1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you beta believe it

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The AF set looks so bad.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My opinion: Capped at 50 so they don't relive XI and all 75 BLUs within first week had 3 spells cuz they blitzed to level cap.

Will most likely go up to 70 by expansion launch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The AF set looks so bad.
    It's the level 50 set, there will be two more at least (three with 5.0). RDM and SAM's lvl 50 sets looked awful in comparison but they were meant to be entry level gear as those start at 50.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hopefully they at least work it into the story, like you're helping found a new school of magic and developing it over time or some shit

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The AF set looks so bad.
    definitely would have preferred XI's middle eastern style, but the only aspect I hate is the stupid pirate hat. I'll stan for tuxedo mask BLU

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    My opinion: Capped at 50 so they don't relive XI and all 75 BLUs within first week had 3 spells cuz they blitzed to level cap.

Will most likely go up to 70 by expansion launch.
    Slides said it'll go up through 5.x patches. So unless things change between 4.5 and 5.0, we're looking at a maplestory style part time job lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If they plan to release 10 levels of content for each major patch, probably be lv.60 at 5.0 launch, will be useful by 5.2.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Slides said it'll go up through 5.x patches. So unless things change between 4.5 and 5.0, we're looking at a maplestory style part time job lol.
    Oh damn didn't see that. Still, standing by my reasoning for the cap but the beta /testing aspect makes a lot of sense too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gonna remain conservative and say if they're going for a classic BLU arsenal style which is wholly incompatible with serious battle content, this is going to remain squadron-style nonsense forever

lest we forget, squadrons "go up" over time too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Need to take it to 50 first anyway. Here I thought we're past the horrible early levels ^^;. But I guess we have POTD for that now

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a have to wait on the live letter and possibly EU thing, but everything announced thus far is a lot of fluff that doesn't affect the aspects of the game I play the most, which is the combat engine. All they mentioned on that front is Trusts (repurposed GC squadron AI, likely), TP being phased out (indifferent on but it'll require them to adjust the few classes that used MP+TP in their rotation), and the expected skill pruning which hopefully won't make some jobs more boring to play in the earlier levels.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you spend your time in the game, and a change of scenery (new housing location) or glamour (race/gear) generally isn't enough for me to want to log on once I get my weeklies out of the way. A lot of that still probably boils down to lack of overall content variety that's worth a damn, and how there's not much incentive to help others out since anything that's not Alliance or Maps, will gimp your drops if someone with their clear for the week tags along.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am guessing its lv50 cause they aren't even close to being finished with it but they wanted to release it anyway for hype reasons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Need to take it to 50 first anyway. Here I thought we're past the horrible early levels ^^;. But I guess we have POTD for that now
    BLU may be locked out of PotD due to how it works, we don't know yet.

Thank god it's capped. I've managed to stay away for so long, and BLU was the one thing that could draw me back in. Although it basically means there's a countdown until I DO resub. FUCK.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Its going to be like everyone running around doing fates in ARR areas if the job does start at level 1 and it looks like it does. So you will get like people who get to 50 and have no spells because they just fate grinded the whole time. Either that or palace of the dead but I forget what is the min level for palace.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PotD is for 51+, a 50 capped job won't be able to get in there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Supposedly they won't be raising the level cap to 80 until near the end of Shadowbringers... "gradually raising the level cap in 5.x"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yoshi probably scared of XI BLU situation being "too good/fun" lol. Just an interesting choice to literally lock out a job from end-game content. If this wasn't "Final Fantasy" no one would stand for that/defend that type of content addition lol. Like.."Here's a job people love from the series..but you can't play it in any relevant content ever "

Even if it bumps up to 70 at 5.0, no one is going to be doing Alpha..because new raid tier which requires level 80 cap.

Thus rip BLU still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast