Closed Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I've still seen complaints about the online and how the roster/core gameplay of DBFZ is a bit shallow, but it's no where near comparable in terms of it's problems compared to Capcom's side of things. Thank god Monster Hunter doesn't let any of those fucks near their stuff, LOL.
    Like 90% of the people saying this are the MVC3 players who were banking on MVCI being good because they don't have careers.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What I would say is the most valid complaint is the low execution barrier for the game. I know I've seen Welt complain about this in relation to SF IV vs SF V, where knowing that the combo in question isn't *that* difficult can take away from the hype factor.

But, I doubt it'll hold up. There was plenty of very low execution shit in Marvel 3 (shit, even I could do Spencer up grapple loops, Wolverine, or Vergil combos) and it did nothing to detract from the games hype

BG Level

That complaint instantly dies when you watch GO1, SonicFox, Kazunoko, etc play. And they have only had the game for a short time lol.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah people are already beginning to release solo 7k combos. its only a matter of time before everyone is on the top tier shit. The one thing it has going for it is that you're forced to play neutral every time a character dies. Even if the game boils doing to 1 touch kills, you STILL have to play solid neutral to win so I'm for it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm curious what the neutral will even look like in a month or two lol. So much of what people are doing now is going to get shut down by deflect.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

RIP Leffen. Looks like SonixFox got in that ass, yet again.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As expected. Leffen is amazing at smash but he's never been anything but mediocre at everything else. Which is fine cause he doesn't compete in them, but Sonic is currently the best player in multiple games lmao.

BG Level

Yo, I will laugh so hard, if this turns out to be accurate:

https://twitter.com/atryosakazaki/st...00849798045697

Not gonna lie, as fun as it is to shit on Capcom and MVCI/Trash Fighter 5, I'm seeing the same fundamental gameplay in DBFZ.

How the fuck is zoning not a viable option in a game filled with beams, fireballs, lasers, ki blast, and energy waves. What the fuck is it with this trend of killing zoning in fight games. It's one of the core pillars of what makes a deep fighter.

And of course, the stupid easy execution as well.

DBFZ can be so much more with just a few fixes off top: increase chip damage by a shit ton more than what it currently is, and for fucks sake, decrease meter gain and make meter management an actual thing. What the fuck is this bullshit, getting meter for doing damn near anything.

Game is slowly looking more and more like MVCI the more I watch. Eww.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

im with you on the increase chip dmg. and nerf the health regen on sparking holy shit that draws matches out for no reason.. Or atleast make health regen stop if a player is getting hit/combo'ed.

BG Level

The health regen on sparking is excessive lmao.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    How the fuck is zoning not a viable option in a game filled with beams, fireballs, lasers, ki blast, and energy waves.
    Zoning was never going to be a viable option in an ArcSys game.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Do people zone with ki blasts in the show? They always looked like simple finishing moves to me.

Plus, you have characters who can use them as pressure tools still. I do agree that increasing chip would go a long way though.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I haven't played the game as much as I would like, but I think Ki blasts are more important than you think for space control. Can you superdash through them? Yeah but superdash at high levels will be used sparingly. Using ki blasts to stop movement and control approach angles is important.

I agree with the chip/sparking recovery but disagree with the depth. Sure cell loops are dumb easy (still harder than anything in mvci btw), but there is a ton of high execution stuff that is yet to be found I'm sure. Frieza shit is really annoyingly difficult. Trunks as well. I'm looking the way high level play is shaping up (Ie Chrisg and sonicfoxs) and neutral will always exist due to the character incoming mechanics so that's nice. It's week 3, let everyone catch up to Sonic and let it breathe a bit more. The only thing that's gonna become stale quickly is assists. A lot are samey and pretty weak compared to Vegeta. But Vegeta sucks as a character anyways.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also, the game is dumb satisfying to play. This is one of the few games I've played where I can legitimately play for hours and not get salty.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I watched some high level matches between Chris G and Nakkiel. I think this game is going to translate very well with good commentary. Assist calls actually feel like power plays since they're on such high cool downs. And since there's no 1 touch team TOD a la Zero in MvC3, the player has more room to breathe with subbing characters in/out. Sonicfox is right when he says this isn't point/assist/anchor game, but more like a point/point/point game and you need to be able to switch between your characters on the fly.

HE'S PLAYING CHESS AND WE STILL PLAYING CHECKERS YALL

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My philosophy with my team was dual points with anchor, but he's wayyyyyy better than me so he's probably right lol. I'm also officially an adult so I'm washed

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MVC2 was largely point-point-assist, but DBFZ assists are neither a) good enough nor b) available frequently enough to use like a MVC2 (or even a MVC3) assist.

As far as assist mechanics go, on one end you have create-your-own-assist like Skullgirls, and then somewhere near that you have selectable spammable assists with available invincibility like MVC2. In the middle you have MVC3 with extremely limited defensive utility on selectable assists, and then at the far opposite end you have games like MvSF and DBFZ where most assists aren't very good, aren't very spammable, or both.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    MVC2 was largely point-point-assist, but DBFZ assists are neither a) good enough nor b) available frequently enough to use like a MVC2 (or even a MVC3) assist.
    A.) What measure are you using to determine whether an assist is 'good' enough? The assists may not seem good from the eyes of someone who's only played Marvel their whole life, but that doesn't mean that they can't or won't play a huge role in the game's meta.

Sonicfox plays A16 largely as an assist for Hit. A16's assist looks like your standard affair on paper but it's one of the few that allows Hit to easily juggle after a dash straight (not bothered to look up the official name) AND allow him to continue pressure on block.

B.) We already know that ArcSys intended for the system to work differently based off the cool down of assists. In old Marvel games, you called an assist to create opportunity. In DBZ, the assists is more there to extend whatever opportunity you created on your own.

Assists will always be 'good' if they allow your point to do something that they otherwise couldn't on their own. Just because they play differently doesn't mean that they aren't useful. Its just means that their mileage will only go as far as the player allows. And to me, that thought process makes the game playable for a person like me, who doesn't want to be forced into spamming drones/missiles/beams in order have a fair shot in neutral.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast