Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20,104
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Make sure to use shantotoo II when fighting those pink birds for extra fun

  2. #22
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,359
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Make sure to use shantotoo II when fighting those pink birds for extra fun
    My boo goes everywhere I go. 2017 XI? More like 07. IDGAF about that +542STR on that iLvl999 body piece. White box BlueBerk bitches. Don't have it? Probably think Byrnie is the shit. Probably put merits into Dex. Still salty Drg never gets invited. Go solo a Goblin's Beetle.

  3. #23
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,602
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My boo goes everywhere I go. 2017 XI? More like 07. IDGAF about that +542STR on that iLvl999 body piece. White box BlueBerk bitches. Don't have it? Probably think Byrnie is the shit. Probably put merits into Dex. Still salty Drg never gets invited. Go solo a Goblin's Beetle.
    To be fair, I've been in parties with 6 DRG/RDM and we stomped colibri just as fast, if not faster than double BRD ridill WAR parties. Since 2 DRGs could duo a VT colibri, it would be 6 DRGs pulling every Colibri they saw, and Drakesbane>Penta Thrust was a decent Skillchain. Two bards and 1 RDM simply didn't increase the 3 WAR/MNK/NIN DPS over 6 well-equipped Dragoons, plus the damage from the 6 Wyverns (which was pretty high on a VT target). Pretty much never ran out of MP due to Healing Breath pwnage with Wyrm Armet. Things just melted. But granted it wasn't easy to get 6 DRGs with Wyrm Armets/breath sets and Drakesbane unlocked.

  4. #24
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,359
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    1

    Parse results or GTFO. Bet you were using those in game macros too. Probably TP'd in STR rings.

    Spoiler: show
    Do not take me seriously

  5. #25
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20,104
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Psh everyone knows sam was the best polearm user

  6. #26
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,029
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    They should have put Treasure Hunter II on the THF hands so they could go above TH8 cap.

  7. #27
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,666
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Psh everyone knows sam was the best polearm user
    62 sam, back when no one was doing big numbers
    Spoiler: show


    Shit felt gooood.

  8. #28
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    231
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Fuck this update. Lost my King Arthro ToD.
    Laughed way harder at this than I probably should have.

  9. #29
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,359
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    Laughed way harder at this than I probably should have.
    Velo belt is no laughing matter fam. People dropped out of college and divorced over claims and lotting rights.

    Fucking Xolotl didn't even drop Bandos today. Gonna skullfuck that fucker real good later.

  10. #30
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20,104
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    62 sam, back when no one was doing big numbers
    Spoiler: show


    Shit felt gooood.
    Psh I was doing 1.5k dancing edges. Get rekt... just as a thf I like never got parties for some reason despite everyone xping off of piercing weak mobs

  11. #31
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,359
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Psh I was doing 1.5k dancing edges. Get rekt... just as a thf I like never got parties for some reason despite everyone xping off of piercing weak mobs
    I went through that too until I did get a party and when they saw 1k+ DE we static'd until low 70s. Puks were pretty bad ass to exp on too.

  12. #32
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20,104
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The best part was when our healer went afk for an hour and I decided to make him still useful as a sata partner lol

  13. #33
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,359
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The best part was when our healer went afk for an hour and I decided to make him still useful as a sata partner lol
    Used to love doing that to randoms. They'd get so pissed. One of my LS mates and I leveled together a bit during the late 60s on the red crawlers in Mount Z. He'd go Whm/Nin and I'd use him and the tank. Had so much fun doing off the wall stuff like that.

  14. #34
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20,104
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    My party loved it. Guy came back unable to understand why the mob wouldn't leave him. Fucker don't leech xp then

  15. #35
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,602
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Used to love doing that to randoms. They'd get so pissed. One of my LS mates and I leveled together a bit during the late 60s on the red crawlers in Mount Z. He'd go Whm/Nin and I'd use him and the tank. Had so much fun doing off the wall stuff like that.
    Fuck those Crawlers and their 75% HP Incinerate that would one shot you.

  16. #36

    lern2barfire noob

  17. #37
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    833
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I'd duo with a thf friend when I was rdm and he's TA onto me, then run around for an SA ws. This was pre-enmity nerf so I could just cast blind/sleep 1 for some extra enmity to help him out if he needed it. But he had Mandau so his TA usually did the trick on its own.

    Also, wasn't the Incinerate damage based on the mobs remaining hp similar to other breath attacks? I didn't know barfira actually helped. We would just open fights with ws to bring them out of the danger zone.

  18. #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    I'd duo with a thf friend when I was rdm and he's TA onto me, then run around for an SA ws. This was pre-enmity nerf so I could just cast blind/sleep 1 for some extra enmity to help him out if he needed it. But he had Mandau so his TA usually did the trick on its own.

    Also, wasn't the Incinerate damage based on the mobs remaining hp similar to other breath attacks? I didn't know barfira actually helped. We would just open fights with ws to bring them out of the danger zone.
    It's a fire-based breath attack so you can still resist it with enough fire resistance/magic evasion

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. February 2017 Version Update
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2017-03-02, 13:36
  2. December 2016 Version Update - Omen Edition
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 2017-02-03, 21:21
  3. January 2017 Version Update
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2017-01-15, 03:49
  4. December 2015 Version Update - Discussion & Findings
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 2015-12-15, 09:03