+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sora really only needs bsb to be decent. With his tri element legend dive built in, his USB makes him amazing.

As for the memory crystals, you could look at it two ways: one is that they're going through the effort to tag KH with its own realm designation instead of beyond like other JP collabs - which means they have at least some tentative plans to use the designation again.

The second way to view it is they are cutting the characters short, giving everything away once (especially since Sora has so much) that if you whale, Sora is future proof enough to not need updates.

We don't get foresight here, which is the real issue

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Anyone know which soul break and ability animations were changed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you need gil due to reforging, orb exchanges, etc. farm the final stage of the KH event: you get 60.000 munny for completion and those can be exchanged for 150.000 gil total. Basically double of the average in the gil daily.

Edit: Annnnd the KH relics are in the daily draw pool meaning they're here to stay. This won't go well at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    If you need gil due to reforging, orb exchanges, etc. farm the final stage of the KH event: you get 60.000 munny for completion and those can be exchanged for 150.000 gil total. Basically double of the average in the gil daily.

Edit: Annnnd the KH relics are in the daily draw pool meaning they're here to stay. This won't go well at all.
    They could just be removed after the event ends, to be fair.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post

Oh oh oh thanks for this

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, that's a good find. I'll have to put some stamina into that if I want a break from Realm Dungeons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just noticed Sora's title.. lol. Master my ass.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Have we gotten confirmation that they are not being added to HoR for JP? If not then I still think its to prevent major errors for GL until we get to where JP is.

Learning these relics are here to stay and that I can scrounge up another 50 before this leaves (as well as a nights sleep), mollifies me about my worst pull in 3 years of this game.

Also those relics better be here to stay, I don't want this to be the equipment equivalent of FFBE Nier Automata and BF banners (I.e. stuck with useless LMRs/Glints with 0 chance of getting the good pieces).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Have we gotten confirmation that they are not being added to HoR for JP? If not then I still think its to prevent major errors for GL until we get to where JP is.

Learning these relics are here to stay and that I can scrounge up another 50 before this leaves (as well as a nights sleep), mollifies me about my worst pull in 3 years of this game.

Also those relics better be here to stay, I don't want this to be the equipment equivalent of FFBE Nier Automata and BF banners (I.e. stuck with useless LMRs/Glints with 0 chance of getting the good pieces).
    Not only are the relics likely to stay, acquiring the memory crystals is ridiculously easy. Also while they're in the relic pool for daily draws, they're not likely to return on anything but another collaboration so I wouldn't worry about being stuck with relics and no characters to use them with.

I'm sure they have no idea how successful this event will be and Disney is keeping a close eye on whether it's successful or not. If it is, I'm sure they'll relax the reigns a little bit and bring it back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post

I haven't heard a thing from JP, I'll check later and try to see if there's any mention in their announcement.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im still of the mind that unless you get a fully functioning Sora, it's not worth even the half price pull.

Need to be willing to drop 150-200 here honestly, otherwise Anniversary and FFV banners are much better targets IMHO.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think sora LMR+burst, sora USB, or riku USB are all decent drops or sets. The glints you can work around with RD. I don't buy the arcanes being that important. The cloud stuff is uh.......wonky but the burst commands get better every time I read them.

That said, I agree anni and FFV are better so it's really just quibbling.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AOSB is nice, but they need a ton of setup/support to really make them worth using. as i noted on discord yesterday, at 99 with full LD, enice, 4* ice magicite bonuses, imperil ice, OK pUSB, ramza USB and ice boosting armor, sora's AOSB did about 150k on tiamat with 1 hit being a critical. 1.5 bars, one-shot use, and all that setup for 120-210k (0-3 critical hits) damage. if you can fit it into a chain party setup it would be a good finisher, but outside of that scenario the power level seems pretty well contained.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those are only better due to sinergy though and/or your needs. Sora is a strong Bartz contender (and actually covers what Bartz doesn't) with only 2 relics while Riku is a solid Darkness user.
    Arcanes are great but only if you have everything else lol. My Riku with only Arcane is totally useless but one pull might give me another relic for Endark... decisions decisions.
    And there's always the chance that DeNA messes with the Anni banners to make them worse in GL :/
    The true weakness of this banner is the lack of elemental boosts, not sure wtf DeNA was thinking by copy/pasting stats into 8 Keyblades (except Riku's with some MAG thrown in).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I honestly don't care for FFV (this coming from a lover of V...), nor 3rd anniversary, but I think its cause they burned me badly on JP when they happened (looking at you 2/22 Krile LMR x2 with no Krile SB).

For FFV the main prize is earth SBs, but its cluttered with useless Galuf relics.

3rd anni is definetly gonna get mixed in with bad relics (they ALWAYS have done this for GL *looks at Tiny Bee and Squall's Revolver). Plus regardless we DO get 90ish mythril for 3rd anyway, so you can still pull on a banner.

Yeah KH has a lot of bad relics (looking at you cloud lmr3 and glints), so it suffers the same issues as the above mentioned banners.

That said, i'm gonna risk another shot at Riku USB or BSB or Sora BSB or USB and whichever I don't get I'll pick as my free BSB OSB selection for 3rd anni (Seph BSB/OSB or Ayame BSB/OSB).

Edit: Got confused and thought Galuf had his SSB on this, but point still remains, Galuf is terribad).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cloud LMR3 is actually good BUT it requires the bsb from this banner for it to mean anything besides +10 stat. Quick cast on cloud’s slow ass while his ex mode is up is great for squeezing in damage. I notice that this banner in particular doesn’t really have relics that work without you getting a second one. You need at least 2x a character to actually exploit anything. Even a sora usb could really use a bsb, lmr, or glint to up the damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sora's USB/BSB can perfectly work on their own if you dive him. The real issues are Glints, Cloud's LMR and AOSBs that need other relics in order to be functional due to limited uses or simply lack of options. Riku's AOSB is really nice but I'm not gonna take him into magicites without other options and at least an Endark (provided by literally everything else lol).

Edit: Anyway yup, even the JP announcement mentions that Sora and Riku won't be added to the HoR afterwards. We'll see what happens I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't mind the idea of broken soul battles, but it's a little too linear for me to enjoy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I could just be biased since I have bartz usb and have no sense of how OP squall's bsb might be. Sora needs an LMR with his USB to be roughly equivalent (but weaker compared) to what Bartz automatically gets when fully dived. If I consider the glints as slightly above the junk relics on an anni banner then that leaves 2-4(some don't have a ton of darkness or might not care about Riku's high speed compared to other darkness users so mileage varies) then from a single pull perspective KH is inferior to pulling on an anni bannert with bartz knife. The hypothetical bartz anni banner would have the lesser prizes as things that you can actually use without the grand prizes from the banner unlike KH. I probably should list off pros and cons.

KH:
    Pros:
    Covers 3 elements
    AOSB/GSB early
    First pull is half off
    Automatically no dupes
    Nearly bartz/squall tier USB/BSB
    The more you pull the more you power up several elements at once due to Sora's tri-elemental coverage.
    This saves motes.
    Only 3 characters on the banner so you're powering up a character more efficiently if you get good relics
    It's kingdom hearts
    All of the sbs synergize with each other very well. Once you have usbs or bsbs then almost anything else you can pull for a character is great.
    The enelement on the glints are apparently going to rank up eventually so they have a buff incoming.

Cons:
    Usb or bsb required for everything else to be useful above all.
    AOSB is trash if you ONLY get that for damage.
    Keyblades only for Sora/Riku. This is a huge con since Sora/Riku can use swords which makes the keyblades immediately replaceable by stuff you may already have or will luck into that has +element and renders the keyblades themselves useless outside of KH events. All those extra Glints and bsbs will automatically be rosetta stone or vault fodder.
    Grand prize and main aims required for utility are weaker than the grand prize/whale in other banners assuming these are roughly on par with other AOSB. These are probably better due to japan powercreep but I've not checked to compare precisely but they will be caught up to.
    No non-elemental damage attached so omniresists are more annoying to Sora than Bartz once that gets adjusted.
    Synergy is a lost cause.
    Riku gets murdered by Raines and his bsb is gonna be free soon.

Random Anni banner:
    Pro:
    You can aim for an element.
    You get almost any SB and that character will be immediately usable
    The glints coming up are more useful from a utility standpoint from what I've noticed. (possible bias due to only noticing the good ones.)
    Got the important drop? Move onto the next banner for even more usbs rather than try to flesh out relics on a character that's already pretty great like you would with KH.
    They better still have some Chainz in there.
    Synergy actually happens
    Anything worth aiming for will probably be better in it's role. Eg is that a chain?
    Anything pulled is actually usable by other characters.

Con:
    T i n y B e e
    i
    n
    y
    b
    e
    e

Less control over what character gets a SB.
    Being better off means having more dupes you might get.
    Not powercreeped 6 months ahead of schedule.
    Can't complete (all bonus stats from mastery) a character on a single banner.
    Most usb/bsb don't cover multiple elements like a single Sora can.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Mathcraft people on Reddit found his LMR is roughly only 4% more DMG then Sora's LM1, so its not "required" in order to do awesome DMG with his USB.