1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

While they're at it, if they fixed Levelling Roulette rewards for maxed players I"m sure the queue problems would be fixed somewhat (nevermind the boredom induced by being neutered to 2 abilities if Satasha). 5 fucking currency of the patch is a joke.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

They should just add a NPC at the end of the dungeon that allows you to watch any cut scene that you skipped before exiting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I bet they're just gonna add ilv 60 level sync and call it done

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I always feel like I have to skip the boss cutscene the first time I run dungeons because otherwise the tank will pull and I could get locked out. Happened once before. Should just keep the arena locked until people are out of cutscenes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I always feel like I have to skip the boss cutscene the first time I run dungeons because otherwise the tank will pull and I could get locked out. Happened once before. Should just keep the arena locked until people are out of cutscenes.
    I'd rather the tank just pay attention; if somebody pulls while I'm in a cutscene, they'd better either not need me, or suck it up and do it without me.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    lol. just watch them make the cutscenes mandatory for everyone to watch. cause how else are they gonna do it? no one is going to queue for that shit anymore even if the reward is good.
    If people are doing it for the rewards (and really, there is no other reason to) then this isn't necessarily true.

Everyone has a price. If waiting for all the cutscenes makes the dungeon take (say) three times as long, why wouldn't tripling the reward solve the problem?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If people are doing it for the rewards (and really, there is no other reason to) then this isn't necessarily true.

Everyone has a price. If waiting for all the cutscenes makes the dungeon take (say) three times as long, why wouldn't tripling the reward solve the problem?
    Because there would be better alternatives to spam and get more than 360 tomes in the same amount of time, people run the Main Scenario roulette only because they can rush through it. They should just turn the whole thing into a solo instance and have the final boss gauntlet as a separate trial (Gaius>Ultima>Ultima>Lahabrea). Maybe Livia as well.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Because there would be better alternatives to spam and get more than 360 tomes in the same amount of time, people run the Main Scenario roulette only because they can rush through it.
    If that were true, no one would do Main Scenario roulette now. Tomes/time is a ratio; if the ratio is currently worthwhile, increasing the time while maintaining the ratio means the practical value stays the same.

The exception to this would be if you're doing it for WT bonuses (because you only get 1 bonus no matter how long it takes), but that's not really what we are talking about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If that were true, no one would do Main Scenario roulette now. Tomes/time is a ratio; if the ratio is currently worthwhile, increasing the time while maintaining the ratio means the practical value stays the same.

The exception to this would be if you're doing it for WT bonuses (because you only get 1 bonus no matter how long it takes), but that's not really what we are talking about.
    Now you can skip cutscenes and run through without waiting. If they added measures to force cutscenes on everyone you have to wait for the slow readers/clickers meaning that there is no fixed time increase and no way for them to balance rewards properly. Oh and someone will abuse this shit to go afk during a cutscene, you can bet on that. Your ideal scenario of "tripled time=triple rewards" will never be a reality because the game doesn't work like that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Your ideal scenario of "tripled time=triple rewards" will never be a reality because the game doesn't work like that.
    SD is saying that the roulette could award 360 poetics instead of 120, if it took (on average) 3x as long. He's not saying it should scale based on how long you actually take, he's just saying if they make the duty take longer, they could bump the reward as well. That's easily something they could do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    SD is saying that the roulette could award 360 poetics instead of 120, if it took (on average) 3x as long. He's not saying it should scale based on how long you actually take, he's just saying if they make the duty take longer, they could bump the reward as well. That's easily something they could do.
    Yes but my point is that it'll never take 3x as long because it's a duty with a shit ton of people in it. It will take longer than that average 99% of the time and the reward won't be on par with the time taken anyway. These are instances with tons of cutscenes, forcing everyone to watch/wait will not result in more people running them even if the reward is increased. It'll just make the whole thing more annoying to run, that's it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    They already implemented part of the system. When you're in a cutscene or event battle you're surrounded by a barrier until the cutscene does its thing. They did something similar with 3.0 MSQ where you couldn't progress until everyone viewed the cutscene (or skipped it) I believe, so there's quite a few ways they can go about it but they need to add OTHER MSQ dungeons into the damn roulette already.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes but my point is that it'll never take 3x as long because it's a duty with a shit ton of people in it. It will take longer than that average 99% of the time and the reward won't be on par with the time taken anyway.
    Make it 750 poetics per DR:MS and the queues will be perpetually instant.

Like I said, everyone has a price. The question is simply, "At what price point will people accept forced cutscenes?"

No price seems worth unskippable cutscenes. I bet most people will try it out once, realise how fucking painful it is and never do it again regardless of rewards.

Probably only the most masochistic will be fine with it, so it might help?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The cutscenes don't have to be literally unskippable. The boss arena simply wouldn't open until everyone is out of the CS or [acceptable time limit to view CS] has passed.

But again, tomes/time is not an unsolvable riddle. If people are willing to do a net-10-minute DR:MS for 120 poetics today, a net-30-minute DR:MS that rewards 500 is a better deal. There is always a reward level that will generate sufficient interest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another cool mount you'll probably have to PvP for.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I see they reintroduced Touch of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    I see they reintroduced Touch of Death.
    hmm? source please