BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck this movie.
    As above, this is not a Star Wars movie. I would be more lenient if this was not part of the main trilogy, but damn, not happy.

Pick any of the prequel movies and it was more Star Wars than this.

Maybe if I watch it a second time I wont be so critical and actually enjoy it, but right now I'm really disappointed.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Rian Johnson made a Rian Johnson movie, not a Star Wars movie.
    I was trying to think how to describe it, and this nails it. It didn't feel like a Star Wars movie, it was just some other space movie they copy pasted Star Wars characters into. Kinda like the last Die Hard movie, where it wasn't actually a Die Hard film until some studio bigheads decided to slot John McClane in.

Also seriously, way too fucking long. You can make a long movie where everything flies by, but this wasn't it. The last hour dragged out tremendously for me

Spoiler: show
    with a cute lightsaber "fight" thrown in

The final scene was some majorly hamfisted nonsense too, but w/e. I'm ready to burn in the fires of purgatory with you Zet for saying mean things about Star Wars.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Makes me appreciate how great Rouge One is after watching this.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Makes me appreciate how great Rouge One is after watching this.
    Seriously, GF and I are watching it right now to cleanse my palate.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All the shitty forced humor just made it worse.

"Oh this could be a serious moment.. here we go.." -- "HUR DUR JOKE" -- "Well, thanks for ruining that scene I guess"

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Between you two and what I've read on Reddit, I'm glad other people are disappointed. Was worried it was just me.

Quick rants

What was the point of building Snoke up as this big bad and then just kill him like a bitch without bothering to explain his backstory?

If Luke went into hiding to just go and die, why the fuck did he leave a map?

Why not have Holdo explain the plan from the beginning instead of having the inane mutiny plot line?

Luke freaks out over Rey and the Dark Side, and then just wakes up the next morning and keeps going? And what the fuck was going on in that cave anyways?

Basically, a lot of it comes down to "How the fuck is this movie so long yet they literally explain nothing?”

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I am agreeing with Zet. I cannot believe I am saying this, but that was just a bad movie.

*There was really poor, forced humor. There were a lot of scenes that were teetering on possible plot advancement, but then it resulted in piss poor humor.
    *Snoke was one of the most interesting characters and killing him that way was absolutely terrible (if he is somehow alive in 9, I take everything negative back about the movie)
    *I doubt Rey's parents were actually randoms. It will come out in 9, but the lack of almost any advancement was pathetic.
    *Nearly every scene with Finn could have been something a lot more interesting
    *In episode 7, there were moments I could hardly breathe. There were several "things" that happened in this movie, where I should have felt similar, but just didn't. It was extremely poor delivery. How did they give Rian the go on an entire trilogy?
    *I thought Kylo was the "Master of the Knights of Ren", but was that them that he and Rey killed so quickly? If he is their Master, why did they attack him AFTER Snoke died?
    *At least let Luke like....crush all of those Gorilla walkers by just thinking about it...force ghost or not. Do SOMETHING bad-ass? Come on...
    *Phasma is the worst used villain of all-time.

I can keep going, but I'm too disappointed to do so. Thank goodness the next one is going back to Abrams. "Dark" movie my ass.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also that whole hyperspace jump scene.

Yeah it looked really fucking cool, but if you've had that in your back pocket all along and it can do that much damage, why didn't you use it earlier as your ships were going down?

had some really cool moments but it was too long and it just didn't quite come together as a movie.

I enjoyed it. It had a very Battlestar Galactica feel to it, and I'm fine with that. I do agree the length could have been shorter though.

I still think in 9 we'll see that Rey isn't just a nobody and we'll get some back story. I think it's kind of funny that we get no back story on Snoke. But really, we didn't get anything on Palpatine until the prequels...

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Spoiler Thread (Cause no one else is making it)

This movie fucking sucked lmao. I’m exaggerating movie wasn’t that bad but it’ll be the best thing ever cuz Star Wars.

- Coolest part was the rebel cruiser lightspeeding into Voldemort’s ship. Which timing wise made absolutely no sense, why the fuck didn’t you do that from the get go!? Let’s wait til a fraction of what’s left of the rebels to pull this off.

- I waited the whole fucking movie for Luke’s bad ass moment, and it came by like a wet fart.

- Who the fuck is snope? Like really. I’m dead ass cuz I have no idea lol.

- I thought Finn had “Jedi potential?” Whatever happened to that?

- They spend a good chunk of the movie building suspense to the reveal of Rey’s parents for there to be absolutely no pay off whatsoever.

- I thought Kylo’s motivation towards the end was actually pretty bad ass. End everything, break the cycle, and start from scratch. Kinda wish Rey went along with it lol.

Seems like they’re planning a time skip for Episode 9. Rebuild the alliance, rebuild the rebel’s, write off Leia, and introduce little drummer boy kid at the end a lil bit older as the newest Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    - I thought Finn had “Jedi potential?” Whatever happened to that?
    This is just something that people thought because he was holding light saber in the previews. It was never said that he had potential.

Also, I don't really understand people sometimes. A lot of people bitched because 7 was basically a carbon copy of the originals, and now that we get something different, people bitch. <_>;

BG Level

I'm sure Rey's parentage will be properly addressed in 9. I think someone important, forgot who, said it would be delved into, through episode 9.

Again, if Snoke is somehow still alive, I'll take back everything negative about this movie. They should have made JJ-A stick with the entire trilogy. Rian ruined everything he setup, as of now.

Also, Xno, I too kept waiting for Luke's big moment and it was fucking weak.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post

Also, I don't really understand people sometimes. A lot of people bitched because 7 was basically a carbon copy of the originals, and now that we get something different, people bitch. <_>;
    A whole lot of people also really like/loved 7. Not hard to understand. Whether you thought 7 was too similar to A New Hope or not, hard to deny it was a well acted and well written script. This movie was NOT.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not using spoiler tags because this is the damn spoiler thread, c'mon..

I think this movie was mediocre and threw away multiple chances at being really good; the critics can suck my dick.

Luke running out of midichlorians and dying was dumb as hell. They went out of their way to have him fake out the entire audience by mirroring the Obi-Wan scene, just to kill him anyway 2 minutes later? At least off him in the next movie, come on.

Also Snoke is the worst character in the history of the franchise unless he's not finished in the series. Literally zero backstory and all of the theories are presumably wrong. What's his motivation? Who was his master? How the hell was he powerful enough to do the shit he did? How could he randomly get offed after all that build up?

Killing him would have actually been cool if they didn't predictably put Kylo in his place.

Such bad writing. Ugh.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Worst movie ever. Fuck you Disney

BG Level

God damnit, I wanted to walk away from these threads, but I can't.

To add on another complaint, how the fuck did the Resistance not gain a lot of new members and support, after the Republic's capitol was destroyed? It's not like StarKiller Base wasn't destroyed and everyone is still living in fear of it? The writing of this script is embarrassingly bad. There was no character development, newly introduced characters were awful, the comedy was unnecessary and not even funny, it felt as if the Star Wars "galaxy" was incredibly small. and the absolute best part it had going for it was Snoke who literally died less than TEN MINUTES after Rey landed on his ship, LOL.

Rian Johnson can fuck himself. No wonder Mark Hamill complained about his character.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

That's another complaint I have. The entire conflict of a galaxy was confined to this white Ford bronco chase. Made everything feel ridiculously small. As if this "war" was amongst a few hundred people at best.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Heard a bunch of people complaining how it wasn't really a Star Wars movie. Ep 7 was too much of the same shit. This one isn't like it enough. Always gotta bitch about something.

I liked it overall even though I got spoiled on Luke and Snoke's death. I've wanted to see Kylo continue to fall down the dark path instead of being redeemed and I'm happy with that.

Also lol @ the guy who said above the prequels will be seen as better.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

All in all this movie was basically a theory killer on a whole lot of topics and I'm loling at people being mad at that.