Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    On Killing of A Sacred Deer, spoiler question

Spoiler: show
    Do we have any idea on how Martin administered the poison and eventually the antidote to the daughter? Or is that intended to be left a complete mystery?
    I think it’s supposed to be unexplained supernatural abilities because he was able to allow the daughter to walk to the window for a short period of time. Also was Colin ferell spinning in a circle blindfolded not one of the best scenes ever made?

Ridill
    BG Level

So I watched Mandy after checking the trailer that was posted here. I personally love crazy Nick Cage- Vampire's Kiss is just so completely amazing.

I did like this movie, but I guess I was actually expecting more CRAAZZZZZZY Nick Cage than what I got. Still great. Though despite all the weird crazy stuff in the movie I think the biggest wtf moment was
    right after Mandy dies and Cage gets free, that Cheese Goblin commercial starts playing and he just stands there and watches it. "Cheese goblin..." /cut scene. Amazing.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Just saw Solo

Pretty entertaining for a casual Star Wars fan, casting was pretty great.

Could've used some color saturation though, it's a bleak-looking movie beginning to end, didn't match the tone very well IMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It seems that some places that had been sold out way in advance have added showings so finally got to see Mandy. And fucking yes definitely glad got to see in theater. Fuck every crazy Nic Cage face ever and that wasn't the craziest parts of the movie

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Apostle.

Also bump.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bad times at the El Royale. Starts a little slow and is a little long but damn if cranks shit up to 11

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bad Times at the El Royale was really good.

Thoughts:

Had the Agent followed orders, whole thing would have been avoided. Also, I believe the person they were talking about in the film was JFK boning a prostitute, considering Billy Ray mentioned "the memory" of the person in question.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bad Times at the El Royale was really good.

Thoughts:

Had the Agent followed orders, whole thing would have been avoided. Also, I believe the person they were talking about in the film was JFK boning a prostitute, considering Billy Ray mentioned "the memory" of the person in question.

Watched a Quiet Place. Enjoyed it for most of the movie. Fucking hated the ending. Because yeah... fuck you movie.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

third for Bad Times at the El Royale. outstanding cast 1-7, gorgeous cinematography and sound design, very Tarantinoey in construction but both not as funny and rocking more of a human touch.

God DAMN is this movie pretty. that tracking shot of Jon Hamm's reflection in the two-way mirror as Cynthia Erivo sings is gorgeous, the extended shot of her and the live-band rehearsing in studio, older gunshot sister on the floor looking up at little sister mirroring the shot of little sister looking up on older sister from under the bed after she placed her there so their father would rape her instead, half the shots in the movie really.

was a bit worried it would be all stylings with little substance but Bridge's redemption, using his lifetime as a lying thieving old con to lie for someone else's sake and grant a tortured dying boy a moment of reprieve saved that in a solid way.

4/5 cherubic murder dolls

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post

i thought the same re-Kennedy, though maybe Bobby instead of John + in the brief moment of the agent's characterization you see with his family you see why he cannot follow orders. a righteous man who can't just walk away from a young drugged girl tied up in a chair.

also dakota johnson is stupid gorgeous but goddammit her eyes look *exactly* like her dad's and that freaks me out

BG Level

Halloween, fantastic.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

A star is born, Cooper on a strong acting and Gaga was good too.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Halloween, fantastic.
    Halloween was good, but I didn't ever find it to be scary. I didn't feel any tense moments.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Babysitter scene would have been tense if we hadn't seen where Michael was hiding in the trailer and if the kid wasn't acting like he was in a comedy. Loved the movie though.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I liked the kid and the cops sitting in their car taking about the dinner they brought towards the end. Maybe they didn't fit the atmosphere so much, but I thought they were good moments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Saw A Star is Born with the wifey last night and we agreed it's a C+/B-.

The ending was too sad, and there was a bunch of unresolved plot points at the end(His tinnitus never plays into the story at all, She alludes to having a history with drunks but it's never explained). Also I'm pretty sure there was an American flag in the background at one point that was one of those 48 star flags which is just so strange. It's shown briefly in two scenes in their house and I didn't get a chance to count. The runtime was long too. Could have cut 20 minutes of the male lead silently staring into the camera.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody tonight in IMAX and was worth it, was a really good movie. Also really liked the subtle nod they did there of casting Mike Myers as the record producer who tells them no one will play/sing along Bohemian Rhapsody.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Saw Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Not bad, not good.

Saw a trailer for The Kid Who Would Be King. Looked surprisingly good, went to check who is involved, written and directed by the same dude who did Attack the Block, and wrote the Tintin film and first Ant-Man. Well that explains that.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Saw Bohemian Rhapsody tonight in IMAX and was worth it, was a really good movie. Also really liked the subtle nod they did there of casting Mike Myers as the record producer who tells them no one will play/sing along Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Second it was a good movie worth seeing. The performances are oscar worthy. The movie kinda jumps a lot in order to keep it just under 2 hours minus the concert at the end, but you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag