+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I do not understand people being mad about Rey's origins.

Spoiler: show
    IT'S GOOD that she's nobody's daughter, or granddaughter or whatever the fuck people thought going in. She's a new character, she's her own story. Honestly after 30 years are you guys not sick of everybody being related to everybody?

Also spoiler tags in a spoiler thread are dumb but I'm not trying to get banned.
    I don't mind that her parents were nobody at all. I completely agree with you on the aspect of her being a new character instead of some random jedi bloodline. My beef is the fact that so much of the movie was the focus of learning who her parents were. They could've established that fact while she was having her bad acid trip and moved it right the fuck along. Not pretend like it was going to be this huge plot reveal until the very end.

And why are people saying "Kylo lied to her about her parents?" Rey was the first one to respond with who they were after the throne room fight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was an OK movie. It felt more like a few good scenes stitched together loosely.
    Spoiler: show
    The Resistance having a handful of ships was off. I get that the First Order was the dominant force, but... Come on.
    Leia's Force pull, after being in the vacuum of space for several minutes was beyond silly.
    The scene where Luke milked the beast, then drank it, made me think to Meet the Parents, where Ben Stiller says "yea. You can milk anything with nipples." I might Photoshop a pic of this scene, with Lukes face on Stillers body, with Snoke asking "I have nipples, Luke. Can you milk me?"
    I liked old Yodas interaction with Luke. Mirrored his snarkiness from Dagobah.
    I would have liked it if when Kylo was turning the Lightsaber, that they wouldn't have shown it actually turning, but just Kylos hand rotating, then the blue glow and Snokes face.
    The Red Guard was badass. Jumping to the aid of Snoke the second there was danger.
    I'm wondering what happened to all of the other Jedi that went with Kylo. I assume they became the Knights of Ren, but where are they?
    It looks like Disney squashed the idea of making Poe and Finn a thing. Finn and Rose may be a thing (which was a better beginning love story than Anakon/Padma), and Poe and Rey seemed like something was minutely there, even though Poe seems to be REALLY attached to BB-8, like a little TOO attached.
    Part of me thinks Rey knows who her parents are, an was able to make up a false memory, to throw off Snoke and Kylo.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I don’t care at all that her parents aren’t (for now) someone important (they will be in 9). There are a laundry list of other reasons that made this movie awful.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Another problem, Audience laughed way too much.

Some jokes are OK, but still

The scene where Luke throws the lightsaber away, the audience LAUGHED way too much. It wasn't even funny.

The part where chewbaka tried to eat his chicken with the kind of hamsters, reminded me too much of

And everyone went AWWWWWWW

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hate porgs.

I'm also having to order a porg keychain for my GF.

Life is hard.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I don't mind that her parents were nobody at all. I completely agree with you on the aspect of her being a new character instead of some random jedi bloodline. My beef is the fact that so much of the movie was the focus of learning who her parents were. They could've established that fact while she was having her bad acid trip and moved it right the fuck along. Not pretend like it was going to be this huge plot reveal until the very end.

And why are people saying "Kylo lied to her about her parents?" Rey was the first one to respond with who they were after the throne room fight.
    While Rey being an orphan was definitely a factor in the movie I didn't feel like her parents identities were a focus at all until Kylo's line in the elevator.

BG Level

As far as the humor, someone hit it spot on when they said this was a marvel movie with a Star Wars skin slapped on it.

BG Level

As far as the humor, someone hit it spot on when they said this was a marvel movie with a Star Wars skin slapped on it.
    I was expecting Mickey Mouse to appear at one point

Mickey Mouse is already a jedi so it probably would have been the best part of the movie.

BG Level

Honestly, can anyone please explain to me, why Luke is always getting considered as the best Jedi? He fucking did nothing in Episode 4-5-6

I mean, in 5 he went reckless and got his hand cut
    In 6 he ignore Yoda Training and honestly HAD 0 chances against Vader. The reason they won is that Vader change his idea when he saw his son getting rekted by the emperor.

I love Hammil, but I keep thinking that Luke is Overrated

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Honestly, can anyone please explain to me, why Luke is always getting considered as the best Jedi? He fucking did nothing in Episode 4-5-6

I mean, in 5 he went reckless and got his hand cut
    In 6 he ignore Yoda Training and honestly HAD 0 chances against Vader. The reason they won is that Vader change his idea when he saw his son getting rekted by the emperor.

I love Hammil, but I keep thinking that Luke is Overrated
    Replace best with only.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Replace best with only.
    No i know that, I didn't explain much, but if you talk Luke with most fans, they all go like Luke is the best Jedi every made in SW universe

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That's because of the expanded universe. He is basically Goku.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    That's because of the expanded universe. He is basically Goku.
    I guess it'S true since my SW knowledge is limited to the movies

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Luke's probably the weakest Jedi "Master" shown in the canon universe. Literally every master in....the prequels...has better feats than him.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yep.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Another problem, Audience laughed way too much.
    Every Star Wars movie has been like this.

People standing up and cheering at the opening logos, and generally being loud as fuck.

Happened with the prequel trilogy, and has been holding true for the new ones.

BG Level

The stupid opening summary scrolling by got a standing ovation in my theater. Like really? Sit the fuck down holy shit.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No one made a sound during the whole movie in my theater I guess, but I guess I can attribute that to going to a very out of the way theater in the furthest suburb from the city. Place wasn't even half full. Glorious leather recliners all to ourselves.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The focus wasn't really who her parents were, the focus how was she wanted them to turn out to be some kind of answer to what her "place in all this" was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast