1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

RIP Blue Mage. 11.16.2018 - 11.17.2018

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Lmfao

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

As much as people still want to shit on XI, the fact the game wasn't the pinnacle of balance and still made interesting jobs work (BLU/GEO for example) and content could still kick your ass if you fuck up or under prepare. Yoshi is just all for keeping the "accessibility" and "bare minimum" on balance.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

The fact they said more limited jobs are possible brought a new sense of dread. Will your rumored, favorite job from FF be limited?! Guess we'll see!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I expect Rune Fencer and Geomancer to be limited jobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The examples they've given, Beast Tamer or PUP I can understand, but what in your opinion makes RUN or GEO so problematic to make them limited?

As for Blue - being limited out of end game or even roulettes sucks, so I hope at least masked carnivale is somewhat interesting content

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what's all this data center stuff? They are realigning servers?

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

told yall not to get excited about them increasing the BLU level cap over time. They should have just given us BLU themed job that worked within the combat system and called it a day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BLU has a pulse for about 5 minutes. From it's announcement to lv50 cap.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'd say it had a chance until they said you could only do overworld content and you're stuck to leveling in fates and not designed for group content of any sort.

It's pathetic honestly, they could introduce a magic accuracy and magic evasion stat unique to blue magic to make stupidly powerful spells be ineffective against boss targets or Lv.?? enemies. His fear is someone with Lv.5 death walks up to Omega M/F and just 1 shots them as an example.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Or just flags that prevent spells like that from working on anything classed as a boss/nm, or anything higher level than you (beyond blu specific content they were meant to be used in), exactly like the useless doom spells blu had in ffxi.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The op spells sound just like a silly excuse, I think what Yoshi is more afraid of are the delicate crybabies would be harassed when they queued for stuff without proper spells

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say it had a chance until they said you could only do overworld content and you're stuck to leveling in fates and not designed for group content of any sort.

It's pathetic honestly, they could introduce a magic accuracy and magic evasion stat unique to blue magic to make stupidly powerful spells be ineffective against boss targets or Lv.?? enemies. His fear is someone with Lv.5 death walks up to Omega M/F and just 1 shots them as an example.
    I understand the disappointment, I am too, but let's not go overboard. BLU can join any instance as long as they enter with premade parties. It's not locked out of content, it's locked out of random matchmaking.
    It's literally an old school experience. They specifically crossed out Deep Dungeons (and even then it's capped at 50, PotD is 50+) but everything else is fair game according to the slides, as long as you make your own party.
    The spell excuse is indeed silly though, no doubt.
    I'll enjoy BLU for what it is and hopefully they'll change their mind eventually and find a way to make it work in Raids without sacrificing the solo aspect of it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

„any instance“...
    In the slides it says that further duties exist where it will be locked out.
    So chance is there you cant use it where fun is starting.
    Speculation will end when we know more more in some weeks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, probably Coil and/or 24 man raids. We know for sure dungeons and Primals (Extremes included) are available.

Old Merits
    BG Level

We don’t know for sure that currently up to date Primals will be possible.
    I don’t care about Ifrit Extreme.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    We don’t know for sure that currently up to date Primals will be possible.
    I don’t care about Ifrit Extreme.
    It's capped at 50 so the current Primals won't be available obviously. We also know for a fact that Ifrit, Garuda and Shiva are accessible which means every other ARR Primal also is (Shiva was the last they released).

Old Merits
    BG Level

I know but you didn’t get the point. What fun will a BLU have, when he can for a long time not join current Primals? Best option: Make it 80 with 5.0 and let him learn new 1-2 spells every patch. Imagine 60 with 5.0, 70 with 5.2, 80 with 5.4, you would
    have isolated BLU from basically everything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

This is why I used the example I used yesterday about flip the script to what if a job you play, right now, gets locked out of level 80 content, would you still have fun? Would you still play the job even though it will be numerous patches before you can experience the relevant content?

I understand his fear because he hates FFXI so of course he didn't look at how Blue Mage was 'balanced' in XI (A lot of shit didn't work on hard content enemies/reduced effectiveness) but the funny thing is..Reddit and OF are defending it by saying "Why introduce these fun spells if they won't work or will be reduced in effectiveness?"

In the end, as said, cutting through the PR talk he's just not wanting to create content that's hard enough to take into consideration you may have a blue mage that can utilize shit that might paralyze an enemy. Like you know..make Omega M/F resistant to death...or something extremely simple to do....

His other example was "What if I ask if you have this skill and you don't have it?"

Get the fuck out of the party, go learn the fucking spell then come back and play the content.

So it sounds like it's a mix of "We don't want player exclusion (which he said since 2013)" and "Blue mage is overpowered so we don't want to make content harder." Maybe I'm just different and don't see the appeal of being locked down to shittier and less fun PSO2 style Extreme Quests and 2013 content for a new, iconic job in the series.

While we're living in 2019 and 2020, you'll be living in 2013-2015 lol. If you have friends and other server blue mages wanting to queue for nearly half a decade old content, more power to you..but I'm sure more sensible people were wanting to play Blue in Shadowbringers content..or finishing up Alphascape content if they didn't start savage yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast