+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    my Ya'shtola has all that too, as well as a full legend dive, and I NEVER thought I would NOT use her.

...but then came Relm USB, and all that changed - and now I don't even remember the last time I used her (oh wait, Garuda torment for CM).
    When combined with History's Truth, Noctis SSB, and Tidus USB. Jump start battles don't even need haste.
    I'm a true believer in party-instacast.
    I have everything Relm, Yuna, and Rosa and they STILL don't touch Ysh.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

idk, i have a LD'ed yshtola with everything sans USB and in the last couple of months, i find myself going for other healers more often. in terms of raw output and range of utility she can't be beat but i'm finding i usually want a supplemental effect like astra or guts or a stat boost over asylum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly it's an issue I have with Deuce as well. I have all of her relevant relics but sometimes I find myself using other healers because her buff won't stack with Rikku's USB or OK's BSB (and other clones) and I often use them. Granted this may change in a couple of days if I manage to pull one of OK's USBs and Y'shtola sadly doesn't have a good USB to rely on... hopefully she gets a Wall upgrade similar to Tyro but made for a pure healer. Larsa is my Astra guy, can't go wrong with him!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The following items were added to the Normal section of Fat Chocobo's Gysahl Exchange at 5:00 PM 1/9 PST (1:00 AM 1/10 UTC).

New Items at Fat Chocobo's Gysahl Exchange
    Accessories with Elemental Resistance
    ・Protect Ring (VII) (up to +300 HP, moderate ice resistance)
    ・Mimic's Bracelet (V) (moderate water resistance)
    ・Vortex Ring (XIV) (moderate wind resistance)
    ・Emperor's Amulet (II) (moderate dark resistance)
    ・Bolt Ring (VII) (moderate lightning resistance)
    ・Poison Ring (VII) (slight poison attack and debuff resistance)
    ・Zephyr Cloak (VI) (moderate earth resistance)
    ・Flame Ring (V) (moderate fire resistance)
    ・Glow Curtain (VIII) (moderate holy resistance)

Number Available: 1
    From 5:00 PM 1/9 PST (1:00 AM 1/10 UTC) onward.

* Gysahl Greens are exchanged for the above items at Fat Chocobo's Gysahl Exchange. * You can obtain Gysahl Greens as completion rewards for the Power-Up Dungeons or as a dropped item after defeating enemies.
    * You can access the Gysahl Exchange by tapping the Annex on the Home screen or from the Power-Up Dungeon menu.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    idk, i have a LD'ed yshtola with everything sans USB and in the last couple of months, i find myself going for other healers more often. in terms of raw output and range of utility she can't be beat but i'm finding i usually want a supplemental effect like astra or guts or a stat boost over asylum.
    Yeah, my ysh hasn't seen the inside of a magicite in forever, and I have everything except her terrible usb. She brings absolutely nothing to the table I need.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

JP news: Ultimecia, Mercenary Ramza dress record, Amarant and Bartz events.
    Now onto the actual good shit: Torment revamp!
    -Lowest difficulty will be between Apocalypse+ and 3* magicites, highest is harder than 4* magicites.
    -Features permanent Wall buff and a new RW from Dr Mog: Resonance Limit Chain (basically a realm only chain).
    -Rewards are based on damage dealt, no need to win to get the stuff.
    -Can exhange rewards for Legend Motes and Ability Records.
    -New 6* abilities!!!
    Spellblade: Fire/Earth Quadstrike - Lightning/Water Quadstrike (waifu better get fucking spellblade 6* access...) - Fire Pentastrike
    Black Magic: Ice/Lightning/Water Vortex - Chain Firaja - Chain Thundaja

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Get another 25 in the dungeon update for the LD with FFXI relics on it but that’s just my personal bias. After that it’s time to chop some onions.
    Next huge banner after onion knight is tactics but we are now in powercreeped banner territory. There is just about nothing that will fail to rock your world for a while. The only reason no one is pulling much for the next two months is entirely due to hoarding for the anni fest and the god wall.
    Awesome I will pull the lucky banner and the OK banner and start storing up. I may actually look into getting some gems. The game has intrigued me enough that I think they deserve some cash for it.

Does anyone knwo when we'll have another 1/2 stamina realm dungeon campaign? The nightmare one is great, I'm clearing a lot more pre nightmare boss fights than I had in the past which is great. They're providing me with some of the orbs I'm looking for for Hones/Creations.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Awesome I will pull the lucky banner and the OK banner and start storing up. I may actually look into getting some gems. The game has intrigued me enough that I think they deserve some cash for it.

Does anyone knwo when we'll have another 1/2 stamina realm dungeon campaign? The nightmare one is great, I'm clearing a lot more pre nightmare boss fights than I had in the past.
    every new DU we get half stamina for 5 days

and new DU is tonight!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The 5 hit 6* abilities are gonna be hard to justify making compared to the dual/tri-element 4 hit ones, unless if they have insane mods. Glad I held off on R4ing any 6*, as well as not making Ultima or second Snowspell. Time to hit up those 100 stamina power/black crystal dailies.

Also, they emphasized that new torments will function similar to the FF9 Vala Pira fight. The more realm synergy characters you bring, the lower the enemy attack/break resistance and more increased elemental weakness.

So time to go back to pulling for Realm CM style teams again!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i just r4'ed meltdown, whoops! time to start saving up again i guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Also, they emphasized that new torments will function similar to the FF9 Vala Pira fight. The more realm synergy characters you bring, the lower the enemy attack/break resistance and more increased elemental weakness.
    Thats probably a direct response to JP's general distaste for Magicite content. Honestly, its the way this games meta should be. They probably make more money with people chasing facorite characters SB's than for waiting around for specific elements.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    The 5 hit 6* abilities are gonna be hard to justify making compared to the dual/tri-element 4 hit ones, unless if they have insane mods. Glad I held off on R4ing any 6*, as well as not making Ultima or second Snowspell. Time to hit up those 100 stamina power/black crystal dailies.

So time to go back to pulling for Realm CM style teams again!
    Hmm no, not really. In specific elemental fights you wanna go with the 5 hitters over the dual elemental ones all the time. It all comes down to how many orbs you can gather and IF we can craft more than one of these.

BG Level

and if you need spellblade motes to unlock 6* access to those or what

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Realm synergy is back baby!!
    Lightning's eventually gonna get native 5 star spellblade right?...or can they give celerity a thunder ability?...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    and if you need spellblade motes to unlock 6* access to those or what
    For Spellblades you do, Black Magic is automatically unlocked on all Black 5* characters anyway. You don't need additional motes for these though, these are crafted with ability records.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not even done getting all of the basic (imo) stuff to or past r2. I guess I should switch up orb farming in favor of crystals for the long term and finish of 5* via orb exchange.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ehh we have time, this is 6 months out and you get crystals if you can sub 30 4 star magicites. Need to put yourself into position for those first.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Hmm no, not really. In specific elemental fights you wanna go with the 5 hitters over the dual elemental ones all the time. It all comes down to how many orbs you can gather and IF we can craft more than one of these.
    True, but don't forget EVERY ability school is getting 3 new 6* abilities with each set coming out month by month. So certain crystals, power for example will be extremely scarce even with hoarding for months. So the 5 hits (assuming they are not leaps ahead of 4 hit 5* counterpart in terms of modifier) are not gonna be worth making compared to Utility 6*.

It might end up being a situation of Ultima vs. Meteor with the 5 hits 6* vs. 4 hits 5* (god I hope not). Until we get Orbs > Crystals and way more crystals then we get in JP, its going to be a choose carefully situation like the old days of 5* abilities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We didn't have dualcasting machines back then Any Terra/Vivi USB/LMR/LD combo owner will want that Chain Firaja over Vortex. This is happening in 6 months, personally I already have a R3 Meltdown and could probably take one of these to R2 today. It's a very long time to prepare, GL has the biggest advantage ever in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Thats probably a direct response to JP's general distaste for Magicite content. Honestly, its the way this games meta should be. They probably make more money with people chasing facorite characters SB's than for waiting around for specific elements.
    So, do they hate the whole magicite dungeon system like I do or what?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast