1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

All I have to say is good luck getting people to do lv.50 content synced. The mechanics are not fun to deal with especially moogles and ramuh ex. No one in their right mind would be happy lowering themselves from 70 to 50 and losing all the fun abilities they have.

The most likely scenario is that you will get people to go ij unsynced, you will die and once the mechanic happens that you need to see they will kill it and then repeate. Its pony farming all over again if its learn rate is 5~10%

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'd be suprised how many people do ARR content synced just to actually experience it. Not to say its a rare thing but I've defensively seen it enough times to be peeved when doing wondrous tales and ranted to myself that these people should probably try clearing the raid than ilv synced phoenix.

Sucks BLU is just gonna be some single player job that has no impact on the game besides some side shit. Hopefully the response changes their tune in time for 5.0 or 5.x series.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hopefully the response causes them to abandon this whole direction and give us a RDM-style BLU, in the sense that the job is mechanically unrecognizable from its predecessor but thematically close enough to make fans of the job happy. Learn your spells like everyone else via quests in the style of "acquiring them" from that quest's target enemy; have no more available spells than anyone else has spells/abilities(abandon "set" spells); and give the handful of spells you end up learning some kind of symbiosis that forms a rotation like every other job

Anything less and we end up with their current plan which, I'm sorry, but everyone is delusional to think will ever function in any expansion's current content. They're getting you excited about adventuring squadrons right now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Trusts are only good because I can get people to think of this game as a Single Player FF experience (Which, for a majority of it to most people, it is.)

I do wish they would've tied ability learning to leveling. Would've been a cool way to gate BLU mage from entering high end content and ensure BLUs are level cap had a full ability set but alas what we get is a job who's only purpose is to challenge 3 different wave defense duties.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Hopefully the response causes them to abandon this whole direction and give us a RDM-style BLU, in the sense that the job is mechanically unrecognizable from its predecessor but thematically close enough to make fans of the job happy. Learn your spells like everyone else via quests in the style of "acquiring them" from that quest's target enemy; have no more available spells than anyone else has spells/abilities(abandon "set" spells); and give the handful of spells you end up learning some kind of symbiosis that forms a rotation like every other job

Anything less and we end up with their current plan which, I'm sorry, but everyone is delusional to think will ever function in any expansion's current content. They're getting you excited about adventuring squadrons right now
    If they take that route then remove the job entirely. Blue Mage without the spell learning process is not Blue Mage to begin with, I don't want that at all. If anything leave the solo experience as is and make a watered down "moveset" for Raids.
    We need more job variety in this game not less.
    Learning spells as BLU in XI was the most fun I've had with that game and I want to experience that all over again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You're not getting more job variety in this game. They have a structure, they're sticking to it, and BLU doesn't fit there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BLU is a new experience, something other jobs don't offer at all. You're basically asking them to remove said uniqueness to make it blend in with the rest....
    So yes, BLU is bringing more variety in the job space but at the cost of not being usable in raids. Make a raid moveset for them and leave the solo experience as is if you really want to but don't turn Blue Mage into a generic spellcaster that learns magic through quests.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the caveat you're looking for is "not being usable in anything relevant". Explain to me how what you're looking for will ever function in XIV's combat system

- stun locking does not exist
    - elemental weakness exploitation does not exist
    - support functionality does not exist
    - role flexibility does not exist
    - AoE burning does not exist

XI's combat system was enjoyably bonkers and the job you played does not and will not translate to a modern MMO's

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not looking for XI's BLU but I want the true job experience like in every single FF game (learn spells from monsters, customize your hotbar with the huge variety you get to choose from, that sort of thing). You want the devs to remove that unique part of an iconic job in order to have another copy/pasted mage job for Raids. See where the issue is now?
    That's like asking them to remove summons from Summoner because they're "too big" (and yes, people asked for this when Bahamut came out in SB). Fucking insane logic.
    It's the same exact issue I had with Astrologian back in HW, the job at launch was pointless because it wasn't anything new in the healer spectrum... just a combo of WHM and SCH but weaker. It's better now but visuals alone are not enough when you have 15+ jobs available. What's the point in adding new jobs if they're just reskinned versions of old ones? Thankfully job gauges brought some diversity in gameplay but healers got kinda shafted there as well... hopefully Dancer is actually unique and they managed to make it different from the other three.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FFXI still has free login for a couple more days if you guys wanna relive the BLU glory days just sayin

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Talking about Dancer - I wonder if it will have it's own branch of gear. I can't imagine it dancing in all those healer robes, lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm not looking for XI's BLU but I want the true job experience like in every single FF game (learn spells from monsters, customize your hotbar with the huge variety you get to choose from, that sort of thing). You want the devs to remove that unique part of an iconic job in order to have another copy/pasted mage job for Raids. See where the issue is now?
    That's like asking them to remove summons from Summoner because they're "too big" (and yes, people asked for this when Bahamut came out in SB). Fucking insane logic.
    It's the same exact issue I had with Astrologian back in HW, the job at launch was pointless because it wasn't anything new in the healer spectrum... just a combo of WHM and SCH but weaker. It's better now but visuals alone are not enough when you have 15+ jobs available. What's the point in adding new jobs if they're just reskinned versions of old ones? Thankfully job gauges brought some diversity in gameplay but healers got kinda shafted there as well... hopefully Dancer is actually unique and they managed to make it different from the other three.
    No it's not? lol. That's a lore issue, not a mechanical one. Every job in this game is always going to be a reskin of another job with a different theme to it for fan service. I don't know how else to explain to you why that's never going to change, and why BLU will not be an exception while simultaneously functioning in any relevant content

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No it's not? lol. That's a lore issue, not a mechanical one. Every job in this game is always going to be a reskin of another job with a different theme to it for fan service. I don't know how else to explain to you why that's never going to change, and why BLU will not be an exception while simultaneously functioning in any relevant content
    You're completely missing the point here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Then break it down for me, because I don't feel lost in the slightest

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then break it down for me, because I don't feel lost in the slightest
    It's simple: your suggestion to make BLU "viable" is the worst possible thing that could happen to the job. If I have to choose between this solo version and the generic mage for raids I'll always pick the current plan and enjoy it for what it is. I don't care about raids enough to ruin a job's identity and the raiders conveniently forget that they are a minority of the playerbase. Removing a job's uniqueness to appeal to the 10% (or less?) of the overall players isn't a good tradeoff.
    And I'm completely fine with Ultimates despite not playing that content, I don't see why raiders can't concede something to the rest.
    If this means I'll get the FFV version of Beastmaster even better, let me go out and capture monsters Pokèmon style.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

10%... lmao. Reverse that figure if you're looking for the portion of the playerbase who would rather a watered down version that they can actually use outside of this BLU-specific arena and FATEs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Enjoy your watered down game then, god forbid they try to add something new and different every now and then. You guys better not be complaining about them releasing the same reskinned content with the exact same patterns in a few months when the expansion launches and the usual complaint cycle begins.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The op spells sound just like a silly excuse, I think what Yoshi is more afraid of are the delicate crybabies would be harassed when they queued for stuff without proper spells
    On the flipside, I'd be pissed having to waste more time kicking every blu that I get PFed with because they have 0 spells. It takes, what, 15 minutes in an instance before you can vote kick? Shit like that is why I really don't mind this too much. Any content I'm doing with a competent group (the hard stuff) I'm going in with a full party anyway, so I can still blu for EX primals and savage content. I just can't pug it.

The spot that's got me sore is no Blu in PVP. I understand the initial reason why, and I feel like that'll change over time as they work out the kinks of this system they're trying.

I look at this like a stepping stone. Its a Japanese company trying something new in hopes of adding onto the system later for other jobs. I view that as a win 100% of the time, because the alternative is releasing another blm that uses blue magic, fills the same role, and feels like a clone. At least this promotes somewhat of a different play experience. Its template for the future - for Bst and other jobs I want.

I'd rather them work out the kinks now and potentially bring in new systems down the road. I don't share the opinions of "its not perfect now so lolxiv". By that logic, XI's blu was trash tier out of the gate as well. The only spot it was viable in initially was PVP from busted shit like cocoon's 50% defense and broken ranged spells like disseverment and frenetic rip. It took YEARS for blu to become end-game viable (the only shit that people actually cared about, regardless of what their nostalgia tells them).

I'm willing to give SE a chance to work on this new system. At least it -IS- a new system in a game that is narratively great, but mechanically stagnant.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BLU has the PvP Limit Break for casters according to the datamine, it's probably happening down the line. PvP has a completely different skillset anyway, don't see why they can't make it happen eventually.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Enjoy your watered down game then, god forbid they try to add something new and different every now and then. You guys better not be complaining about them releasing the same reskinned content with the exact same patterns in a few months when the expansion launches and the usual complaint cycle begins.
    What I want =/= what I know we're getting

It is a watered down game, and it will be the same reskinned content. You're playing the wrong game if you're looking for something other than that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast