+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-...ms-1202222161/

They're making a new Star Trek movie, directed by fucking Quentin Tarantino and it's going to be rated R.

What the actual fuck 2017?

holy fuck lmao...

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck it why not

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why even take the Star Trek name through the mud here? For fucks sake if you want a hard R space movie make one but it spits on the face and idea of the entire GD franchise (you know, before Gene died and they began shitting all over it).

It won't even be a Star Trek movie at that point aside from branding, and its not like the Star Trek brand is on fire right now anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You know whats on my mind right now Jim? It ain't the earl grey tea. Its the dead klingon in my garage. When you came pulling into my docking bay, did you see the dead klingon storage sign? No? CUZ IT AIN'T FUCKING THERE!!!

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

WHAT DOES JAMES T KIRK LOOK LIKE?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

SAY LIVE LONG AND PROSPER AGAIN

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Hope y'all are real curious about what Klingon feet look like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

But can they wiggle their big toe?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Why even take the Star Trek name through the mud here? For fucks sake if you want a hard R space movie make one but it spits on the face and idea of the entire GD franchise (you know, before Gene died and they began shitting all over it).

It won't even be a Star Trek movie at that point aside from branding, and its not like the Star Trek brand is on fire right now anyway.
    So basically it'll be Star Trek Discovery, in theatres.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Most of the best Trek(later TNG and DS9) happened after Rodenberry died. As for whatever Tarantino makes not "being Star Trek." how could he do any worse in that regard than every TNG movie after Generations?

Also, if we can pause the memes for a second, here's what Tarantino said in 2015 about doing a Trek movie:

I actually think [a film] could be cool, because the old episodes are fantastic. The only thing that limited them was their '60s budget and eight-day shooting schedule. You could take some of the great Star Trek episodes and easily expand them to 90 minutes or more and really do some amazing, amazing stuff. The obvious one would be 'City on the Edge of Forever.' That's what everyone would go do, but there's a reason everyone would go do that—it's one of the classic stories of all time, one of the great time travel stories.
    Idk why he would need an R-rating for that, but turning a series script into a feature-length screenplay sounds like a good idea for a "Star Trek" movie to me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

No. Just no. As much as I love Tarantino. He´s just not the right guy for a "real" Star Trek movie. Also FUCK the god damn Kirk era and everything before or during TNG/DS9/Voyager as far as remakes/soft reboots/spin offs go. If Trek has to be dug up from its grave and milked for the next 40 years like Star Wars then please at least move fucking forward in the timeline. Also also rated R. Sigh. The darker, more serious episodes of Trek (aka Dominion War for example) didn´t need to be rated R to be amazing. R has no place whatsoever in Star Trek. This is going to be exactly the same bullshit as Discovery except with an even more bloated budget and an R rating. Rodenberry would roll over in his grave a million times. It´s like none of these people have ever watched a Star Trek episode. All they see is a franchise with a huge following ready to be milked.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/star...tin-tarantino/

Patrick Stewart was asked about the news, Stewart says he is a huge fan of Tarantino and would love to work with him, and would absolutely reprise Jean-Luc Picard for this movie if asked.

MAKE IT SO MOTHA FUCKA

Huh. Never thought we'd see Tarantino doing a movie based off an IP like this...

I do agree with Virg with the idea that if they're going to do something, it'd be nice to move along the timeline for a change.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/star...tin-tarantino/

Patrick Stewart was asked about the news, Stewart says he is a huge fan of Tarantino and would love to work with him, and would absolutely reprise Jean-Luc Picard for this movie if asked.

MAKE IT SO MOTHA FUCKA
    Please god please

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Most of the best Trek(later TNG and DS9) happened after Rodenberry died. As for whatever Tarantino makes not "being Star Trek." how could he do any worse in that regard than every TNG movie after Generations?
    Ignoring the entirely subjective part. The TNG movies were abortions, all of them beginning to end, why would you want to risk a repeat with more graphic violence/nudity.

If I can be blunt my fear is not that this will be a complete failure, more this would catch on and do fantastically, no part of me wants an R rated Star Trek becoming the norm or what the new era "wants". Less STD, more Orville. I have no ways of putting this into context for you though.

I don't doubt Tarantino would make a good movie, but I still stand by my statement. A hard R wouldn't even be Star Trek anymore, not to me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First Contact is fucking awesome. If you wanna shit talk the other TNG movies go ahead, but leave First Contact out of this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    First Contact is fucking awesome. If you wanna shit talk the other TNG movies go ahead, but leave First Contact out of this.
    Its the best of the 4 but that's not saying a whole lot when you consider their competition. Though Picard in First Contact may as well have been written by someone whos never watched a Star Trek episode.

(Edit: I can "enjoy" the Star Trek TNG movies the same way I can enjoy the Mario Brothers live action movie, take from that what you will)

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ignoring the entirely subjective part. The TNG movies were abortions, all of them beginning to end, why would you want to risk a repeat with more graphic violence/nudity.

If I can be blunt my fear is not that this will be a complete failure, more this would catch on and do fantastically, no part of me wants an R rated Star Trek becoming the norm or what the new era "wants". Less STD, more Orville. I have no ways of putting this into context for you though.

I don't doubt Tarantino would make a good movie, but I still stand by my statement. A hard R wouldn't even be Star Trek anymore, not to me.
    Sorry, I guess I didn't make my point clearly enough.

Discovery has made very clear that the Trek franchise as we grew up with it, is dead. The poor writing of Enterprise and Voyager poisoned it and the Abrams movies killed it. The only thing that could bring it back would be the success of a show like The Orville or a big name like Tarantino making a faithful movie adaptation. Now, is that what Tarantino intends to do? I have no idea(though the quote I posted gives me some hope) but regardless, he can't do any more damage.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm not a Star Trek fangirl so I can't wait to see what this is gonna turn out like.