She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anime Strike is dead. Long live Amazon Prime!

Thought people might want to know. Mods, if you think this is the wrong forum, go ahead and move it, and sorry for any trouble.

Amazon closes Anime Strike; content moved to Amazon Prime

This is good news for me; I kept thinking that if things get better, I might spring for Prime, but a fee on top of that $100 just so I could watch animu is too much. (I'm rather frugal minded; that means I don't like wasting money or anything.) If things do get better, i'm going to be looking forward to some anime binging..

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hahaha that's fantastic news

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

See if you can find a willing family member and do this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200444180

split the cost in half and it's essentially 50 dollars a year!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My cousin gives me Amazon Prime benefits. I give her Netflix. I pay slightly more (due to having the most expensive plan) but it works out fine by me.

Thanks for this. Wanted to watch made in abyss since I heard about it but I wasn't about to pay extra for it. Got enough monthly shit.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Stig; right now the only one in the house that has Prime is my middle brother, and he isn't sharing. I have asked. So I'd prolly have to get it myself; since I buy a lot of stuff off Amazon anyway, if I had the money I think it'd be totally worth it.

But if it ain't in my budget, it ain't in my budget.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Stig; right now the only one in the house that has Prime is my middle brother, and he isn't sharing.
    That is rather fucked up considering you're both in the same home too. There's absolutely no downsides to it either. I'm sorry for that. It's not even account sharing, he goes in and puts in your e-mail........ Amazon states that the buying card must be the same, but I'm not sure if the UK/US differences apply here as i share with my sister but we both use our own credit cards to pay for goods. Except I pay 100% for prime and she just sends me half of the cost my way each year.

Ironically, it's what I face at work at lot constantly. I keep saying that the simplest things to achieve is always the hardest.

So he won't share even if you give him half of the cost?; you can try to flip it around. If anyone else but him has Amazon and wants prime........ maybe try to convince them to join with you. Just a thought.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I logged in via Android tv and easily remember how shit their UI is. If you don't know what you're looking for already, you won't find it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just got done watching Made in Abyss. Liked everything about it. The animation was beautiful. Would love to see a second season. Watching bakemonogatari now. Saw clips a little while back and this looks like it's going to be nuts.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Made in Abyss has already been greenlit for a second season, so it's got that going for it. The manga is still ongoing but barely had enough material for that though.

Regarding Amazon household, it's fantastic. My wife and I use it and can order stuff using our own accounts and still keep stuff a surprise for each other when we prefer; order history is kept completely separate, and it's all around a great experience. I would definitely bring it up if I were in your situation.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Any lists detailing what all they have? Tried to poke around but couldn't find anything.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok