1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gaia is also all I'm saying

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RDM was announced at Fanfest. He made a big deal out of that hammer simply because they don't have any animations that go with it and the battle team will have to come up with something. That doesn't mean they're hiding a job, he even said that Gunbreaker and Dancer are the jobs for Shadowbringers during the presentation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dancer not being a healer is a kick in the nutz for me, although it does have cool weapons ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I didn't expect dancer to be a healer, but still feel for those that wanted one. I was pretty much expecting a melee brd/mch type job if they implemented it. Half right I suppose, gonna have plenty of bunny Xena running about.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

LOVED that they used this for the Dancer video

More FFIX is always always welcome

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One of the devs stresses if you haven’t done so, you should really do the Crystal Tower raid before Shadowbringers. It’s not required but will tie in to the lore heavily.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess there's still hope for a SCH overhaul if they finally ditch classes? Stormblood doesn't give me much confidence though... we'll probably see more dumbing down and more redundant skills for the new cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I imagine there will be a healing overhaul. Kind of didn't expect tanks to out number healers but now everything seems a little more balanced?

Going by what the devs have said with tanks we're now going to have 2 'Main Tanks' and 2 'Off Tanks' (Which to me is silly because there's no such thing as a MT or OT in raid just who's going to be blowing their cooldowns).

Healers are still in the same situation where we got 1 shield, one regen, and one that can choose which role.

And ranged DPS have as many choices as magic DPS which to me is kinda insane but ok you do you squeenix.

Like in a standard raid comp we're gonna be using 2 of 4 tank jobs, 2 of 3 healing jobs, 2 of 4 melee jobs, and 1 of 3 casting and ranged jobs.

I honestly wonder if they're going to turn MCH into the BLM of ranged jobs in 5.0

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First Shard = Final Fantasy Beta

Also few on reddit linkimg shadowed person to be Grah Tia from Crystal Tower Storyline hence the go play that push. We also invaded what was left of the 13th shard aka world of Darkness hence the possibility of crystal tower being related to crossing the shards.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Psyched for DNC and GUN. I guess my only complaint is Ronsos out of nowhere. Yugiri introduced Au Ra, Fran the Viera. No mention or NPC for Ronso. Just thrown in like whatever. I'll change to Viera anyway, so hopefully some ppl are happy for this. Story is gonna get wild it seems. Plus I love all the new areas so far. Stormblood had the most dull and unimaginative zones IMO. These all look great.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

bear in mind that HW and ShB are/will be high fantasy expansions. SB was very much a political drama. There’s going to be some relative blandness when you’re dealing with warfare amongst unremarkable civilizations vs dragons, lightsent, etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Stormblood had the most dull and unimaginative zones IMO. These all look great.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    The Azim Steppes carry a lot of fucking weight.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm hoping the PLL in a little while will tell us more about the upcoming battle changes and shit. Really need some good news to get my hype meter to refill. I'm not expecting anything outside of class rebalance and TP being removed but I would like to hear something along the lines of "The healer role will be getting particularly special attention" or something. Idk what I want really. just something.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Same. I don't care so much about genderlocked races but the lack of a new healer seriously killed my hype.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess I'll be seeing a lot of "Adventurer in need: (Healer)".

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

what are you guys looking for in healer changes? I'm no healer main, but I dabble occasionally and aside from the obvious WHM issues it seems like the role with the least issues

looking for more active healing? Less OGCD focus?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

really though, I understand that it's not happening, but GEO really seems like a lost opportunity. The last thing we need is for the elemental damage wheel to be reinvented again, which is why GEO as a DPS was always a meh priority for me in regard to this game, but I think it would be an excellent healer angle. We've covered holy-type healing, strategic/runic healing, cosmic/time-based healing-- shamanistic healing would have really served to round things out. Fortify with earth magic, enhance with wind, heal with water

oh well

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    what are you guys looking for in healer changes? I'm no healer main, but I dabble occasionally and aside from the obvious WHM issues it seems like the role with the least issues

looking for more active healing? Less OGCD focus?
    I'm speaking more on behalf of my GF who is a diehard healer main than myself here, but it's more about freshness. AST SCH and WHM have been more or less the exact same for the last 4 years, and now we'll be going into a 5th and 6th year of that. So with any luck they'll do something like remodel WHM (easily the most straightforward and boring of the 3 healing jobs atm) to add some spice and a feeling of Febreeze freshness if you're pickin up what I'm puttin down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'm speaking more on behalf of my GF who is a diehard healer main than myself here, but it's more about freshness. AST SCH and WHM have been more or less the exact same for the last 4 years, and now we'll be going into a 5th and 6th year of that. So with any luck they'll do something like remodel WHM (easily the most straightforward and boring of the 3 healing jobs atm) to add some spice and a feeling of Febreeze freshness if you're pickin up what I'm puttin down.
    I'm sure they will. They did the same with all the healers in SB and HW. I honestly love the number of oGCD tools WHM has to heal now.