Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think marvel’s ugly ass is no longer fit to appear at the grandest stage of them all!

Not gonna lie but, IJ2 and Guilty gear had a ton of hype last year. Marvel infinite, as much as you can defend it, has 0 hype, prolly would need to pay me to pretend to be hype for the game. That’s negative hype, marvel infinite is in hype debt, and it owes me hype.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I, for one, am looking forward to 10-year-old BlazBlue sprites on the main stage. It might even reach 500 entrants this year!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

MarkMan didn't outright say it but basically alluded to Marvel/Disney being the one that wasn't cooperative.

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/961290418984910848

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

markman insinuated pretty heavily that it was ultimately marvel behind the decision to axe MVCI from the lineup. who knows if that's true or not, but if disney had onerous revenue-sharing demands to give the green light it might not have made business sense to bother with including it.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

If I was at Marvel and in charge of those decisions, there is no way I would let that product represent my brand at EVO. It is an embarrassment.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not even on the 2018 Pro Tour right?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Afaik, there’s no mention, but we’ll get full confirmation on Feb 19. Kinda tells you what Capcom thinks of their own product if they don’t include it. I think all the love definitely went to Monster Hunter, no complaints there.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, this is MrWiz's "Do people even remember who the X-Men are?" moment: No one plays Marvel anymore.

He can't even finish the sentence without admitting that oh yeah, they just had a tournament with a "decent" amount of people. But anyway guys, let me tell you some more about BlazBlue, which totally has lots of people entering tournaments!

If MVCI isn't at Evo because ArcSys was willing to pay to move BB/GG ahead in line, then say that; again, at least that's a logical reason. But don't give us this okey-doke "nobody plays Marvel" nonsense as you include tumbleweed games that would consider themselves to be Taking Over The Scene if they had MVCI's entry numbers.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Wiz is a disgusting fat fuck who sweats bacon grease and considers carrot cake a healthy vegetable alternative. Dude does whatever’s best for his pocket. Stop trying figure out any other logic besides that one.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Expecting Marvel/Disney to care about a mvci is silly. You're just prolonging the inevitable. The game doesn't have legs. Mvci is literally non-existant on twitch and was literally doa. Just because a couple hundred people bother to enter it at majors doesn't mean it should be headlined at Evo. Evo isn't grassroots anymore. Let it go.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

but ACtually MVCI, like SFV, is incredibly successful by SOME arbitrary metric or another and by failing to admit this you are ILLOGICAL and INCONSISTENT, which in fact overrides any judgement of failure by different arbitrary sets of metrics. you have been vanquished on the battlefield of argument, and are now obligated to acknowledge the current generation of capcom fighters as equal to or greater than games you actually enjoy. pls report for duty in ranked matches by 5:00PM eastern time

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

What in the fuck did I just read? Random punctuation, grammar and caps...

If there was a point buried somewhere amongst all that literary rubble, I missed it.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure he's just joking, lol

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Everyone who hated anime, now loves anime except for one person. We get it!!!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I'm glad the FGC is embracing anime. Capcom needs to get their shit in gear or else ArcSys will be our new overlords.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I want a Street Fighter game made by ArcSys with their graphics engine. That shit would be OP.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I want a Street Fighter game made by ArcSys with their graphics engine. That shit would be OP.
    It’ll definitely look better than HD remix sprites by a country mile. Joking of course, but i kinda picture arcsys scratching their heads baffled in programming an SF game because they don’t air dash. Lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I wouldn't be opposed to an ArcSys-created SF game if they kept Capcom's fighting elements in (meaning no air dashing etc). Their graphic style holds up far better over time. You think banana hair and basketball-sized feet are ugly NOW? Wait till we're looking back on it in 5 years. We will view it as fondly as we do most PS1 games.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hey, early 3D might have been destined to age poorly but the PS1 was the central platform of a glorious, golden era for gaming. i'd revisit that library on the regular if i actually had time to!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    What in the fuck did I just read? Random punctuation, grammar and caps...

If there was a point buried somewhere amongst all that literary rubble, I missed it.
    it's called preempting the inevitable, inane, and earnestly-argued "by YOUR logic" rebuttal while simultaneously illuminating its ultimate absurdity, look it up sometime

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SF5 carries the FGC.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast