1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Still wondering how much money they've thrown at the housing problem in server hardware instead of just going back to the drawing board, mandating wards for active FCs only, and making personal houses its own solo instance that you can invite friends over to. FC Rooms/Apartments are sorry band-aids to the problem and only really serve as additional teleport locations (dem marketboard taxes) and extra furniture storage.
    The problem is changing the system would be more expensive than what they have right now. Especially considering how well the instancing system works under pressure after an expansion launch.

Eventually we'll hit a point where getting a small house isn't a rarity. Especially since there's a cap to the active userbase (And the fact that the initial price keeps story mode players out from buying a house).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Nah it's not about changing the system, it's about how much they've already sunk into this iteration of housing. So many players have houses right now if they changed the wards up a lot of players would be upset. Imagine being a player who tried to get a house since they were all filled and finally getting one in 4.0 only to have it compromised in some way by SE changing their system. Or being a player who had the foresight (and did the work for the gil) to buy up a bunch of houses while they were still available and put a shitton of time/gil/maybe rl money (mogstation furnishings) into decorating them only to be told "sorry you have to give up all but 2 of your houses".

Whatever they do with housing it's never going to be good for everyone so they're doing damage control with as minimal upset as possible. They have to consider every factor. Not just the server strain, not just the coding, not just the players who already have houses or players who don't have houses yet, but so many of these factors have added up that at this point they've backed themselves into a corner they can't get out of.

Eventually they might have to just take the backlash from the players in order to change the housing system entirely, but right now (when subs are at an all time high) is not that moment.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The least-infuriating way to "fix" housing without taking stuff away from people is to make entirely new housing that's vastly superior, to the point that no one really even wants the old housing anymore. Kind of like how when TAU came out and Whitegate instantly obsoleted Jeuno and the main cities.

I'm not smart enough to figure out how to execute that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Eventually we'll hit a point where getting a small house isn't a rarity. Especially since there's a cap to the active userbase (And the fact that the initial price keeps story mode players out from buying a house).
    I feel like the overabundance of small houses compared to the bigger ones is a problem in itself. Wish they'd let people build M houses in S plots (and L houses in M plots) at the cost of yard space and a lower outdoor furninishing cap.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    april, what? it's a week after the patch
    Actually new housing apparently opens an hour after the patch goes live.

Also, enjoy your recycled ARR relics, now with more craftable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Huh, okay then...guess someone mistranslated something in the live letter. Good to know.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

And wasn't it stated to be FC only at the start till the usual "observation"?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4541756

From how I understand it:
    - 1 hour after patch: FC can buy/relocate to any plot. Individual players can relocate to "plots not designated to FC housing".
    - "limited time" after patch: Individual players can buy "plots not designated to FC housing"
    - one week after patch: new plots/wards. Only FC can buy/relocate to any of these new plots. Individual players can relocate "plots not designated to FC housing" in these new wards
    - "limited time" after one week post patch: Individual players can buy "plots not designated to FC housing" in these new wards.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Also, enjoy your recycled ARR relics, now with more craftable.
    this pisses me off to no end. relics are ridiculously painful to get. offering recolors of them as craftable weapons, even years down the line, is a pretty big blow to people who spent the time and effort getting them.

yeah, yeah, it's only glamour. but that's kinda the point; the weapons themselves are useless now. glamour is all they're good for, and we all know the true endgame is Glamour Fantasy XIV. this is a bit of a bitch move imo and it's going to make me think twice about pursuing my next relic. I might get one anyway, but I'll definitely think twice before I take the plunge

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't understand what the problem with the weapons is. These aren't reskins of the real Zodiac weapons (Zeta) that glow; they are reskins of the unfinished NQ Zodiac weapons that don't glow. Why would anyone want a "relic weapon" that doesn't glow?

From a glam standpoint, I think there's a pretty massive difference between flashy Zodiac Zetas and busted non-glowing reskins.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    From how I understand it:
    - 1 hour after patch: FC can buy/relocate to any plot. Individual players can relocate to "plots not designated to FC housing".
    - "limited time" after patch: Individual players can buy "plots not designated to FC housing"
    - one week after patch: new plots/wards. Only FC can buy/relocate to any of these new plots. Individual players can relocate "plots not designated to FC housing" in these new wards
    - "limited time" after one week post patch: Individual players can buy "plots not designated to FC housing" in these new wards.
    In your scenario here, I don't see a difference between current status quo, 1 hour after patch, and 1 week after patch.

FCs can relocate to any plot now. So 1 hour after the patch, if there are no new wards, what has changed? If it's simply that individuals cannot buy vacant existing plots, what reason is there to wait until after the patch to implement that?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The problem with the weapons is that it smacks of laziness, SE would rather give everyone something that is normally very hard/time consuming to obtain (glow notwithstanding) than keep those things to the realm of exclusivity. In my mind, when you do a relic you're spending your time to get the whole thing, the weapon model and its accompanying glow. They should stay exclusive, they're relics! It's not like there's a shortage of possible weapons for the art team to create, I could even come up with something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, we've been on a downward spiral design-wise since 2.0 anyway, this is sadly not surprising.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The problem with the weapons is that it smacks of laziness, SE would rather give everyone something that is normally very hard/time consuming to obtain (glow notwithstanding) than keep those things to the realm of exclusivity.
    Throughout the entirety of 3.x, the difference between Alex normal gear and Alex savage gear - from a glam perspective - is that Alex savage was dyeable.

Reskinning three-year-old 2.x relics (sans glow) seems like less of a blow to exclusivity than that was, especially when you consider that there was no faceroll way to get coil glam in (most of) 2.x.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's ok, most raid gear is too ugly not to insta-glam anyway :D

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ it says a lot that I'm mostly using artifact armor, random event gear, and level 50/60 elemental weapons on all my glamours, lol. I literally cannot remember the last time I really liked the look of a tome/dungeon/raid gear set. maybe Void Ark...?

although I will say that the SCH book Ethica is gorgeous, I like that one. I think it's the only relatively current weapon I use for glamour

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I tend to like expert roulette gear. I saved Bogatyr's hands/legs/feet, the full Wrangler set, and the aiming body/legs from Drowned City.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I love the Yafaemi (sp) gear from Weeping City and I liked the World of Darkness gear. Those are the only two 24mans that had gear I like so far.
    Some of the coil gear and a couple of the Midas pieces are nice but overall don't really like any of the raid gear.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, the 24-man gear is generally trash glam. It pretty much peaked at LotA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Yeah, the 24-man gear is generally trash glam. It pretty much peaked at LotA.
    Syrcus brd hat disagrees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast