Closed Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The difference between SonicFox and everyone else is so dramatic.

Are we about to see a repeat of his Injustice 1 reign of terror?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This Vegeta SSGSS pressure tho

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

This commentary for DBZ jesus, have to mute the stream.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ChrisG vs SonicFox is coming up next for DBFZ

Jesus, watching Knuckle Du vs this no name Nephew just reminds you how fucking awful SF5 is.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give a character a spammable/safe crush counter like Kolin's back hand button? No name dude did nothing except spam that fucking safe ass move at mid range and fished for crush counter. And then multiple moves that just allow her to slide right by booms like they were nothing. Bitch is covering the entire screen with her skating in one attack.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Vegeta must be SonicFox's weakness

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Chris Jitters are back with a vengeance

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That was fucking wild to watch

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The degree to which Fox adjusted after having only played a single set against him was ridiculous.

From getting 2-0 to wiping the floor with Chris in 6 straight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What sonicfox said about this game being just running 3 points looks like it's turning out to be true, those anchor vegetas looking like dead weight when people are playing clean.

These DBZ matches lasting a little too long for my liking. Like, Smash level long (don't ask me how I know fuck off).

This game needs a better Xfactor/come back mechanic. The matches fee like they drag on forever.

It's a 3 vs 3 game, there is zero excuse for why a match should last that long when one person is down to 1 character vs the other's 3. UMVC3 was perfect in this respect. There was always that anticipation/excitement of a comeback. It could be stupidly fast and painful if the person with 3 character slips up. But in this game, there's literally zero hope of a come back because sparkling is too weak of a come back mechanic. So it just ends up looking like climbing a giant hill very god damn slowly only to eventually lose everytime.

Drag-on Ball FighterZ indeed.

Swear on me mum mate, this game needs only a few minor tweak and it'll be great.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

First we complain about how every new age fighting game has too strong comeback mechanics, now we complain they are too weak...

Maybe the guy that lost 2 characters is the worse player and deserves to lose. The only reason matches drag out is because sparking Regen is too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    First we complain about how every new age fighting game has too strong comeback mechanics, now we complain they are too weak...

Maybe the guy that lost 2 characters is the worse player and deserves to lose. The only reason matches drag out is because sparking Regen is too strong.
    Gotta find that perfect balance bruh.

The damage overall is just too low in this game. I'm too used to Capcom's way of vs game.

No reason for a VS game to require so many touches to kill. It's Dragon BallZ AND a VS game, why the fuck is the damage so low across the board. A low skill ceiling game like this should not be compounded by slog-ish gameplay. Spectator fatigue is real.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I think a huge nerf to recovery would help. Sonic destroys people because he's the only one comfortable tagging anyone out the second they're below 50% health. Then that chracter returns to full while he slowly chews through the opponents team. If healing wan't so strong, this sort of strategy wouldn't cause matches to drag.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean snapbacks are already really efficient in this game, remove all blue health from a tagged out character and you can combo into one whenever for 1 bar.

The amount of health you can regen out of a level 2/3 sparking is really silly thou. At least some characters like hit and frieza can kind of get around it with their level 3s on low health characters, by stopping regen during the animation or being a single hit. I wonder if ASW intentionally balanced them like that, considering how strong 16 is for example, but his level 3 does literally nothing against sparking regen.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed. The other change I'd like to see is vanish costing 2 meters. I'm okay with the mechanic, but I think it's used a bit too carelessly in pressure with how high meter gain is. I'm okay with it in neutral because it punishable but doing an unsafe move into vanish and being able to continue pressure is a bit much. Also makes it so hit confirms in neutral off of beams isn't pretty much free.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Idk, maybe raw vanish can cost 2 bars but only 1 if you cancel from a move? Some characters need vanish to extend combos, and this game's combo system is already pretty 1 dimensional.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It would have to be 1 on hit or it wouldn't be worth it to change. There's already moves that differ on block vs on hit I believe. Either that or increase the recovery to make it negative and lose your turn.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I mean snapbacks are already really efficient in this game, remove all blue health from a tagged out character and you can combo into one whenever for 1 bar.

The amount of health you can regen out of a level 2/3 sparking is really silly thou. At least some characters like hit and frieza can kind of get around it with their level 3s on low health characters, by stopping regen during the animation or being a single hit. I wonder if ASW intentionally balanced them like that, considering how strong 16 is for example, but his level 3 does literally nothing against sparking regen.
    Never use level 3s against sparking unless you have a 100% confirmed kill. Level 1s cut off a % of blue health (I've heard 50 thrown around but not 100% sure).

Also, Rev 2.1 is up on PSN. Should be up on PC within the next 24 hours I would hope.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah but I mean 16 usually can't kill vs the regen even if the opponents life is low enough, because the damage is dealt slowly across the animation. By comparison, frieza's is single hit so it works fine, hit's freezes the regen, etc.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast