+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If anything, remove your w-cast materia. Can potentially bite you in the ass killing a bomb accidentally.

Yup, thanks for the heads up

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tons of good stuff coming up! JP's Golden week goodies are all here: Orbfest, Gift dungeons, story event, LDs (seems like it's physical, magical and healer banners), a free 33 relic pull and usual selection gem banners. There's also an holiday dungeon apparently? Seems winter themed so probably not coming soon.

For our regular events we have FFX, FFXIV and then FFIX with their respective Torment dungeons, new CT with Xande and Fire magicites.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So they're giving us bomb fest in november and 4th anniversary is an almost 5 month wait?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So they're giving us bomb fest in november and 4th anniversary is an almost 5 month wait?
    There are no banners for this Golden Festival so we're getting the regular Christmas Fest next month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    There are no banners for this Golden Festival so we're getting the regular Christmas Fest next month.
    Heres to hoping.

I desperately need black crystals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bit of JP news: Lightning and Firion get Knight 5* access (and 6* as well obviously).
    Terra now has wind tech with her new USB, Lightning gets Enholy and holy chase+ front row Quickcast after using holy abilities.
    These Dissidia banners are insanely good.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

WE HAVE TOO MUCH HOLY COME ON

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I get why Lightning gains Knight and holy...but come on thats dumb.

It looks like now, with Squall getting an elemental facelift a bit ago and now Terra/Lightning, that instead of scraping the character barrel for new entries they're rounding out popular ones with new elements. Outside of Bartz where it makes sense, I hope this doesn't lead to only needing a handful of characters to complete all content reliably.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nah, they'll probably just make bosses rotate weakness between various elements depending on the health of the boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I honestly don't mind, it means you can use your favorite characters on multiple bosses instead of being locked into one element (assuming you pull these new relics). Firion's Knight buff is way too late to the party though, he's had Enholy for ages.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, people were always complaining that they couldn't use their favorites all the time and now they're getting more reason to do so.

I have no idea if holy for lightning makes sense but at least it's consistent in realm with hope?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

USB select dilema. Pretty sure for LMR I will finally take OK's.

I lucked into Aerith's USB2 with the healer draw, though there are a few holes for magicites (Chupon specifically) and some rare USB's that we don't see again that I am considering.

Here is what I have:

Healing: Aerith USB2, Relm USB, Larsa USB
    Support: OK m/pUSB, Sazh USB, Mog BSB, Ramza BSB2, Tyro USB1, Quistis USB, Red USB
    Standout USB's: Bartz1/2, Vivi, Terra, Celes, TGC, Cloud USB1/2

Now for what I am considering:

Healing:
    Elarra USB - I have Aerith now, but this may replace Relm in my mage teams. (No additional gear)

Support:
    Tyro USB3 - Godwall has a lot of uses. (Have USB1, LMR)
    Mog USB - An underrated buff. (Have BSB, LMR)
    Edward USB - Similar to Mog, but packing Hastega. Lost in the noise with OK mUSB. (No additional gear)

Damage:
    Ice is overall weakest, and wind magic is 2nd weakest.

Ysayla USB - Solid ice tech. (Have Imperil LMR and SSB)
    Rinoa USB - Same as above, but have more for her. (Have ASB, Glint, Mag Boost LMR, Chain)
    Alphinaud USB - One of the few BSB users thats relevant. (Have his BSB, SSB)
    Barbarriccia USB - Have Fujin already, so with her and Vivi not sure she is needed. (No additional gear)

"Completion" USB's:
    Shadow USB - I have his BSB and he is dived. This would complete a physical dark offering behind Sephiroth and TG Cid.
    Rem USB - Have her BSB and dive done, as well as her chase LMR.
    Lightning USB - Would complete a lightning physical team behind Reno and Edgar.
    Raines USB - Same as Rem, but with an easier to buff Mag focus.
    Ashe USB - Has eluded me forever. Have everything else for her.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I can't advise tyro usb3 - I have it and it barely makes any of my magi teams. It's fun for other content though.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'd say Tyro USB3 is only good for teams that have Chain 2.0

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tyro usb is fun and all, but Quistis (or some other) USB (if I remember how it works right) is more useful in team compositions for "difficult" fights since DeNa has been making it so that you have wall one way or the other.

BG Level

Basch/Yuffie USB is what you're thinking about (Haste, ATK/MAG boost, Proshellga). Mog USB2 also does it but no boost (Penta Break). Quistis Glint has instant ProShellga + HP bubble (30%)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd actually consider Basch USB2 if it was available.

I think I'm down to considering Elarra, Ysayle, or Rinoa. They have the most upside with upcoming content IMHO, but I hate to waste the pick on Elarra when I just got Aerith.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Elarra works on mage teams unlike Aerith. The issue is that Rosa is eventually getting a clone of that so it's up to you, could wait for hers even if she has an awful dive.

BG Level

Your Ice Magic team can actually be servicable with Rinoa Chain + Vivi. Adding Palom USB from select adds even more versatility since he can slot in for any other team as long as you have a chain (same as Vivi).

Vivi and Palom have different advantages and disadvantages. Vivi gets higher w-cast procs, but it requires trance. Also to max out Vivi you need his LMR. Also his entry is Fire + NE.

Palom has Ice + Lightning entry. Lower frequency on w-cast procs, but it's standard on LM2. LM1 also doesn't have a double edge unlike the slow cast of Vivi LMR

Yasale USB has chase. Serah USB has quick cast cycling.

Hold up on anything Wind if you're planning to pull on XIV Banner 1 this Thursday. Wind Chain 2.0, Brave USB, and Glint for Alphinaud.

Elarra is a safe choice, but Relm is only slightly behind that you may get larger gains elsewhere.