build her saber. If Snoke is truly dead and they don't ever mention him again I'll be very disappointed with the story writing. I want to think he's coming back but I know that's not going to happen. I think they want to move away from the Master/Apprentice mentality and have it be just literally final master v final master in Kylo v Rey. I just feel disappointed. There was no real substance to the movie.
    She stole the books. Luke didn't know, Yoda did.

  17. #97
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,478
    BG Level
    9

    No one has even mentioned how bad:

    1. BB-8 controlling the ATST was
    2. How poorly written and executed the Finn/whoever scene was, after she saved him and kissed him

    Again, I'll forgive everything off about this movie, if JJ actually brings Snoke back (via being Plageuis or otherwise) in XI. If Kylo is in fact still going to have a redemption, there has to be some mechanism to actually redeem himself through. There is not a single thing usable that has been introduced to the story-line, thus far, other than Snoke. Hux is a joke and what else is left? "Oh, nevermind boys, just shut it down! I've decided we will join the good guys!"

  18. #98
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,237
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'll be mad if Snoke comes back. He should stay dead. We don't need Emperor 2.0. I don't want Kylo redeemed at this point.

    BB-8 controlling the AT-AT was awesome, idk what you were watching.

  19. #99

    Why do you guys seem to care so much about a back story on Snoke? He's basically the Emperor all over again. But this time instead of a redemption we got someone truly falling into the darkness.

  20. #100
    2600klub
    i herd u liek to fite
    NO NAME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,478
    BG Level
    9

    I don't care if Kylo stays bad. In fact, I probably prefer it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Star Wars: Episode IX (May 24, 2019)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2017-12-28, 12:10
  2. Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December 15, 2017)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 581
    Last Post: 2017-12-17, 09:36
  3. Star Wars: Episode X (2021)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2017-11-02, 11:13
  4. Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2511
    Last Post: 2017-04-06, 09:27