+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge 31: Vendettas     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Man... is there something in the water in Spain or wherever they are? Three episodes in and it feels as though there's as much hooking up as there was in all 37 episodes of last season.

There have been tons of terrible showings in eliminations before, but when was the last one that was this bad by both participants? The grenades twist seems interesting and I'm looking forward to see how it plays out in the future. Not sure if it would be better off if it could be held on for a full "cycle" rather than having to use it before the next challenge, but we'll see if it opens up anything interesting in the gameplay anyway.

Nicole Z being a goon in that challenge, lol. I almost spit out my drink because that was just so unnecessary.

#rigged4bananas - His heat was the only one that had 5 people. The rest of them had 6 even with Melissa unable to play. I could swear TJ said that they had to put a hashtag on all of the opponents' posts, though the on-screen tally had all of them needing 4. Even if they only had to do 4 no matter what, it's easier with fewer bodies up there. Even though it was a boring set of noms, it was kind of nice to see a couple new faces in there.

If this ends up being Melissa's swan song, at least she got some points in before leaving unlike some people... *cough* Cory *cough*

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man, this better not be Melissa's end. She did get some nice nudity and romance points, though.

Contestant Scores This Week:

Devin 35
    Natalie 35
    Melissa 30
    Nicole Z 30
    Nelson 20
    Britni 15
    Johnny Bananas 10

Contestant Scores For the Year:

Britni 75 VIL GAME
    Nicole Z 50 VALISK GAME
    Devin 45 XNO GAME
    Natalie 45 HEAD GAME
    Brad 45 VIL GAME
    Kyle 45 VALISK GAME
    Melissa 40 BYRD GAME
    Cara Maria 40 XNO GAME
    Standings:

Vil 145 3
    Valisk 130 3
    Xno Kappa 115 4
    Moss 90 4
    Headspace 90 4
    Byrd 85 4
    UFA 50 3

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That elimination was beyond pathetic, lol. Just because you have an athletic body doesn’t mean you’re an athlete. Embarrassing. And Cory’s last, goalie-less attempt... Yikes.

I feel bad for Alicia. She lost her dude and got targeted in the challenge. She’s too fine for all that negativity! Nicole Z trying to come apologize and chop it up afterwards was laughable.

This is definitely the best season for hook ups and attractive people. Digging the format so far. Also, have they explained what happens if you send someone home that has challenge money in their bank? Do they keep that or does the person who eliminates them get it or like half? That would be a nice twist.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    That elimination was beyond pathetic, lol. Just because you have an athletic body doesn’t mean you’re an athlete. Embarrassing. And Cory’s last, goalie-less attempt... Yikes.
    That elimination *looked* amazing, but was actually pretty terrible. I don't know how much of it was Cory and Nelson being awful, and how much of it was the logistics of the challenge making it difficult. I have to assume production playtested it at some point, didn't they? I would assume The Challenge has some version of Survivor's Dream Team. But it certainly didn't look as easy as just kicking a soccer ball into a goal. They were wearing fire proof suits and the soccer ball (or whatever it was) was covered with some form of flammable material, which presumably made it more difficult to kick.

I'm not willing to give Cory and Nelson a pass for just being terrible in general (Cory's first kick looked like the best one either of them did the whole time), but it certainly appeared to be a challenge designed for maximum cinematography and minimal practical competition.

BG Level

I just looked it up and in The Ruins, it was winner take all, except "bonus money" and I don't know what that means. That was the season when Darrell had a ridiculous bank account before rearranging Brad's face. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the future, back like when a team that won shared a certain $ amount. Then again, the last team season was Cuthroat and they seem stuck on this individual or pairs thing. For crying out loud. Do a team format if for no other reason that there being a slight chance you might get a new champion so you don't have to use Aneesa, Jenna, and Cory as "champs".

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

That elimination was hilariously pathetic. Looks like next is about to go down with Brand and Marie. Bringing up someone's kids is a pretty low blow.

BG Level

That challenge tonight seemed like it was going to be a disaster, but the editing of that made it amazing. I was simultaneously amazed and absolutely disgusted.

I'd ask why someone would sneak away a pizza and eat that in their bed of all places, but these people are fucking pigs anyway and think that a funny prank is putting chips in someone's bed. Was it Joss a couple episodes ago that seemed to be disgusted by the habits and lack of cleanliness around there? Sylvia (why is she even here?) thirsting over him only to have him send her in, ouch. That was the sensible thing anyway.

Even though I am tired of Marie, my fantasy team thanks her for being such a child. They might not have showed Brad and Britni banging this time even though that fits into other narratives they're pushing too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    They might not have showed Brad and Britni banging this time even though that fits into other narratives they're pushing too.
    They did show it, when Marie threw pizza on them. You're welcome.

Results after 4 episodes:
    Fixed a couple of typos from last week - I still had Eddie getting episode survival points, and I hadn't switched Xno from Eddie to Marie. Should be fixed now - let me know if you see any issues.

I gave Tony 10 points for kicking ass in the eating portion of the worst trivia competition The Challenge has ever had.

Standings:

Vil 215 3
    Valisk 190 3
    Byrd 165 4
    Xno Kappa 150 4
    Headspace 145 4
    Moss 105 3
    UFA 60 2

Episode Points:

Melissa 60
    Nicole Z 45
    Brad 35
    Britni 30
    Tony 30
    Marie 20
    Zach 15

Season Points

Britni 105 VIL
    Melissa 100 BYRD
    Nicole Z 95 VALISK
    Brad 80 VIL
    Devin 50 XNO
    Kyle 50 VALISK
    Natalie 50 HEAD

BG Level

You could have given Tony like 20 bonus points and I wouldn't have even been mad. I know it was partly due to how shitty the challenge had turned out other than that, but it made his performance even more amazing. TONY TIME! Sadly, even his moment of triumph has to be after earlier having a question about him. I'm kind of hoping he wins this season just because the editors would probably have so much fun with him the rest of the way. You can do it!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That was a motherfucking elimination.

Weekly Scores:
    Sylvia 20
    Jemmye 10
    Kailah 10
    Kam 10
    Melissa 10

Top Scores to Date:
    Melissa 110 BYRD
    Britni 110 VIL
    Nicole Z 100 VALISK
    Brad 85 VIL

Standings:
    Vil 230 3
    Valisk 205 3
    Byrd 195 3
    Xno Kappa 180 4
    Headspace 165 4
    Moss 125 3
    UFA 80 2

BG Level

Big week for the UFA duo!

Melissa had a good showing for a first-timer. Yeah she was in the only two female eliminations so far, but they actually bothered to give a damn about her when making these episodes, and I'm hoping to see her again. Did we need a full episode to tell the story of the fall of Melissa? Did any of that matter or was that editing to play up a storyline? After I finished watching, I looked at the cast from this to figure how many were remaining and was shocked that there are still 22. How many Purges/Bloodbaths are they going to need? If they'd just cut these stupid inquisitions, they could have put all this so far in 4 episodes.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

That was an awesome elimination.

Brad and Britni are starting to get on my nerves. Talking about tossing a bone and shit as if they have any clout in anything. Nobody likes Brad and Britni acts as if this is her 10th season as a vet.

BG Level

So, she's basically Kailah from last season, except with a better rookie run, and a challenge win under her belt in the first 3 rounds.

Most of the people on this season are getting tiresome. Of all the people on this show that are bothering me, she's probably like 14th or 15th most out of this 22. There are people like Nelson, Shane, Veronica, and Devin who have maybe a combined two moments on this season, so can't possibly bother me at this point. I actually almost included Cara Maria on that list since she's been MIA since the first couple episodes, but then I remember those stupid trivia things.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ayo! That elimination was great. I thought little timid Sylvia was about to steal off on ole girl for real after the slight kick to the face. Did I hear correctly that Melissa is an MMA fighter? She was annoying as shit from her voice to the way she acts. If she does indeed have a MMA background, I wonder how things would have went if her and Kam came to blows. No wonder she didn’t back down and put her hair in a scrunchie. Those MMA people can get down in a street fight.

I will say that Melissa played the game well in terms of aligning herself sexually with Nicole. Her argument with Kam and Jemmye sealed her fate. Britni was on a silver platter for the picking and Melissa snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

BG Level

I hadn't heard anything about MMA stuff til that episode. Even MMA-style training could mean such a wide variety of things.

BG Level

"Drunk, old, awful version of Mark Wahlberg" What an amazing line.

Tony thinking he's the Pippen, lol. Whatever. Did he forget that Leroy is there? This guy is having this strange dream run so far this season, doing well in challenges and staying mostly in control outside of them. I'll cut him some slack even though that was absolutely ridiculous.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Standings after Week 6:
    Vil 255 3
    Valisk 245 3
    Byrd 230 3
    Xno Kappa 200 4
    Headspace 210 4
    Moss 150 3
    UFA 100 2

Contestant Points this Week:
    Kyle 20
    Britni 15
    Cara Maria 15
    Johnny Bananas 15
    Kailah 15
    Tony 15
    Zach 15

Contestant Points for Season:
    Britni 125 VIL
    Melissa 120 BYRD
    Nicole Z 110 VALISK
    Brad 90 VIL
    Kyle 75 VALISK
    Cara Maria 65 XNO
    Tony 65 HEAD

Minor scoring note: Melissa was retroactively awarded 10 points for attempted cannibalism for biting Sylvia during the Elimination, but we only found out about it this week. Otherwise, challenge wins and kissing were the only points scored this week.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    "Drunk, old, awful version of Mark Wahlberg" What an amazing line.
    And my opinion of Kayleigh grew three sizes that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Tony thinking he's the Pippen, lol. Whatever. Did he forget that Leroy is there? This guy is having this strange dream run so far this season, doing well in challenges and staying mostly in control outside of them. I'll cut him some slack even though that was absolutely ridiculous.
    You noticed that too, huh? Tony's barely Luc Longley. But he was very energetic about calling referring to Bananas as Jordan, and downright defensive about it. The whole time, Bananas is just calmly sipping his tea. Hate him or love him, he's got a sway in this game that's truly impressive.

BG Level

Is anybody actually surprised that it was Bananas? They devoted half an episode with a special narrative style that they don't ever use AND didn't resolve it by the end after hyping it up. Of course it's their golden boy. Not that I want him to do anything, but it seems like several seasons since he's actually done anything other than his stupid toasts at the start of the season.

Brad, you hump that water right out of your cube! Sylvia, you couldn't have just quit while Melissa was still there?

I don't even understand this format for the elimination. Thanks for the medical attention and not finishing up this episode. If Veronica finishes that, she's probably going to have her whole hand wrapped and unable to get a real grip.

All in all, this general format for the season sucks the way they're doing it. Troika picking the teams is total crap. Because of one of the worst collective performances in a challenge back in the eating thing, they've basically spelled this all out. That Troika made a team where people that were with Brad would throw so he could be last no matter what he does. Everyone else was just to make sure that Bananas crew got first so they'd get that Troika. Then they get to pick the teams, and the other team isn't going to have a real shot there. Either do more individual or duo things (without the Troika being able to assign everything) or do actual random things like TJ pulling 2 names out of a bag for captains.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Points for this week:

Standings:
    Vil 295 2
    Valisk 285 3
    Headspace 260 4
    Byrd 240 2
    Xno Kappa 240 4
    Moss 190 3