Closed Thread
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Shit like ELeague and Capcom Cup is like winning 8 EVOs now and so much more important for these pros to win.

I imagine both those games had some sort of pot bonus, but nothing close to the payout in these other events.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Shit like ELeague and Capcom Cup is like winning 8 EVOs now and so much more important for these pros to win.

I imagine both those games had some sort of pot bonus, but nothing close to the payout in these other events.
    You play the masters for the jacket, not the money.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Evo having whack payouts has been a thing since day 1. Everyone just seems to forget about it each year until someone starts complaining about it again.

I remember they changed the payouts to be more "fair" during the year Xian won in SF4, and everyone made fun of the payouts anyway cause Xian won a lot less compared to if he had won the previous year.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think one of the Cannons mentioned during a Reddit AmA that they did try to even out the payouts one year (guess it was Xian's year that you mentioned?) and they received a lot of backlash over it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Just watched the SFV GF, where's the hype in this? Maybe I'm just jaded, but I didn't see anything to be excited about.

BG Level

You would just think by now they would be able to get some respectable money in the pot. You could make more $ selling hotdogs on finals day than actually Top 8ing your game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With as many sponsors as Evo has you'd think that money would go to the prize pools, but look at DBFZ, not a single extra dollar past the entry fees.

Something something McRibs

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    If anyone can just learn to be great, then why don't we see randoms from Wisconsin winning big NA Majors? We rarely see big names pop up out of no where, because its hard to become great if you don't have a strong local community to incubate in.
    CoolKid made top 8 but he's primarily a netplay monster. As much as media loves to jerk off his relation to Chicago, he's pretty much Wolfkrone except with all the bad parts offloaded onto another person. So it's definitely possible, but it definitely requires more work.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Just watched the SFV GF, where's the hype in this? Maybe I'm just jaded, but I didn't see anything to be excited about.
    Breh, what were you expecting? It's Buttons Fighter 5. Oh, you didn't find those DBEZ-esque block string that went on for 15+ seconds, where Tokido was blocking from one side of the screen to the other?

You weren't the only one who found it boring. SF5 GF peaked at like 160kish views LULZ.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ben Pack, the interviewer, is 6 foot 10, that's why everyone looks like a midget compared to him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Frame Fighter Introduced within Warframe, 1v1 2D Arcade Mode
    The Street Fighter-style mini-game is unashamedly titled “Frame Fighter” and it sees characters going toe to toe on a traditional 2D plane with health bars displayed above their heads. Players can choose from Excalibur, Volt, and Mag; each with their own set of special moves and characteristics. While Excalibur can activate a ground pound maneuver, for example, Volt is armed with anti-air electrical bolts. Once the battle begins, the first character to win two out of three rounds by way of knock-out is the champion. The fighters also have “prime” variations and more base characters can be unlocked by discovering fragments within the game.

Frame Fighter can be accessed through Warframe’s Cephalon Simaris area and purchasing the Ludoplex for 50,000 credits of the in-game currency Standing.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/warfram...ter-mini-game/

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Evo 2018 - It's called a Ki Blast

Has anyone tried last blade 2 on the PS4 here?

Edit: not sure why I even ask. Bought it anyways lol

BG Level

So is UNIST worth the $?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean the game is good, but you're not likely to have anyone to play against online except a handful of veteran players after like a month, like most anime games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's the only fighting game I really play these days tbh. But I have a local with ~half a dozen of people who regularly play so ymmv.

If you want to give it a shot, you should check out the UNIST character primers. The Akatsuki one was written by the 2018 EVO champion, Squish, and the Enkidu is maintained by Saikyo, who came in 3rd: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IuTRtZ4UM/edit

BG Level

Looks like Valle has proved, again, that SCR is the worst ran and planned major in the business. They accepted lots of last minute registrations and actually moved people that registered months ago, and were already assigned pools, out of their current pool late last night. Unless you happened to look at Twitter this morning or last night and follow the right people, you would have no idea.

chrisG and others all were moved to earlier pools, without knowledge, and got DQ’d lol. Literally the only thing I was going to watch this for was some US vs JP DBFZ.

BG Level

RIP Infiltration. Dude is toast.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I haven't seen a whole lotta chatter on fgc twitter yet except for a couple small potshots but yea, this is gonna be the talk for the next couple days. Kappa going in hard, as expected. Isn't he suppose to be at TGS this weekend?

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast