+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast

I've gotten a ton that I didn't even know I was waiting on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

By my estimate, for next magicite (water weak), I'm going to need 400 ish thunder orbs...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So i did a thing on reddit today, because work was a little slow. Oops.

Luzaf (XI)

**[Sharpshooter 5, Summon 5, Darkness 5, Support 4, Black Magic 3, White Magic 3]**

**[Daggers, Swords, Guns, Bracers, Hats, Light Armor]**

**Death Penalty** (6-star Gun [+dark])
    * Arcane: **"Leaden Salute"** - Deal twenty massive ranged physical or white magic dark elemental attacks, followed by another ranged physical or white magic dark attack that can break the damage cap, to one enemy. Attack type depends on the user's stats.

**Blackheart Attire** (6-star Light Armor)
    * Brave USB: **Wild Card** - Deal seven ranged physical or white magic dark and fire elemental attacks to all enemies, infuse the user with the power of the dark, raise the users Attack or Mind a moderate amount and Resistance a small amount, restore one ability use to all allies, grant the user Bravery Mode and set their Bravery level to 1. Attack type and stats raised depend on user's status.

Trigger Condition: Dark element damage
    * Brave 0: ST Darkness (ranged physical or white magic) damage. Small chance to summon Odin (1x ST Dark/Non overflow NAT damage) instead.
    * Brave 1: Hastega + Party Fastcast x2 (1x). Moderate chance to summon Odin.
    * Brave 2: Moderate party Atk/Mag/Mnd Boost. High chance to summon Odin.
    * Brave 3: Restore 2 ability use to party + Regenga. Very high chance to summon Odin.

**Armageddon** (6-star Gun [+dark] [RS: +fire])
    * USB: **Wildfire** - Deal ten ranged physical or white magic dark/fire/non attacks to one target, infuse the user with the power of the dark, and grant EX Mode "Black Coffin" - boosting Atk or Mnd a large amount, decreasing Def and Res a small amount, and chase dark element abilities with ‘Ephramadian Pact’, dealing 4 ST dark/fire/non physical or white magic dark attacks to one target.

**Hexagun** (5-star Gun [+fire] [RS: +dark])
    * Glint: **Quick Draw** Deal 3 instant ST ranged elemental physical attacks to one target and lower that target’s resistance to that element by 2 stages . Element damage dealt is reliant on target’s weakness. If no weakness is present, the attack will be dark element.

**Corsair’s Attire** (5-star Light Armor [Paralyze resist][Dark Resist])
    * BSB : **Phantom Roll** - Instantly grants Haste to all allies, temporarily raise their Atk and Mnd a moderate amount, and grant the user Burst Mode.
    * C1: **Chaos Roll** - Grant the user one “Chaos Dice” counter, up to a max of 3. Deals 2-4x physical ranged dark/fire hits to a single target and raise the party’s Atk/Def/Crit Rate (10/20/30%). Number of hits and buff strength reliant on number of “Chaos Dice” counters. Sharpshooter school.
    * C2: **Magus Roll** - Grant the user one “Magus Dice” counter, up to a max of 3. Deals 2-4 white magic dark/fire hits to a single target and raise the party’s Mag/Mnd/Res (10/20/30%). Number of hits and buff strength reliant on number of ‘Magus Rice” counters. Darkness school.

* Unique: **Dark Shot** - Dispel one target, and afflict the target with Sap.

**Quicksilver** (5-star Gun [+fire])
    * LMR1: “Nyzul Isle Investigation” – Small chance to w-cast Sharpshooter abilities.

**Corsair’s Tricorne** (5-star Hat [+dark])
    * LMR2: “Dire Pact” – Begin the battle infused with the power of the dark.

* LM1: "Arrapago Depths" - Deal slightly more dark element damage.
    * LM2: "Departing Promise” – When low on HP, restore HP to user, give them 2 Soul Break charges, and enter Trance Mode, temporarily raising Atk and Mnd a moderate amount, and granting Last Stand to user.

* RM 50: “Black Queen” – Slight chance to gain double EXP. Effect also applies to equipped Magicite.
    * RM 80: “Bastokan Scholar” – Deal signifigantly more physical damage with a Gun equipped.
    * RM 99: “Corsair’s Roll” – Small chance to gain triple EXP. Effect also applies to equipped Magicite.

**4-star Darkness**
    * Unholy Pact – Deal white magic darkness damage to one target, increase the user’s Mind a moderate amount, and lower the users Def and Res a small amount.

**5-star Darkness**
    * Dark Flare – Deal four ranged physical or white magic dark element attacks to one target. Deal a fifth hit if the target is afflicted with an imperil effect. Attack type depends on user’s status.

**6-star Sharpshooter**
    * Hex Shot – Deal four ST ranged physical elemental hits to one target with a moderate chance to further imperil the target by 1 stage. Elemental damage is reliant on target’s imperil. If no imperil is present, damage dealt is dark element and may afflict imperil-dark.

**5-star Sharpshooter**
    * Shadow Bullet – Deal four ST ranged physical dark hits to one target. Deal more damage if the user has a ranged weapon equipped.

COMMENTARY: I wanted to do something different with Luzaf while playing to Corsair’s dual role in FFXI as both a buffer and potential damage dealer. In looking at Rem’s unique niche within the game, I thought Luzaf could take advantage of the Corsair’s unique stat needs (Agility and Magic Accuracy) to make him a Physical/White Magic damage hybrid without being versed in the White Mage school itself.

His Brave may be a little much, but I think it balances out relying on the surety of the buffs but still having a random chance that Odin will pop out and deliver the usual Overflow hit like other Brave USB’s.
    Some of his party buffs allow him an additional boost to party performance with unique buff ID’s without overdoing it. The big buffs are focused solely on him, allowing him to function in a mixed team like many other hybrid characters do.
    I also think his glint is a little underrated, but is fair when considering limited uses. Combine it with his trance LM, and he can do Corsair things very quickly.

Shit, this FFV banner looks so good. Going to suck trying to resist pulling Bartz needs to be fed more relics

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...d0&sh=3096351f

Crap on a crap cracker. Rem is busted.

21 hit arcane, awakening is doublecast Holy element + high quickcast cycle + unlimited holy element hones, glint is instant en-holy stack and refresh 1 SB gauge.

Sadly, Eight is stuck in ice monk like Snow and Cater is a mix of Edgar machinist and Squall USB1. Eight seems to get a TGM for Monk on his LM2 along with a 50% Atk boost - pretty self sufficient.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rem is gonna have instant cast with her Awakening+USB1 lol, that's insane. On top of Triplecasts that is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

wow pecil's dive is GARBAGE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

TG Cid Awakening: 15 ST Holy/Dark/NE critical phy, Critical Chance +100%, Gathering Storm, Thunder God Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1
    Thunder God Awakening Mode: Unlimited Knight or Darkness Hones, Knight or Darkness Ability Boost, Dualcast Knight or Darkness

And his Arcane is a 20+1 type.

His ability double from USB won't stack with this though so there's no point in stacking them.

wow that's not a power creep, that's a power sprint

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You might even say it's an insane...bolt.

I hope you feel ashamed of yourself for that

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    You might even say it's an insane...bolt.

I had to read it 3 times, my brain kept translating the pun as Usain Bolt

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt )

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I had to read it 3 times, my brain kept translating the pun as Usain Bolt

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt )
    /ranierw.jpg

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

FWP - Getting Tidus USB threw out my Ice Crystal calculations out the window. Was only going to do R4 Dark Leviathian, Chain Waterja, and Stormspell strike. I'm about 90 short to R4 Sapphire Blitz.

meh wasn't paying attention to where I was posting

Is the newest event bugged or am I missing something? Killing the bombs reports no damage delivered towards the goal

BG Level

I think it's bugged.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You need to do as much damage as possible to a bomb then RW

BG Level

Fucking duh.... Jesus.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Is the newest event bugged or am I missing something? Killing the bombs reports no damage delivered towards the goal
    Do as much damage as you can without killing the bomb, then use RW.