• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

California man high on drug crashes car into the second story of an office building after speeding and hitting a divider.

Spoiler: show

Surveillance video of the incident from two points of view...one was from a bus that was in the path of the car.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/1...-in-santa-ana/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Holy shit!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yo, people taking GTA way too serious

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New year New California

Gdi my county better get it's shit together. It seems right on the border but varying makes aren't in agreement on which side.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Whenever people spoke about how huge Cali is and wanting to split it, I've assumed it was just trolling. Didn't actually think this was a thing lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Whenever people spoke about how huge Cali is and wanting to split it, I've assumed it was just trolling. Didn't actually think this was a thing lol

It comes up almost every year and fails.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm personally looking forward to the New California Republic.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lol nah. Also feels like a ploy to get another Red state.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    It comes up almost every year and fails.
    Last year (or maybe the year before I forget) it was 6 different californias !

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Realistically speaking Cali (Texas too) are too big. A lot of the considerations when we formed our government and the idea of states was based on smaller regions that can best govern themselves and having at least semi similar levels of economic and political power for national concerns. The populations and economic imbalances causes a bit of problems on the national level. And the large and varied geography and population kind of defeats the purpose of state wide legislation in a way as you get one region pushing for laws that make total sense there (or at least the people think that) that fuck large parts of the rest of the state. So basically the shit storm we see on the national level

It's also never going to happen

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The best part is if you look at the map, half the counties in "New California" had no input in the proposal.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Last year (or maybe the year before I forget) it was 6 different californias !

Realistically speaking Cali (Texas too) are too big. A lot of the considerations when we formed our government and the idea of states was based on smaller regions that can best govern themselves and having at least semi similar levels of economic and political power for national concerns. The populations and economic imbalances causes a bit of problems on the national level. And the large and varied geography and population kind of defeats the purpose of state wide legislation in a way as you get one region pushing for laws that make total sense there (or at least the people think that) that fuck large parts of the rest of the state. So basically the shit storm we see on the national level

It's also never going to happen
    The biggest county here in cali is San Bernardino County, but it only has 1/5th the population as Los Angeles County. Oddly enough Los Angeles is only 1/5th the size in square miles as San Bernardino.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I can't find the original article but two parents have apparently been keeping their 13 kids captive their whole lives and secret from the world. Most of them were found chained to beds. http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/us/tur...ews/index.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    The best part is if you look at the map, half the counties in "New California" had no input in the proposal.
    The news articles are basically using random maps. The site actually has several that divide them out by things like if they are agreed thinking about it already signed up or none of the above. It's still a work in progress kind of curious how far it will go

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I can't find the original article but two parents have apparently been keeping their 13 kids captive their whole lives and secret from the world. Most of them were found chained to beds. http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/us/tur...ews/index.html
    All over the news here. People are questioning if some of the kids were even conceived by the mother suggesting that the father was raping and impregnating some of the daughters. Also there was an interview where one of the neighbors claimed to see some of the kids planting sod at 11pm at night which is fueling speculation that there may dead bodies buried in the front yard.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    All over the news here. People are questioning if some of the kids were even conceived by the mother suggesting that the father was raping and impregnating some of the daughters. Also there was an interview where one of the neighbors claimed to see some of the kids planting sod at 11pm at night which is fueling speculation that there may dead bodies buried in the front yard.
    It is a giant fucking mess and those parents are monsters. This story will develop and just keep getting worse I fear. At least they are in custody now.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I have been watching the news reports about this. I am usually pretty tough natured when it comes to news reports about the horrors that go on in this world but this one has gotten to me.

Warning! Reading this news article may make you sick to your stomach.

NSFL

These people need to be taken to the nearest landfill, shot in the head, and left there with the rest of the trash.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

”About the only thing the children were allowed to do in their rooms or chained up was to write in journals," Hestrin said. "We now have recovered those journals, hundreds of them."
    when do these get released, i bet they will be fascinating

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I have been watching the news reports about this. I am usually pretty tough natured when it comes to news reports about the horrors that go on in this world but this one has gotten to me.

Warning! Reading this news article may make you sick to your stomach.

NSFL

These people need to be taken to the nearest landfill, shot in the head, and left there with the rest of the trash.

Not only is this story horrific, if you finish it you get to see headlines for other stories involving the death of children.

I want to vomit.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are we talking about people I hope get raped and tortured in prison?

Can I join?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3764083

No, seriously, I want this guy to live a long life of extreme pain and suffering. And given how well child molesters are treated in prison... I'm gonna get my wish.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So looks like the police are bringing in cadaver sniffing dogs to search the home of the parents that chained up those kids. Also they are going to do DNA testing on all of the kids so shit is about to get worse if everyone’s speculation turns out to be true.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag