• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Pretty sure nynja is just jelly. I know I am. There are people making bank just opening up toys. WHY COULDN’T I HAVE GOTTEN IN ON THAT?

I really can’t hate on those that figured out the system.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I am totally jealous. My roommate and I used to watch justin.tv and could have easily jumped in on the ground floor streaming shit during college. I never would have guessed that it'd turn into such a lucrative industry.

It's just like fucking bitcoins. I had friends buying/selling/mining bitcoins when they were worth pennies. They kept saying "one day these will be worth something." Well they used most of theirs buying drugs online, but they were actually right. If they saved them they could have made some good money.

Sucks to see this stuff in hindsight and realize you missed out on something.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Being an “influencer” is literally the equivalent of 5 minutes of fame.

Wasnt there an insta model who had her shit closed down and made a huge post how she needs her insta acct back and all her followers because she legit has no idea how to be a competent human being?

Found it
    https://www.indy100.com/article/jess...eleted-8863851
    Isnt this what everyone says about movie stars? Everyone says that to young writers and actors, and it usually sticks, except that 1:1000 that actually makes it, because then they're super talented and everyone knew they'd be amazing from the beginning.

Only problem now is people dont have to move to california to make it happen. They just need a decent computer and internet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Then there's the other side of having the 5 minutes of fame - crazy ass mofos that think they are the one for you then decide to stalk and/or murder/suicide.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...28706878029824

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Wtf is a beta orbiter

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Idk who wouldn’t want to be a YouTuber or twitch steamer. You can make a lot of money essentially doing what you love(your mileage may vary). These guys are the celebrities of the internet generation, them wanting to be “influencers” is no different than us wanting to be tv or movie stars. Celebrities are celebrities.

To me, I’d chose to spend a day with anyone at Achievement hunter over a single tv or movie star. I just like them more lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Plus once you break out enough you can translate your success to another platform and get your sibling some of that boost. (Jake/Logan Paul)

Shit is like wanting to be a reality TV star a decade ago.
    The reason I said it was stupid is that instead of getting a degree or learning a trade in something that is in demand and will give you a secure financial future some young people just want to be the new celebrity on the internet like people posted. The thing is your just being a whore and tricking people into buying crap and being sheep and doing whatever big companies want them to do.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh depends on how old these kids are. Perfectly normal to have those kind of dreams when you're young. I think under 18 are still in that range where maybe they just dont have their life and future figured out.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    The reason I said it was stupid is that instead of getting a degree or learning a trade in something that is in demand and will give you a secure financial future some young people just want to be the new celebrity on the internet like people posted. The thing is your just being a whore and tricking people into buying crap and being sheep and doing whatever big companies want them to do.
    A tale as old as time!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Why isn't entertainment a trade again?

Like, I do believe they should have something to fall back on, but that really goes for any career pursuit.

I think this medium is just so new to us, and saturated, that it's easy to get all old man yells at cloud on it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Because this will go to the wayside, like beanie babies did, like collective plates, like sports cards, like magic cards, like nortel, like crypto...

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The saturation is a problem. I also think it leads to people not taking education or other programs seriously because they believe they can be the next influencer/streamer/YouTuber that makes it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Then there's the other side of having the 5 minutes of fame - crazy ass mofos that think they are the one for you then decide to stalk and/or murder/suicide.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...28706878029824
    She didn't get that 5 minutes of fame until after her death. Her profile was very minimal up to that point.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Because this will go to the wayside, like beanie babies did, like collective plates, like sports cards, like magic cards, like nortel, like crypto...
    I'm not sure it will disappear so easily. As long as social media continues to exist there will be people able to use it to make a living. Not to mention the increased rate at which people cut the cord, they're looking for new, free mediums to watch.

Not to say Twitch will always be the platform of choice for video game streaming, but I don't think it'll go away any time soon, especially if games continue to demand more resources from the machine they're running on to further push newer tech like VR. Not everyone can afford the equipment or has the time to play shit, I know I don't anymore, and it's easier to put someone else playing on in the background as you do other things.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Influencers is the next big bubble I like Nynjas take.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Slow your role fam, magic cards haven't gone anywhere.

They release new sets regularly, and with MTG Arena WOTC is cashing in on those digital dollars from microtransactions.

You could argue this is potentially the most lucrative they have ever been since with the digital platform there is less physical product to produce, package, and ship.

You go from producing individual cards for individual customers to producing one digital card for every digital customer.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I cry when I think about how I sold my magic cards at the height of the crash back in 2000, and then look at how much my old tourney deck alone retails for now, just on the 12 dual land cards I rolled with.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Physical MTG cards are worth more now than they have ever been. It is insane. I don't play much anymore but I kept all my cards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I cry when I think about how I sold my magic cards at the height of the crash back in 2000, and then look at how much my old tourney deck alone retails for now, just on the 12 dual land cards I rolled with.
    I got rid of mine in a move since hadn't played for a long time and was running out of packing time and super depressed and god I had ridiculous amounts. No dual lands but I had a ton of randoms from drafts/seal as well as full play sets from like 1st mirrodin block to iirc end of Ravnica block. I'm too scared to see how much it would be worth now

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

MTG cards, Baseball cards, and comic books I have never gotten rid of any no matter how much of a pain in the ass it was. I have dragged them all over. My dad told me tales when I was a kid about how he had Micky Mantle rookie cards and Babe Ruth cards and they used to throw them in the street for games. (he was born in '33) and it scarred me so now I can't get rid of my collectibles. Oh yeah not to mention the massively valuable comic books he had as a kid. All of it gone. There was no "save stuff" culture back then and when he went into the Navy everything he owned went with him in his duffle bag.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont even know where all my old cards are.

POG's too, oh man those were something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag