Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought the current target of the Two Minutes Hate was MVCI. We're back on SF5 again?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Everyone who hated anime, now loves anime except for one person. We get it!!!
    Oh I still can't stand watching or playing any other Arcsys game, but I'll acknowledge the work they put into them. I'm glad they nailed the fuck out of this game, because THIS is an anime fighter with Characters I care about.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

too old and crochety to play competitively myself, so as a spectator: trying to enjoy watching dbfz but haven't seen anything really grab my attention yet. any good match links out there to really showcase the game yet?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    too old and crochety to play competitively myself, so as a spectator: trying to enjoy watching dbfz but haven't seen anything really grab my attention yet. any good match links out there to really showcase the game yet?
    Just watch SonicFox

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to an ArcSys-created SF game if they kept Capcom's fighting elements in (meaning no air dashing etc).
    This game essentially already exists. It's Third Strike.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Third Strike remake by ArcSys would be ultra lit.

I wonder what they do after the 8 characters drop? Super Saiyan edition and then what?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

HahahhahahahahahhaahhhAHAHahahah......HAHAHAHHAHAH A

https://compete.kotaku.com/marvel-vs...ium=Socialflow

Edit: Wait, why am I laughing? It was obvious.

So they released a half finished game (and that's being generous) so they could squeeze it into the 2017 pro tour only for it to get left off the 2018 pro tour. This is too fucking good.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You can't defend this anymore. Even Capcom refuses to openly.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i think this is a representation of MvCI

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah but a lot of people played it at some tournament. The game is alive and well and Capcom is just being petty obv

BG Level

Hahahaha, Kran damn be easier on um. Really though, I can’t recall a single, memorable match of MvCI. It seems like one of those games that people don’t travel to tourneys for, but just enter because they are already going for some other game.

Fanatiq probbaly is holding the biggest L in all of this. Dude is broke af at 30-ish, with no career, and was banking on MVCI bringing back his 40 stream viewers and praying for a tourney payout to get him out of his parents house. He has been looking real brilliant on social media the last week.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh man i haven't heard that name in quite a while. has he even been relevant in mvc3 the last few years?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I wonder what they do after the 8 characters drop? Super Saiyan edition and then what?
    Whatever they do, I hope they allow people to keep upgrading to further revisions (like SSF4, or better yet, make the revisions free and just keep selling character/packs/story DLC, as well as updated full game releases). If there is one thing that could kill DBFZ playerbase, it is the buy a new disc every 1-2 years ASW bullshit.

BG Level

Fanatiq was never relevant in MVC3 outside of a few West coast tourneys that had no competition and fake payouts (they literally advertised like $20k and never paid out). He wasn't even relevant in MVC2 (never considered even a top 20 player by anyone worth a fuck) outside of being loud, using a pad with single button, mapped dashes (fraud), and losing a massive money match to another guy who was above-average, at best, in Texas. He eventually ran it back and won a big money match against the guy (I think it was Toan), but it wasn't even his own money he put up or won; he won with a poker player's money that was into the scene, at the time. I was actually there in person for it and should remember, but can't. I just remember AirBrushKing set it up, I think? Oh well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well, relevant at least in the sense that he was a name you'd actually hear and he entered shit and at least didn't 0-2 every tournament. he was sponsored by that garbage controller company (afterglow, who i'm pretty sure ceased to exist quite some time ago) and popped up a lot in the earlier eras of u/mvc3!

i remember that west coast tourney though, that was revelations in 2012 right? the gulf between what they'd advertised in the run-up versus the reality was pretty amazing. everyone called out the fraud well in advance but i believe it was fanatiq and a few other big names were on the payroll shilling it hard all the way through to the end, lol.

anyway, i just thought it was a bit weird that someone who fell off the FGC map years ago had anything staked on the release of a new game. you weren't kidding about holding those Ls though, holy shit. this guy is on a roll of massive public self-owns, lol https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/961738157602385920

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Only thing he's known for in UMVC3 is getting washed by Nemo in a money match that folks actually put money on Fanatiq for.

It's aight tho. Now he's predicting DBFZ's downfall and trying to be Nostradamus.

BG Level

He's also going on about "quitting the FGC again". Like...dude, you sucked in the first place and next to no one gives a shit lol.

remember when capcucks kept trying to reassure us that MVCI and Trash Fighter 5 needed a lot of cosmetic work, "but the core gameplay is fine"???

ROFLMAO. Since day 1, both game's gameplay was the core problem. It genuinely felt like I was in some bizarre alternate dimension.

And to think, there exists retarded fucks who actually think SF5 would still be played if Capcom pulled support/money/CPT from Duty Fighter 5.

Arcsystem praise be.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've still seen complaints about the online and how the roster/core gameplay of DBFZ is a bit shallow, but it's no where near comparable in terms of it's problems compared to Capcom's side of things. Thank god Monster Hunter doesn't let any of those fucks near their stuff, LOL.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast