1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Supposedly they won't be raising the level cap to 80 until near the end of Shadowbringers... "gradually raising the level cap in 5.x"
    If they raise the cap by 10 each patch it'll be endgame ready by 5.2 which is the second raid tier, it's not the end of the world. We're getting two other jobs in 5.0 and those are probably releasing at 80 right away.
    I really don't see the issue with this approach, would you guys prefer a watered down BLU over something that's potentially true to its name and legacy?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    If they raise the cap by 10 each patch it'll be endgame ready by 5.2 which is the second raid tier, it's not the end of the world. We're getting two other jobs in 5.0 and those are probably releasing at 80 right away.
    I really don't see the issue with this approach, would you guys prefer a watered down BLU over something that's potentially true to its name and legacy?
    Personally? I'd have been fine with it not being included at all because I knew there would be some stipulation to introducing it into XIV. The problem is, it's a brand new job..that can't participate in end-game content till almost a year out. There will be maybe 2 other jobs, but what if they don't interest some? What if Blue mage was the one job they really wanted to play? Think of it in regards to your job. What if they choose to lock your jobs you like to play at 70 so it can't participate until about a year after the expansion launches? You'd either move to a job you don't like as much or care to play..or you wouldn't play at all..no?

With BLU you literally have no choice but to play something else if you want to actually you know, experience content. Think of the new players (if there's no story/content lock on getting blu in 4.5) that won't be able to experience damn near anything because all they can queue for is content no one does regularly/at all outside of roulette placement/one time WT clears. I'm personally not bothered by it other than the "Wtf are they seriously thinking" aspect. Tomorrow if they say anything other than: "It just wasn't ready" it won't make any sense to do this. Yes it can be harder to balance a wild card but the fact they're going the extra length to create instances specifically for blue mage says things are a bit more convoluted than it needed to be. Given you can learn primal skills, it makes sense because you won't be the target of the primal (if your tank(s) don't suck) but there's pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of monsters of all levels in all areas of the game you can learn from..that uses all of their signature abilities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Personally? I'd have been fine with it not being included at all because I knew there would be some stipulation to introducing it into XIV. The problem is, it's a brand new job..that can't participate in end-game content till almost a year out. There will be maybe 2 other jobs, but what if they don't interest some? What if Blue mage was the one job they really wanted to play? Think of it in regards to your job. What if they choose to lock your jobs you like to play at 70 so it can't participate until about a year after the expansion launches? You'd either move to a job you don't like as much or care to play..or you wouldn't play at all..no?

With BLU you literally have no choice but to play something else if you want to actually you know, experience content. Think of the new players (if there's no story/content lock on getting blu in 4.5) that won't be able to experience damn near anything because all they can queue for is content no one does regularly/at all outside of roulette placement/one time WT clears. I'm personally not bothered by it other than the "Wtf are they seriously thinking" aspect. Tomorrow if they say anything other than: "It just wasn't ready" it won't make any sense to do this. Yes it can be harder to balance a wild card but the fact they're going the extra length to create instances specifically for blue mage says things are a bit more convoluted than it needed to be. Given you can learn primal skills, it makes sense because you won't be the target of the primal (if your tank(s) don't suck) but there's pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of monsters of all levels in all areas of the game you can learn from..that uses all of their signature abilities.
    The monsters in the open world barely get to act before they even get one ability off... which is usually not their signature skill at lower levels. This is an instanced game so it makes sense to create content specifically for that purpose, it's a streamlined way to lead players into situations where they'll get the spells. And that's before even getting to Primals or other bosses that require a party to tackle.
    They also said BLU gets a lot of skills so they'll have to choose among them making the job a bit more complex than the rest (something I thought we all wanted?), I'm willing to wait a couple patches if that means getting the real thing and not a BLU wannabe.
    At the expansion's release we're gonna have like 17 jobs to pick from, you're telling me people won't find any of the other options interesting at all? Also this is releasing in 4.5 (and it's not a starter job so I'm not sure what new players have to do with it) and the endgame content is done until 5.0, what endgame content do you wanna tackle with it exactly? Omega is over, there's no Ultimate on the horizon and the job is only gonna miss out on tier 1 of whatever raid we're getting next (and this is an assumption). It's really not that big of a deal.
    And "XI did it" isn't really a good point to make, XI also did Puppetmaster which was a complete disaster for years.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

XI did Drg. XI put Chr and Mnd on drg's fucking relic armor. I don't want to hear anything about XI being some bastion of good ideas.

Every game gets some shit right, and other shit wrong. XIV will be no different. I'm happy they're trying something new. Try it, refine it and turn it into something great.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Implying it wont be 5 lvls per update

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I assume it will be 50 at 4.5, and they'll keep an eye on the builds we use pre-expansion. When 5.0 rolls around, they'll " re-balance" the job, and raise cap to 80. May~be 5.1 if they have some trouble, but still within the first raid tier.

Also, I'm on the fence about trusts. If they use the squadron AI, they are gonna be as dumb as rocks.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So... if they're not raising the level cap off the bat, are we not going to get a shit-ton of story stuff like we usually do in expansions? Can we basically expect the same amount of story content from a .X patch? >_>

At this point that's the biggest draw for me in getting the expansion is just going through the story.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Also, I'm on the fence about trusts. If they use the squadron AI, they are gonna be as dumb as rocks.
    Don't crush my AI death squad dreams, Tacos. Just let me have this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe engage spam will work again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    So... if they're not raising the level cap off the bat, are we not going to get a shit-ton of story stuff like we usually do in expansions? Can we basically expect the same amount of story content from a .X patch? >_>

At this point that's the biggest draw for me in getting the expansion is just going through the story.
    They are raising the level cap to 80 normally. BLU is the exception here

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Thank god it's capped. I've managed to stay away for so long, and BLU was the one thing that could draw me back in. Although it basically means there's a countdown until I DO resub. FUCK.
    Yeah but when you ding 50 on it, you're gonna just unsub anyway. I think it wont be such a waste of your time if you just.. wait til it finally has 80 cap. Unless of course you don't intend to play longer than 3 months.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hello everyone, been some time.

I was for a moment hyped. Today not anymore.

Same stuff as with every new expansion. Basically everything stays the same. 7-10 new dungeons, amazing looking new areas, that you pretty much will never visit much again after you are done with main stories. Primals and another 4 circle boss raids. Wohoo. I am NOT hyped at all anymore, because no spectacular NEW and good changes will happen. I dont trust FFXIV numbers of success (14 million players is not equal 14 million people registered to play since 2.0, with maybe 2 real million players or so). I mean look at it, people create their own empty Free Companies, pretty much many FC are empty or became so, thats a bad direction imo.

Trust system is leading into even less communication between players and the need to play together.
    1. From all my friends and FFXI linkshell people with 2.0 over 95% quit by now. Over 50% quit before 3.0. All those dedicated friends were just so pissed with the FFXIV-System that they chose to quit. It just wasn´t fun to play.
    2. I unsubbed this year March, which noone thought will ever happen.
    3. I played over 10 years FFXI and would have continued doing so if FFXIV would have not been new and therefor great between 2.0 and maybe 2.5. We switched to FFXIV with around 40 FF XI-players and stayed together for around 2 patches till our group started falling apart with realizing how the gear system works. We were only for 2 weeks able to to the 18 man raid content together.
      Our people enjoyed working their ass off for a good piece of gear with low drop rate, as a reward for playing much. Compared to being back to 0 every few months. Seriously, who loves that? I know noone that is behind that quick loss of success.

I wish you all fun with world hopping for bullshit purposes, switching race to Viera (a 5 minute to maybe 2 hour thing) and 1 Month fun exploring beautifull areas and more.

I hope you unterstand my negative opinion regarding the development / direction of FF14. Every patch is just so predicting and nothing ground breaking has happened for me. (hell Eureka was nothing more then another „Fatespamlikestuff“).

Why do we need that short and piss small content, expected to play for hours a day instead of good and exciting long raid contents.

Lets recap:
    • Multiple new jobs - saw that comming, nothing ground breaking.
    • A new level cap - saw that comming, nothing ground breaking.
    • Battle system maintenance - saw that comming as with 4.0, because "hotbars are full" and we are retarded players that need it as easy as possible.
      Hell I can remember playing another final fantasy online game as whitemage with 40+ things to do and was just fine (depending on the situation).
    • Sprawling new areas! - of course, they will be sprawling for a short time, because you will never have to go there again for xp or fun purposes.
    • New beast tribes & new tribes - as every patch new main version....
    • Thrilling new dungeons - yay.... will be exciting for 1-2 months and then you pretty much never have a reason to go there again too (except 1-2 times levelling new jobs or old jobs to new level cap)
    • "challenging" new high-end raids - another 4 circle or square boss raids? Awesome version news.
    • Exciting new alliance raids - haha yeah.. exciting for maybe doing them 2-3 times and dragging absolute unmotivated people through it just to wipe at a boss because of a few helpless souls.
    • Endgame content for crafter and co - might be more successfull as some other stuff but not interesting for me.
    • Trust System - So if a game is really successfull, you could expect that in an online game, people should have a reason to play together. Why and how will a Trust-System improve building communities? I consider this the wrong direction.
    • New Game + - Just interesting because there is for many players nothing else to do imo. For me it is not interesting at all.
    • World Visit - They mentioned several times that people please move servers when they are currently on a congested server not able to do main story quests etc. Seriously? It might be nice, but in my case only 6-7 people I would care about still play with half of them switching in the data center, with the reorganisation of the data centers, I might still never be able to visit them at all.
    • New playable race - 2 years too late. Friends who always wanted to play them, play other games already by now and won´t return for that for sure.
    • Blue Mage - While I understand a bit why they cap it at 50 till 5.0, I do think it is nessessary to raise it to 80 with 5.0.
      There wont be so much new content comming where BLU could learn spells from with 5.x patches. If at all new actions might be nice and should just improve the job a little bit as it does for other jobs via gear.

Gear-progression in FFXIV my ass and out,
    I will continue waiting for FFXI Mobile ;-P

your Bercus (Berijin)

PS:
    I really miss systems like Dynamis (did that for many years....), Einherjar, Abyssea (system was great, did that for maybe 3 years with the same people over and over again), Escha, High Tier Raids, Limbus, Sea, Sky.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    make FFXIV like XI! your hype is invalid.
    Here's the thing. All of these changes you want, which basically everyone wants, are not as easy as you think to implement with their current team. SE is known for pulling people from project to project, which restricts what the XIV team can do. Yoshi and crew still manage to push out content at a pretty good pace. They work with what they have. If they had a team like Blizzard has dedicated to WoW, then I'd be fully behind you. They don't, and if the current system doesn't excite you, then the game isn't for you. Simple. You've already moved on, anyway.

The MSQ is still on point, IMO. They still manage to spice up (slowly) the boss fights every now and then, and little things like us playing as the Scions in the MSQ are fun. I personally feel like this game isn't meant to engulf our lives the way FFXI did. That's a plus for me as I don't have the free time I did then, and there's so many other great games for me to play when XIV slows down.

TLDR: They're doing what they can with the small team they have. Your criticisms aren't wrong, but the game just isn't for you. Blame SE.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I also think the restricted progression of BLU is a good idea. Patch hits, level BLU to cap. Then switch to main and do all the new stuff. Hell, maybe even level the other two new jobs to do the new stuff. Keeps people interested post patch longer and subbed. Makes sense from a business standpoint. Everyone won't do that, of course. I just feel like this is the mindset they have with this idea.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Not saying make FFXIV like FFXI, but make something new, long lasting, ending
    in people communicating and not dragging the community on a server further apart with
    Trust and World Visit. Eureka # 1 was a good start but seriously nothing more then
    a Fate Spam with bad gear reward.
    New and exciting new content has not been announced for ME.

I expect currently a maximum of 500.000 - 1.000.000 players.
    Maybe less. Servers are according to friends not that full atm.
    Finding dedicated replacements for static members is according
    to friends harder then ever. For me a reason to think about
    making something new.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Here's the thing. All of these changes you want, which basically everyone wants, are not as easy as you think to implement with their current team. SE is known for pulling people from project to project, which restricts what the XIV team can do. Yoshi and crew still manage to push out content at a pretty good pace. They work with what they have. If they had a team like Blizzard has dedicated to WoW, then I'd be fully behind you. They don't, and if the current system doesn't excite you, then the game isn't for you. Simple. You've already moved on, anyway.

The MSQ is still on point, IMO. They still manage to spice up (slowly) the boss fights every now and then, and little things like us playing as the Scions in the MSQ are fun. I personally feel like this game isn't meant to engulf our lives the way FFXI did. That's a plus for me as I don't have the free time I did then, and there's so many other great games for me to play when XIV slows down.

TLDR: They're doing what they can with the small team they have. Your criticisms aren't wrong, but the game just isn't for you. Blame SE.
    I agree to many points and cant come up with a solution too,
    except a new Final Fantasy Online Game that combines systems
    that benefit long and short time effort.

PS: FFXI had a smaller team then FFXIV and pushed out
    good new content too.

Sky > Sea > new Dynamis, etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level

„ I personally feel like this game isn't meant to engulf our lives the way FFXI did. That's a plus for me as I don't have the free time I did then, and there's so many other great games for me to play when XIV slows down. “

I think FFXIV is worse. For the none elite players raiding endgame, you had to invest constant learning time.
    It took for me more free time then in other games, where I was easier replaceable and it was easier
    to recover from mistakes or recover at all.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Even if XI's team was small, the genre was a LOT different back then as well. It was still the wild west for MMOs, and they didn't have the streamlined system they do today. XI took WAY more play time. Keeping your EXP capped w/merit parties, weapon skill up PTs for HNMs, HNM camping in general, LS runs for bomb queen rings, optical hats, farming spawn items for sky gods/Kirin, plus Dynamis? There's no comparison. It was a fun ride, though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

To me 5.0 looks like 3.0 and 4.0, nothing really new comming / announced.
    Maybe more information from next two Fan Festivals.

Yoshi P once said people want MMOs like FFXIV is now. I am curious to who
    those people are.

Regarding more time needed to invest in FFXI. Merits were optional, you could but didn’t have to
    do them, except maybe for your main job. However your improved status
    stayed for that invested time. Here you have to restart over and over.
    Kings/HNMs were also optional but flawed, I did not agree with that system
    either. Many things were flawed in XI, but I do prefer when a game
    tries to invent new type of content. i had a lot of successful people in FFXI
    that didn’t play much but also didn’t need elite gear to perform outstanding.

Another example:
    End-Game raid with your group of 8 people. Someone has to leave or can’t make it.
    Many people I know are screwed then or have a hard time making progress.
    Not everyone is into picking up randoms, also many people don’t want to invest the time
    needed. I prefer content that you can do with 6-20 people and it doesn’t matter
    if people leave mid run or join mid run.

I do hope something like this will make it to FF XIV or into another Final Fantasy Online generation.

The server population thing is a mystery to me. I see no reason why SE would be adding new data centers if the population is reduced. However I do feel like I don't see as many people online as before and the only place where the game feels alive is in Eureka. It doesn't help that the game doesn't really have any FC restricted content and everyone is isolated in their 8 person static.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast