+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

YUHYUHHH US Steam just updated says unlock in approximately 4 hours, assume 9 PDT 12 EST

hyyyyyyyypppee

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh shit dope, more than enough time for a power nap and snack run. See you on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    YUHYUHHH US Steam just updated says unlock in approximately 4 hours, assume 9 PDT 12 EST

hyyyyyyyypppee
    oh shit I was sitting here being miserable cause it wasn't gonna unlock till 8 am tomorrow morning but we in business now.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    So I don't play souls games. I can't git gud. I would play them but the aspect of things respawning after I die to get through them again or having to skip things isn't fun or interesting to me. I played a little of DS1/2 maybe an hour or two each. I played blood borne to just past the first real boss and thinking back I should have kept that game and given it more of a chance cause nowadays I want to try it again.

But I watched over an hour of this video and this really interests me. They mention it's a different play style and souls vets may be punished and it's a good pick up for someone new to these types of games, but they stop short of mentioning if it's harder than other souls games or if it's the hardest until his real review is up. I'm so torn on what to do for this, I only buy cross platform games for PC and if I suck or can't get into it I'm boned.

Thanks for the YouTube link, I'll have to follow up with these guys to find out more.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've heard some of the bigger Souls people like Vaati and ENB say it's harder than Souls, but they also attributed a lot of it to the gameplay being so different so it's hard to say if it's just them getting used to the game or if it is actually harder.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC/PS4/XB1) - March 22, 2019

As long as there’s seemingly no stupid as fuck stamina system I’m all in. The exploration, level designs, and settings in Bloodborne were top fucking notch, but god damn I can’t stand that clunky ass turn-based battle system.

BG Level

no stamina bar this time round mijo we gucci

also Steam unlock down to 3 hours think it's releasing at 8 PDT because of daylight savings

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I've heard some of the bigger Souls people like Vaati and ENB say it's harder than Souls, but they also attributed a lot of it to the gameplay being so different so it's hard to say if it's just them getting used to the game or if it is actually harder.
    I saw the same from people who got early ps4 physical copies.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just picked up my copy, getting home to install it!!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i'm torn on the combat. on one hand it makes for nice swordplay when you aren't stealthing to 1 shot everything, but a lot of fights are way longer than needed with slow posture breaks.

the lower the enemy life, the faster their posture breaks, which makes sense, but the first half of every elite fight seems kind of pointless until you chip away enough health to really start applying posture damage.

will agree that most of this is just adapting to new system, may enjoy it more as i continue to play.

Any word on how this is looking on PC? Souls have generally not been great on PC so wondering if this is still the case or if I need to wait for some mods.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Any word on how this is looking on PC? Souls have generally not been great on PC so wondering if this is still the case or if I need to wait for some mods.
    I thought DS3 was actually a decent looking game at higher resolutions. I didn't mod it at all either. So for me, if it's around the same graphics wise I'll be pleased.

Regardless of how good this game gets reviewed I just can't justify it at the moment. I'll have to live vicariously thru you all here.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love that this game has more of a Tenchu feel than a Soulsborne feel. So far it’s fun as hell, combat is satisfying, and learning how to counter enemies and dodging their bullshit in a rock-paper-scissors type scenario feels great (hop on their sweep attacks, dodge their verticals, parry others)

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

can someone buy the pc version please and tell me if the frame pacing is trash thanks

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I love that this game has more of a Tenchu feel than a Soulsborne feel. So far it’s fun as hell, combat is satisfying, and learning how to counter enemies and dodging their bullshit in a rock-paper-scissors type scenario feels great (hop on their sweep attacks, dodge their verticals, parry others)
    Sounds like I might have to pick this up after all. Fucking loved Tenchu games.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm gonna be grinding through it today. Played an hour of it last night and it's definitely Tenchu Souls so far. It's gonna be fun.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I also love the freedom of movement, definitely out of the souls shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I thought DS3 was actually a decent looking game at higher resolutions. I didn't mod it at all either. So for me, if it's around the same graphics wise I'll be pleased.

Regardless of how good this game gets reviewed I just can't justify it at the moment. I'll have to live vicariously thru you all here.
    I meant more in terms of performance, generally I think it'll look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    can someone buy the pc version please and tell me if the frame pacing is trash thanks
    This x2.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Weird, why is this a thing regarding the pc version? I don’t have it yet, but like all my souls games, i’ll eventually get it. But doesn’t it use the bloodborne/ds3 engine? It should run perfect on pc if so.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

@Xno

Did you beat the base game of Bloodborne? Just curious as it sounds like you possibly stopped playing because of the combat? I understand in a way what you are saying. I looked at BB combat more like a dance because of how I play Souls games. I rarely parried. It was more dodge stepping and attacking when I could. If you put BB down and ever wanted to pick it back up, I'd be more than happy to co-op, something I never did in that one.

Speaking of co-op, slightly disappointed there isn't any here. On the other hand, nice to just roll around instead of getting constantly invaded (I suck at pvp!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast