Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

OmgItzAndre getting banned left and right from tournament series. It is about damn time.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Evo 2018 - It's called a Ki Blast

This nigga is so full of shit lmao. “I’m hood first, gamer second.” Man shut the fuck up. You’d get murk’d in a heartbeat on some “hood shit” you sawft looking ass motherfucka.

BG Level

He made it private. There was another video he had up, yesterday, too that was even more pathetic. It was basically filled with:

"Um..."
    "uh uh uh"
    "Nah wait, uh"
    "Well actually, really though"

And it was just him recording, with himself....what an absolute moron. He also used the excuse, "I'm weak, anyone can hold me back if they wanted" (paraphrasing). Fucking lol @ "I'm hood". Dude, anyone that wears Pokemon hats and Spiderman t-shirts in public is as far from "hood" as it gets. If anyone from BG wears that shit, just stop. It makes you look like an idiot and unemployable.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Good to see after almost 10 years dude is still a manchild, lol.

That shit cray. The pussy is so easy to get and this nigga fronting and begging and shit. Then beating on women who actually are down for him. What a bitch made dude.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Saw this on kappa this morning. Is MVCI really this much of a ghosttown, or is this the pc adoption rate problem I've been hearing about? (genuinely curious).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why not both

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    And it was just him recording, with himself....what an absolute moron. He also used the excuse, "I'm weak, anyone can hold me back if they wanted" (paraphrasing). Fucking lol @ "I'm hood". Dude, anyone that wears Pokemon hats and Spiderman t-shirts in public is as far from "hood" as it gets. If anyone from BG wears that shit, just stop. It makes you look like an idiot and unemployable.
    I agree on the target Pokemon snap backs, but whats wrong with a simple marvel shirt? Don't hate broham

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I agree on the target Pokemon snap backs, but whats wrong with a simple marvel shirt? Don't hate broham
    Bro his go-to wardrobe is whack ass Marvel t-shirts. If you're going to the midnight release of something, whatever, rock it. If you're going to dinner, leave that shit at home.

Edit: It really isn't the t-shirts. It is the snapbacks and the zip-down hoodies they also wear on top of the T that makes them look foolish. Like one of those cars with Skittles or M&Ms all over it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Is MVCI really this much of a ghosttown, or is this the pc adoption rate problem I've been hearing about? (genuinely curious).
    Depends on how you judge. If you're going by number of people playing on Steam, or number of Twitch streamers, it's not popular. If you're going by tournament entrants at the five most recent NA "majors":

NWM IX.5: 49 entrants (3rd most behind SF5 and TK7)
    Canada Cup 2017: 169 entrants (2nd most behind SF5)
    NEC 18: 163 entrants (3rd most behind SF5 and TK7)
    Kumite in Tennessee: 75 entrants (4th most behind TK7, IJ2, and SF5)
    Frosty Faustings X: 140 entrants (4th most behind Rev2, SF5, and TK7)

So from a tournament entry standpoint, MVCI has been consistently behind SF5 and TK7 but consistently ahead of every other fighting game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Eh that's not bad then. And about on par considering the issues surrounding the release. I have a feeling the fighting games division of Capcom will be on the back burner for a while.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So Capcom made a game no one wants to play or watch, but people still feel obligated to play because money is being thrown at it.

Sounds par for the course.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Not defending it at all, but to be fair I work a job I hate for money; so getting good at a fighting game you hate for a chance at a sizeable payout isn't that surprising.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

wait did andre not actually go to jail for the fraud stuff last year, what the hell

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    So Capcom made a game no one wants to play or watch, but people still feel obligated to play because money is being thrown at it.
    If desperate haters can still cling to this meme after 2 years of SF5 being the most popular fighting game at every tournament, MVCI should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If desperate haters can still cling to this meme after 2 years of SF5 being the most popular fighting game at every tournament, MVCI should be a piece of cake in comparison.
    You understand tho the reason sf5 is so popular is because of how much money capcom and sony backed it up with, and capcom cup / evo having huge payouts. I wouldn’t be surprised if dbfz completely topples sf5 this entire year in tournaments, but you hate arcsys so you won’t accept that fact ever. Sf5 and mvci is trash no matter what, but the popularity now is solely based on the payouts thanks to the publisher and developer.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

SF5 isn't trash anymore. Its hilarious now, which is a good thing.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    SF5 isn't trash anymore. Its hilarious now, which is a good thing.
    Is this an Abigail reference? lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Possibly. I can't not love watching him in a serious tournament. The damage, the stupid range, the safe pokes.

I love that character so much.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

always been a grappler fan at heart so abigail is cool in my book even though he did get buffed a bit too much this season.

also commercial success (which is great, glad to see dbz well-received) doesn't necessarily have anything to do with level or amount of competitive play. i'm not sure if something like evo with a long history is ready to embrace a non street fighter (even if it were another capcom game) game to headline, but that may be an issue next year, who knows.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Let's be real, DBFZ is successful because it's DBZ. Even the poop Xenoverse games reach the 2-3mil+ mark in sales. It hit that perfect storm of being an actual fighting game to court an FGC that's angry at Capcom and still keep the same people that buy all the other DBZ games. The game was poppin' at NLBC and WNF so it's highly likely it'll keep it's high entry numbers for the next couple months and into EVO. I wanna see how high tournament entrants are for Final Round since it's the only game I think Big E didn't put a cap.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast