+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Challenge 31: Vendettas     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Jesus Christ at that elimination! Was kind of sad to see it end because of a brain fart, nonetheless Derrick is always a fucking beast.

GATTACA!

BG Level

What a fucking lame ass gimmick. Just let the people compete against each other.

Kam got screwed having to go against Tori instead of fucking "legend" (gtfo) Aneesa

Been a good season to this point but fuck that elimination. Your gimmicks always suck ass MTV. No one would have complained about a regular elimination. Man they did my dude Joss wrong.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BG Level

This season is terrible. It started with such promise with the new faces actually seeming a good addition, but that seems to really have been finished when Melissa left the house. Now we have Troikas stacking the competitions to assign the next Troika over and over and over. I'm just pretty disappointed overall. I think Brad is the only person left that I somewhat like and then there's a handful of people that I don't mind, but most of these people have no standing there with the way this format is working.

The icing on the cake was thinking that the episode was 90 minutes. I walked out of the room about the 60 minute mark and I come back to see Bananas in the mtv studio.

Oh yeah, and Aneesa's confessional talking about the fire she has? Yay. I guess she'll probably be returning plenty.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Scores after Week Eight:

Valisk 320 3
    Vil 310 2
    Headspace 300 4
    Byrd 265 2
    Xno Kappa 265 3
    Moss 235 2
    UFA 120 1
    Top Scoring Contestants for the Week:

Kam 30
    Nelson 25
    Leroy 20
    Cara Maria 15
    Johnny Bananas 15
    Natalie 15
    Zach 15
    Top Scoring Contestants for the Season:

Britni 135 VIL GAME
    Nicole Z 130 VALISK GAME
    Brad 125 VIL GAME
    Melissa 120 BYRD HOME
    Cara Maria 100 XNO GAME
    Johnny Bananas 100 MOSS GAME
    Kyle 100 VALISK GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    What a fucking lame ass gimmick. Just let the people compete against each other. Kam got screwed having to go against Tori instead of fucking "legend" (gtfo) Aneesa
    Honestly, it didn't bother me. It was even for all four contestants, a coin flip for each. I was fine with it. Joss would have wiped the floor with Shane, and I think Kam would have similarly owned Veronica. Let's give them all a chance to stay ... or go. And Kam may have gotten the tougher assignment, but she still won. So good for her. So it was bad luck for Joss, but probably what would have logically happened for the other three.

For fantasy purposes, Veronica was technically DQ'ed due to injury and did not lose. So ... Vil actually gets to pick up the one remaining UFA as a replacement (Jemmye). I understand that may not be practically what happened, but as per what was shown on TV, it was technically the situation, and since that's all we have to go off of, that's my ruling.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

None of my players are in the top scorers but I have a numbers advantage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Scores after Week Eight:

Valisk3203
    Vil3102
    Headspace3004
    Byrd2652
    Xno Kappa2653
    Moss2352
    UFA1201
    Top Scoring Contestants for the Week:

Kam30
    Nelson25
    Leroy20
    Cara Maria15
    Johnny Bananas15
    Natalie15
    Zach15
    Top Scoring Contestants for the Season:

Britni135VILGAME
    Nicole Z130VALISKGAME
    Brad125VILGAME
    Melissa120BYRDHOME
    Cara Maria100XNOGAME
    Johnny Bananas100MOSSGAME
    Kyle100VALISKGAME

Honestly, it didn't bother me. It was even for all four contestants, a coin flip for each. I was fine with it. Joss would have wiped the floor with Shane, and I think Kam would have similarly owned Veronica. Let's give them all a chance to stay ... or go. And Kam may have gotten the tougher assignment, but she still won. So good for her. So it was bad luck for Joss, but probably what would have logically happened for the other three.

For fantasy purposes, Veronica was technically DQ'ed due to injury and did not lose. So ... Vil actually gets to pick up the one remaining UFA as a replacement (Jemmye). I understand that may not be practically what happened, but as per what was shown on TV, it was technically the situation, and since that's all we have to go off of, that's my ruling.
    Shane got screwed too, they all did. It was more fair for the guys since Derrick and Jordan are both strong, but they should've been going against each other. MTV gets too obsessed with their "curveballs" sometimes.

Having a coin flip doesn't make it fair. The difference between Tori and Aneesa is not fair, lol.

It's nonsensical to create a game with clear rules (I.e. you're automatically in, face who gets voted in buy troika, etc) and then change them at the last second. Joss is one of the strongest competitors and he got bamboozled. Just think of how lucky all the other strong guys are that Joss is gone because he had to face Derrick instead of Shane.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I still like some of the new folks. The format started off promising but it’s kinda gone haywire from there.

Sucks about losing your bank if eliminated. Kinda silly actually that you only get your bank if you finish the final.

Kam made a smart move. Tying up the vote would have allowed the Troika decide and Cara Maria already instructed her team to pick Kam if given the chance.

Leroy’s real name must be Murphy because he’s the epitome of Murphy’s Law on these challenges. What wre the odds he and Kam hook up this season?

Also, I didn’t go back and read posts for 2 episodes ago, but got damn if Bananas isn’t the most clever man alive when it comes to this shit. He had his sister write the little notes before the challenge??? Dude has the forethought of a god. Props.

BG Level

I forgot about the personal bank accounts. Give them 50% of it or something, jeez. Now I don't feel as annoyed about some of them not having the steal money option with the grenade or that they weren't the same $ when it was an option. Last season, the pay breakdown was so skewed towards the winners, but at least at this point and going forward, I have to believe that taking money would probably be a waste of a grenade.

If that had been Joss vs Shane straight up, I wonder if Joss would have got Shane's bank or if that would have gone to the prize pool at the end. Kam and Leroy are the only ones without money at this point, so it shouldn't take too long to find this out.

BG Level

This is why Bananas makes it to the finals damn near every season. Everybody is always so damn chicken shit to put him in any kind of compromising situation whatsoever. Kayleigh is a fucking retard. This season had so much promise and has taken such a drastic damn nosedive.

BG Level

He even stands there calling them idiots. Not in a private conversation later. Not in a confessional. Right in front of them.

Kayleigh's not going to just do what Nelson does, because she wants to make money. Well, she's playing the long game, I guess. Make some money by hoping to get a chance at future appearance fees. Surprised they had Marie on the aftershow after TJ was calling her a quitter.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    He even stands there calling them idiots. Not in a private conversation later. Not in a confessional. Right in front of them.
    I think he was making fun of Devin doing the same thing and not actually directing it at him, because he was doing something similar in the house afterwards. Guessing it would have been more obvious if we'd had a camera on them at the time.

Standings after Week Nine:

Team Owner - Total Points - Active Players
    Valisk 360 3
    Headspace 355 4
    Vil 335 3
    Byrd 300 2
    Xno Kappa 275 2
    Moss 255 2
    UFA 105 0

Player Scores this week:
    Kailah 30
    Brad 15
    Kam 15
    Kyle 15
    Natalie 15
    Nicole Z 15
    Tony 15
    Zach 15
    Kayleigh 10
    Nelson 10

Player Scores this Season:
    Nicole Z 145 VALISK GAME
    Brad 140 VIL GAME
    Britni 140 VIL GAME
    Melissa 120 BYRD HOME
    Kyle 115 VALISK GAME

BG Level

That may be it. Tough to tell with him at this point. Go figure, even with the team set up like that, they still just send Devin in. Is there really a point to picking teams? If results went the other way, Brad goes in, and even if they let Devin on the troika (I think he scored the goal, right?), they'd probably just put two people in that would send Nelson in. If she used the 3rd option, then they would have stacked both teams to make sure it didn't matter. Can they stop airing confessionals from people being worried about the grenade when it won't affect them at all that round?

Disappointed in Tony this episode. I know I'm mixing things up since he referenced the later teams, but when Brad brought up that he assisted both goals, couldn't Tony have said "Nobody cares about John Paxson/BJ Armstrong"?

Season 32 is called "Final Reckoning".

GATTACA!

BG Level

Aside from the mercenary crap I've enjoyed the season and the new players. I think it's a good format to force people to ally and piss off each other.

Not keeping the bank is dumb as shit, as others have stated. It basically means nothing. If it did matter, you would see more people using the steal grenade. For example, Kailah could steal from the richest person, likely guaranteeing her some money, or pick teams to better her chances of survival and making the final. There would be more vendettas created that way. As it is now, players should always pick the boring (but smart) option of selecting the teams.

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    LET'S GO!

Holy shit. Tony is having like an all-time overachieving season. After that bullshit at the Inquisition "I'm going to be doing challenges for a while, so you have to think of your future, not just this game" or whatever, that was such a gratifying finish.

Then that sobering moment at the end.

One thing that kind of shocks me in retrospect. They didn't stretch out a Bananas elimination for once. I don't want to look back at things, but I could swear that every time he's been eliminated post Rivals 3 I'm pretty sure they did a cliffhanger in the middle of the elimination or just before the elimination started. Even though that would be pretty difficult to do with them picking up just after the previous challenge, they surely could have thrown something else in there to fill time.

BG Level

What an episode!

Devin played it wonderfully and someone finally pulled the fucking trigger against Bananas! I should get commission points for Devin lol. Dude legit had damn near the entire house turned on Johnny and Kayleigh lol. I really felt bad for Kayleigh though. That was straight up bullying no matter how Jemmye or Kailah tried to dress it up. Glad to see TJ and a lot of the other cast members call that out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Love him or hate him, whenever Bananas gets eliminated, that episode is one of the highlights of the season.

From the aftershow, turns out Bananas didn't even bother packing his bags for the elimination.

Standings:

Headspace 400 3
    Valisk 380 3
    Xno Kappa 320 2
    Byrd 315 2
    Vil 280 3
    Moss 260 1

Contestant Scores to Date:

Nicole Z 150 VALISK GAME
    Brad 145 VIL GAME
    Britni 145 VIL GAME
    Kyle 125 VALISK GAME
    Melissa 120 BYRD HOME
    Tony 115 HEAD GAME

Contestant Scores this Week:

Kayleigh 20
    Tony 15
    Kyle 10
    Kailah 10

GATTACA!

BG Level

I don't dislike Devin anymore and he's almost required as a foil for Bananas. Always nice to have some thinkers mixed in with all the dumb jocks. Really liked the elimination challenge too, MTV has done a good job with most of the competitions this season.

The Kayleigh bullying thing was dumb as shit. No surprise that airhead Nelson didn't know how to handle it. Also makes Bananas look like an uncaring asshole (if he didn't already) given he didn't bother talking to Natalie to clear the air.

Kailah has stayed off my shitlist for a while mostly given her sexiness but she's there now. Britni has always been an idiot. It's funny when people like Britni and Kailah who have been ganged up on in the past turn around and do the same thing to someone else. I loved how their excuse was "Natalie deserves to feel safe in her room" - GTFO

We were feeling icky watching the show at that point but it was nice to see TJ's extended callout to hopefully make each of them feel as dumb and embarrassed as possible. Also props to people like Kam and Kyle standing up to the BS

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    We were feeling icky watching the show at that point but it was nice to see TJ's extended callout to hopefully make each of them feel as dumb and embarrassed as possible. Also props to people like Kam and Kyle standing up to the BS
    Agreed. TJ came down on them pretty hard, and I was glad for it. Not sure what kind of groupthink causes grown-ass adults to do shit like that, but it's infuriating. I'll admit that a good portion of the appeal of the show is the drama, but this was just so hard to watch.

Major Season 32 casting news:

Only 80%, but still, it would be great to see him back.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post

Major Season 32 casting news:

Only 80%, but still, it would be great to see him back.
    awesome. Good guy Landon.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Standings After Week 11:

I gave Nelson 5 points for pulling a draw against Darrell instead of 15 points for an elimination win.

Headspace 445 3
    Valisk 415 3
    Vil 395 2
    Byrd 325 2
    Xno Kappa 305 2
    Moss 280 1
    Contestant Results this Week:

Brad 25
    Kam 20
    Nicole Z 20
    Britni 15
    Devin 15