1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have to say that Iroha not showing up at all in this storyline is disappointing. Why keep her around in Eorzea if you're not gonna use her for something? Maybe she will, I don't know, but at least you get her orchestrion roll lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

She only appeared in Eorzea because of the dimensional shenanigans that brought her here. (afaik she disappeared in the ffxi storyline and then later on came back?)

You know who's XIV incarnation while appearing exactly the same as his XI incarnation is still 100% from Othard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    She only appeared in Eorzea because of the dimensional shenanigans that brought her here. (afaik she disappeared in the ffxi storyline and then later on came back?)

You know who's XIV incarnation while appearing exactly the same as his XI incarnation is still 100% from Othard.
    But she's still in Eorzea... she couldn't go back and decided to travel the land (even dropping the "I'll teach you my techniques someday" line). I know she's not related to "him" in this world but it'd still be a nice touch regardless. Not sure where she'd fit in the XI storyline though, I think she mentioned having something to do still? So I suppose she managed to return offscreen if that's the case.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blegh I thought she poofed away back to Vana'diel and didn't just roam away.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    But she's still in Eorzea... she couldn't go back and decided to travel the land (even dropping the "I'll teach you my techniques someday" line). I know she's not related to "him" in this world but it'd still be a nice touch regardless. Not sure where she'd fit in the XI storyline though, I think she mentioned having something to do still? So I suppose she managed to return offscreen if that's the case.
    it's implied/speculated that the period where Iroha disappears in RoV is the same period that she is present in Eorzea. it's definitely not toward the end of RoV since she is not yet fused with Phoenix when we see her in XIV.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The quest isn't done yet, we still have a lot of questline to go so she could possibly show up.
    also
    Spoiler: show

I think it's possible that we will fight a trial version of Genbu in the future rather than just the dungeon boss version since it's said that he's "barely" holding on while all the other beast gods are at their limit already. Genbu could be the last one we face (besides Koryu) instead of the first one like in XI lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I have to say that Iroha not showing up at all in this storyline is disappointing. Why keep her around in Eorzea if you're not gonna use her for something? Maybe she will, I don't know, but at least you get her orchestrion roll lol.
    She showed up as a music scroll at the end for completing the quest.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

am I the only one who needed a guide to figure out what the actual fuck was going on with Kefka's teleport move?

everything else was p simple but I did not realize it was actually two separate yet nearly identical moves and that's why I kept getting blown off the edge >.>

1. Go to the empty spot where Kefka is not at
    2. Kefka shows up, move to his flank
    3. If he casts something, move to his front

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I know that now, obvs. I meant when it first happened. I had to look up a guide because I could not figure out for the life of me why I kept dying lol.

Once I found out it was two moves, it made sense

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure what's so hard about that. One move is instant, the other has a casting bar :/ On top of that Aero is a move he uses before he starts tricking you with Teleport so you should've seen it already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or if you're a mage or melee just pop surecast/arm's length every time you see the teleport.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Not sure what's so hard about that. One move is instant, the other has a casting bar :/ On top of that Aero is a move he uses before he starts tricking you with Teleport so you should've seen it already.
    I'm just commenting on how tricky Kefka is. it's not a hard mechanic, just one you don't really expect. he gets you used to one form of the teleport attack, then throws out another one that, if you use the same response, will instakill you

just trying to make conversation mang

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just followed my group when I did it and didn't die at all but it felt like there was no tension at all lol. O7 was way harder...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

O8 is hard if you have no idea of the mechanics going in. I watched Arthas run it live at launch and was able to basically drag my co-healer away from death at least 3 times.

O7 just sucked because of shockwave lmao.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I honestly didn't have a problem with any of the mechanics of the casual raid or savage raid thus far... I honestly feel that this entire tier is just boring :/ Nothing interesting really is happening in these fights that feels difficult.. OS8 has one somewhat difficult mechanic and that's the incurable mechanics everything else is just imo mind numbingly easy, it's honestly no wonder groups downed this fight in less than 24hrs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I don't mind the low mechanical difficulty so much, what I hate is the Creator-levels of damage tuning. It's week one, you shouldn't be able to do shit like surviving unmitigated Shears, Missiles, Magitek Rays, Thunder III, Bliz III, etc. That sort of stuff is fine near max ilevel but we're nowhere near there yet.

Given how easy the i350 gear is to obtain and how i360 gear is given out on a weekly basis for logging on, I really don't understand why they tuned so many skills around what seem to be i330-i340 values.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I really don't understand why they tuned so many skills around what seem to be i330-i340 values.
    So they can boast higher clear numbers to their higher-ups when late-comers in full welfare i370 are able to clear it. That's all I can think of really.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also, they are likely saving the really hard fight for the next Ultimate fight presumably in Patch 4.3.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

LOL I just unlocked sigma savage... that cutscene is adorable. just adorable.

"mmmm relaxing music... wait, who wrote this piece? ...FUCK"