+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ditch the flare blade. Just outright shatter it. I made that same mistake. Spellblades are meant to be used to exploit elemental weaknesses and you lose all the advantages or reasons to use one in the first place with flare strike. Using an element the boss is weak to gives you more SB charges and extra damage while flare strike just skips out on that ever happening.
    Arise is a trap. Even if it does it's intended purpose you have a character without all of the defensive buffs ready to be wailed on by the boss.
    It seems you're lacking a fair amount of good RMs too.
    It might be a good idea to work on some basic RMs. Ramza has battleforged while Tidus has Ace striker. They give more SB gauge whenever you do something and more SBs are generally your biggest buff to damage that you can get.
    I don't see any form of hastega so maybe have one of your whms cast haste on the pt like I used to do? It doubles your attack speed and is technically a -33% damage taken buff as well due to the old concept of "it can't hurt you if it's dead" that we used to use in merit parties.
    Breakdowns are stronger that's why they're a higher * ranking.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search
    Use this website to find whatever RW you need. It even sorts em by whatever stat mod enhances the SB. eg more mind generally makes buffs last longer. Stoneskin 2 is so useful that you'll probably end up like me and use it for harder stuff a majority of the time until its availiable natively.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Power Breakdown should have a higher multiplier. And it has the bigger effect too.

If you have a Hero Soul laying around somewhere, it may be worth it grab a good Paladin/Knight character (Beatrix, Agrias (who can also Spellblade 4 for elemental weaknesses), Paladin Cecil, etc) as Dark Knight Cecil has a pretty terrible skill set. They generally have white magic 4 or 5 to bring Pro/Shell in an ability slot and contribute to damage output.

I wouldn't say shatter Flare Strike, as the recent buff made it pretty strong, but as mentioned it doesn't hit any elemental weakness.

4* abilities will help you advance content more generally than pouring everything into weaker honed 5*. Breakdown abilities for support skills, 4* elemental spellblades and -aja black magic, a well honed Curaja (with the occasional backup healer Curaga) will be all the healing you'll need for a long while.

Oddly Potent 1-3* Abilities:
    Boost/Faith
    Haste
    Esuna
    Launch
    Tempo Flurry
    Drain Strike

Utility 4* skills:
    Ruinga
    Quake
    Pro/Shellga
    Curaja
    Slowga
    Valefor/Madiun
    Banishing Strike

5*'s to R2 Quickly:
    Full Break

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The main reason I threw in DK Cecil was because of his Burst. I also have Celes with her BSB but I figured the added effect of her Runic Blade skill didn't do much in this physical based fight. Also, she seems use the same abilties as Bartz so I was having trouble getting enough to fill either.

I do have an 80 Pecil. He just doesn't have his Burst. He does have his Ultra and I think Super.

yeah the RMs weren't the greatest picks, I was trying to boost Decil's and Bartz's damage from the BSB so that's why i went with those. I have quite a few characters at 50, but I was going to take a look to see what I could get in terms of Soul Gauge pre-charges.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    The main reason I threw in DK Cecil was because of his Burst. I also have Celes with her BSB but I figured the added effect of her Runic Blade skill didn't do much in this physical based fight. Also, she seems use the same abilties as Bartz so I was having trouble getting enough to fill either.

I do have an 80 Pecil. He just doesn't have his Burst. He does have his Ultra and I think Super.

yeah the RMs weren't the greatest picks, I was trying to boost Decil's and Bartz's damage from the BSB so that's why i went with those. I have quite a few characters at 50, but I was going to take a look to see what I could get in terms of Soul Gauge pre-charges.

You should come to BG discord we often have discussions like that

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't know if I'd have the devices necessary to join actual voice chat. The time I have at home, for the moment, has been spent consoling my 11 month old in his rocker, so I don't much time at my computer. I'd definitely be up to listening in sometime though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A few thoughts:
    -power break/breakdown as mentioned are duplicative
    -battle hymn is short duration (10s) and at R1 you may as well use the 3 star bard song
    -I don't think you have a support soul break right? does rosa have anything? (I know you have a healer ultra and other bssb)
    -arise is bad; flare strike is bad (could use steal power instead for a self buff and debuff on the enemy; and SP is 20s IIRC)
    -dk cecil is really bad (it does a lot of self damage right?) - you have refia's bssb which is crazy good and she can self buff
    -I hope you aren't using asy for mitigation! (use it after you take damage)
    -If you aren't RWing hyper mighty guard then tyro Fantasy Unbound is really good (hastega+buff and tyro can do anything)
    -I'd use mages here because the boss can be slept and his heal is pretty low prior to deep sleep. In fact I think your mage bursts make a pretty adequate team in general (Q and desch have self buffs; desch has quickcast on his command 1; palom is amazing vs the elemental vulns; serah sucks but has enelement).
    -if you're going to use melees you might as well use kain too - jump time runs during animations so start the jump before other stuff happens (you can just R1 lightning dive and use it then ether command...which is slow and annoying but that's how it goes).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I don't know if I'd have the devices necessary to join actual voice chat. The time I have at home, for the moment, has been spent consoling my 11 month old in his rocker, so I don't much time at my computer. I'd definitely be up to listening in sometime though.
    We dont use voice chat we use normal text chat

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    A few thoughts:
    -battle hymn is short duration (10s) and at R1 you may as well use the 3 star bard song
    -I don't think you have a support soul break right? does rosa have anything? (I know you have a healer ultra and other bssb)
    -arise is bad; flare strike is bad (could use steal power instead for a self buff and debuff on the enemy; and SP is 20s IIRC)
    -dk cecil is really bad (it does a lot of self damage right?) - you have refia's bssb which is crazy good and she can self buff
    -If you aren't RWing hyper mighty guard then tyro Fantasy Unbound is really good (hastega+buff and tyro can do anything)
    -I'd use mages here because the boss can be slept and his heal is pretty low prior to deep sleep. In fact I think your mage bursts make a pretty adequate team in general (Q and desch have self buffs; desch has quickcast on his command 1; palom is amazing vs the elemental vulns; serah sucks but has enelement).
    -if you're going to use melees you might as well use kain too - jump time runs during animations so start the jump before other stuff happens (you can just R1 lightning dive and use it then ether command...which is slow and annoying but that's how it goes).
    Didn't flare strike got better with the buff?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    We dont use voice chat we use normal text chat
    Well then, I'm sold.

A few thoughts:
    ahh, I shall look and rebuild my team then.

The first thing sI take from that are Refia and Tyro need to go in place of someone. Rosa only has her True Shot, thinking, I should have used Aerith or Palom(Porom, whatever the girly wonder twin is) instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes but it's still non-elemental. You can bring it in Omni-resist fights if you really want to but more often than not an imperil+elemental spellblade is still better. Or just avoid elements entirely and use other characters.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Actually I should clarify that one; R1 flare strike on anyone except celes runicing is bad (at least I'd say it's bad compared to r1 steal power!)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

How do I find your guys' discord channel anyway?

BG Level

How do I find your guys' discord channel anyway?
    Click on BG discord in the right bar (on the main page) when you joined we have a channel for Record Keeper

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Power Breakdown should have a higher multiplier. And it has the bigger effect too.

If you have a Hero Soul laying around somewhere, it may be worth it grab a good Paladin/Knight character (Beatrix, Agrias (who can also Spellblade 4 for elemental weaknesses), Paladin Cecil, etc) as Dark Knight Cecil has a pretty terrible skill set. They generally have white magic 4 or 5 to bring Pro/Shell in an ability slot and contribute to damage output.

I wouldn't say shatter Flare Strike, as the recent buff made it pretty strong, but as mentioned it doesn't hit any elemental weakness.

4* abilities will help you advance content more generally than pouring everything into weaker honed 5*. Breakdown abilities for support skills, 4* elemental spellblades and -aja black magic, a well honed Curaja (with the occasional backup healer Curaga) will be all the healing you'll need for a long while.

Oddly Potent 1-3* Abilities:
    Boost/Faith
    Haste
    Esuna
    Launch
    Tempo Flurry
    Drain Strike

Utility 4* skills:
    Ruinga
    Quake
    Pro/Shellga
    Curaja
    Slowga
    Valefor/Madiun
    Banishing Strike

5*'s to R2 Quickly:
    Full Break
    Okay aside from Full Break, all those utility abilities are at least rank 2 and the oddly potent ones are at least rank 3.

I signed up to discord but it seems there are posting restrictions for new accounts.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Actually I should clarify that one; R1 flare strike on anyone except celes runicing is bad (at least I'd say it's bad compared to r1 steal power!)
    Celes with runic is the only reason to keep flare strike i think

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I mean, I would maybe use Flare Strike on Bartz since I have him full LD with LMR, BSB2, and OSB. Nothing like a triple cast with lots of +spellblade damage from the dive. Then again, I have R3 flare strike & flare for the lulz.

And there shouldn't be any issues jumping on the BG discord server. And click on the #record-keeper tab under the mobile gaming section and start chatting away. Also Rata and Tyrath have been talking Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so we're not completely limited to FFRK... Now those FFBE guys - I jest - they invaded the FFRK section for a while until an admin renamed the #moba channel.

BG discord link for the lazy - https://discordapp.com/invite/NwfsDj6

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I only fucking finally beat that damn Moogle. Let me see if I can post my weak ass setup.

Abilities:
    Tyro - Faith, Full Break RM Dr Mog
    Palom - Waterja R4, Blizzaja R2 (or 3) RM Magic+ with staff
    Y'shtola - Power Breakdown R2, Wrath R2 RM Haste
    Golbez - Thundaja R2(or 3), Thundaga R3 RM Dark Damage +
    Desch - Firaja R2, Lullaby R2 RM Magic + with staff
    I believe I went with Stoneskin or Magic Shield for RW.

The trick was apparently getting him to 75% without sleeping him then making sure to wake him up from time to time after I did.

Also. I’ve MCIII’d Tyro and Yshtola. They seem like pretty solid choices for 99s.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So I've been looking everywhere and I see lots of discussion about Onion Knights Legend Dive, and how it's different from everyone else, etc. ...but no one says what 5* motes are required - STR and INT? ...maybe WIS?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    So I've been looking everywhere and I see lots of discussion about Onion Knights Legend Dive, and how it's different from everyone else, etc. ...but no one says what 5* motes are required - STR and INT? ...maybe WIS?
    I don't have an answer for this but wanted to add a question. When does he get his 5* legend dive? (if he gets it?)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    I don't have an answer for this but wanted to add a question. When does he get his 5* legend dive? (if he gets it?)
    Pretty sure Tuesday. ..or Thursday.