1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hope you like tomestones because we're getting TOMESTONES OF MENDACITY (Read: Untruthfulness).

Weird

Anyway Verity will be converted to Creation (Probably a 4:1 ratio)

Poetics will forever be poetics.

Lore and Scripture (You know those Heavensward tomestones) are getting erased so convert them soon.

Nobody saw this coming right?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They must be really afraid to run SQL queries on their servers to just do the currency conversion for us during maintenance after all these years.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They must be really afraid to run SQL queries on their servers to just do the currency conversion for us during maintenance after all these years.
    The game's code is terrible, as much as people want to blame 1.0 coding (as they can no longer blame "PS3 limitations") that would honestly kill this game at this point lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, carby mount is nice, but fuck that price

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

24 USD for an in-game item. What?!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I bought it because yolo

But this is the only digital stuff I will buy. Because I live on this game so it ends up being fairly worthwhile for me. I will probably ride that damn carbuncle longer than I ride in the car per week.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Seems pretty standard since the Moogle Mount and Odin mount cost about that much.

My wife is def getting this.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If i come into some money I'll buy it. But for now I'm content with my white ADS mount; can't get red one anymore, frontlines roulette queue don't pop anymore lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Not even the most expensive thing: the moogle mount is $30. Mog Station items have always been a scam to dupe people out of even more undeserved $$$, nothing new here. I do think it's hilarious that the carbuncle clothes sets are fucking $18 each, thats unbelievable to me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah clothes are way too expensive and the only set I've bought so far is Edda's because the sale was going on at the time and I was already spending a stupid amount of money (and of that set I honestly only use the hands piece right now in a glam...)
    I REALLY want the Eastern Ladies' attire or whatever the new purple one is but I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Someday. I wish clothing sets were account-wide, I would be more inclined to buy them.

I think the carby set is pretty ugly though so at least I won't be tempted there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Clothes not being account wide really blows. But the fact that there's not a section in the armoury for cash shop items really makes me madder.

Wife already dropped the money on the carbuncle stuff like expected. I might get the outfit, still deciding tho.

Can't wait for the glamour update so I can free up a retainer.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We’ll be making adjustments to the main scenario dungeons, so that new players can enjoy them without worrying. It may extend the duration of the dungeon; however, we have increased the rewards as well.
    I'm a new player to FFXIV and this damn near caused me to quit the game. The fact that it has taken them what, four fucking years to fix this shows me that SE really is the most retarded company out there. Even Guild Wars 2 handled cutscenes better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

lol. just watch them make the cutscenes mandatory for everyone to watch. cause how else are they gonna do it? no one is going to queue for that shit anymore even if the reward is good. it'd take too much time out of a person's day. those dungeons are long as shit even with pulling wall to wall, skipping half the packs and missing all the cutscenes.

I mean, I wish there were a way for newbies to get the full Praetorium experience without missing entire areas of the dungeon (and subsequently, their cutscenes) just so mentors who want poetics can run through faster, but...the way the story is set up, I really don't see an alternative.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    lol. just watch them make the cutscenes mandatory for everyone to watch.
    I'm sending an assassin after you if this turns out to be true

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I get the feeling they'll be doing an across-the-board change to dungeons where a boss trigger won't spawn until every party member is out of its paired cutscene. Because really, the big problem is you can 'miss' a cutscene if one is triggered while you're already in one, and there's a couple spots in the MSQ-roulette dungeons where that's possible.

There's too much CS shit in CM/PR for them to just do it all in-dungeon which would be a more logical 'fix' that forces all to wait without any possible bickering at people who are reading the dialog.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unlink the MSQ from the roulette version of the quest, retune the dungeons/fights as solo experiences (like a majority of the story shti added since 2.0), keep the current ones as roulette dungeons and maybe strip the cutscenes from them.

And I don't want to hear "BUT THAT COSTS MONEY/TIME", either. These fucks pull in millions of dollars a month, they can afford to retune some monster stats.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the most logical fix would've been turning them into solo instances

they could even be incredibly lazy about it: just give the player echo+1000% and/or brilliant conviction, and call it a fucking day. the one and only fight that would need adjustments for newbie solo players is Livia p1

the saddest thing is I feel like this would've taken far less effort than whatever "force all players to watch cutscenes" fix they must be implementing instead

an even cooler solution would've been prioritizing the implementation of CM/Prae for GC squadrons instead of bullshit dungeons like Halatali and Braylox, and then giving new players a temporary maxed out squadron when they zone into CM/Prae via MSQ (since it's unlikely they'd have squads unlocked/leveled by that point)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You may be into something there. It's been my observation that they usually throw a feature out to test it before fully integrating it. Duty action randomly showing up in A11 ahead of Stormblood, challenge log can be considered the test brd of wondrous tails, and other more directly combat related adjustments like universally understood aoe markers that I can't be assed to place.

Point being. Squadron is probably a testbed for solo instances with allies. I don't remember the status of the scions circa CM Prae in terms of physical location but if any are "available" you could have them fuck about with you. Cid is there for at least part of CM anyways. Ironically would have to rewatch cutscenes surrounding those dungeons to better make plot excuses.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The person Square would employ to handle that would probably throw Thancred in your party while you're fighting Lahabrea in Prae lol.