+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Watched Army of the Dead. Uhhhh. I was hoping for something better. Good gore but some of the tropes annoyed me

Spoiler: show
    Was that a robot zombie, I saw? Was that like, an abandoned plot thread or something?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Army of the Dead was ok at times and super fucking annoying at others

What happened to the bitch that she went off and saved and killed almost everyone because of it? Was like a major fuckin arc of the movie and they never even show her again after the copter crashed, maybe I missed it. Also the time when the chick killed like 75 zombies all by her self, gets locked out by that douche guy, comes through a window with 4-5 zombies and every one just fuckin stands there and watches her die, shit made me so mad lol

Not a movie but I binged watched that show Startup it was pretty fuckin good

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Koul
    Was that a robot zombie, I saw? Was that like, an abandoned plot thread or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    What happened to the bitch that she went off and saved and killed almost everyone because of it? Was like a major fuckin arc of the movie and they never even show her again after the copter crashed, maybe I missed it. Also the time when the chick killed like 75 zombies all by her self, gets locked out by that douche guy, comes through a window with 4-5 zombies and every one just fuckin stands there and watches her die, shit made me so mad lol
    You didn't miss Geeta in the crash, no. She wasn't there. No idea what happened, although she is presumably dead. When the daughter announced she was coming along on the heist, I knew immediately right there she was going to get a bunch of people killed but make it out OK. I didn't realize she was going to get literally everyone killed.

The second one, I sort of understood. She was trapped and surrounded by zombies and was possibly bitten. But I don't know why she didn't scream out something about the douche guy (Martin?) as she certainly had enough time to say something. That whole sequence definitely could have been done better. Actually, there were *a lot* of sequences that definitely could have been done better.

Except the opening credits, those were awesome. Highlight of the film, by far. Between this and Watchmen, maybe Zack Snyder should focus on opening credits and leave the rest of his films to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Watched Army of the Dead. Uhhhh. I was hoping for something better. Good gore but some of the tropes annoyed me

Jesus this fucking movie....amazing action but it's Snyder so of course. Horrible horrible story and writing but again it's Snyder so of course. Can someone please just force him to have to use a script editor lol?

Yup robo zombies, watch the animated prequel sequel to learn more!!! because story!!

You didn't miss Geeta in the crash, no. She wasn't there. No idea what happened
    She's hanging out of the heli, quick shot of her dead. Apparently the other version with Chris whats his face had more info but she ded, which means the daughter is even shittier character

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That movie was so fucking bad jfc. Story premise was ok if not tropey but so many of the character decisions were completely smooth brain nonsense.

Nuke incoming in 20 mins? Let me go look for someone who's living status is unknown in a hotel with an unknown amount of zombies with no guarantee said missing person is even in there along with no viable escape plan because you can't outrun a nuke.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The thing that pissed me off those most about Army was
    They had such a great setup for a super creepy as fuck writhing mass of zombies if they had a part where it rained. Come the fuck on

also, if you like listening to a bunch of hacks

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

army of the dead

Geeta not even being mentioned after the helicopter crash is this movie to a T. Started stupid and slow, everything was predictable from the forcibly turned security guard to the military betrayal and obnoxious daughter getting everyone killed. The BRIEF moment I started to get high hopes for this movie was when the first girl to die due to betrayal actually started to look like she was going to make it or at least warn people straight off the bat that the guy fucked her over, but no. She channeled her inner gandalf and told him to "go". I was really looking forward to how they were going to handle the guy being revealed so early and the first expected group member death not happening, but alas.

Honestly doesn't even really need to be brought up because of so many dropped plot points from the robot zombie/dehydrated jerky zombies, but the movie is just stupid. I enjoyed it though, had many laughs.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Army of the Dead was one of the worst written films I've watched in ages, but I somehow still enjoyed it lol. Zach Synder is F tier.

Wrath of Man was great fun. Released digitally this week also

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Guy Ritchie shit is usually good. Looking forward to it

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Army of the Dead was one of the worst written films I've watched in ages, but I somehow still enjoyed it lol. Zach Synder is F tier.
    This is precisely how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It really sounds like they should just let James Gunn do all the projects Zack Snyder was supposed to do.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dumb but fun pretty much sums up Army of the Dead.

If you think about any of the decisions made in the movie it all falls apart pretty quick lol

BG Level

Quiet Place 2 was fantastic.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Quiet Place 2 was fantastic.
    Just got back from it as well. I thought it was fine. My score is: Would I pay money to see it? Yeah, I had no problem spending money on it.

Also, looking forward to the Escape Room sequel and M. Night Shammys new movie Old looks interesting

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Just got back from it as well. I thought it was fine. My score is: Would I pay money to see it? Yeah, I had no problem spending money on it.
    I've been itching to go see a movie in the theater since shortly after Covid started, and this seems like it will be a good first one back.

Also, I've been watching Dead Set - which is technically a TV show but all five episodes total 140 minutes, so it's basically a film. It's a British zombie movie, and the contestants on the TV show Big Brother suddenly find themselves safe from the zombies because they're cut off from everything. Made by the same people who made Big Brother (the UK version) so it uses the actual set and has cameos from hosts and past contestants (none of whom play a significant role beyond being zombie fodder). So far, it's surprisingly good; it's certainly better than the best season of Big Brother I ever watched.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Here to heap additional praise on The Mitchells vs. The Machines.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The Second to Last Movie You Saw and Would Recommend?

Quiet Place 2 was phenomenal. Just like the first top notch production all around. Unfortunately just like the first some plot elements that absolutely infuriated me as well.

So not only was the military dumb as rocks in the first movie to not figure out the sound tech weakness. But now in the second movie you realize these fuckers can’t even swim!? L O fucking L!

Also. Who the fuck says dive/diving in baseball? That right off the bat told me some shit was gonna go down with that saying lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Quiet Place 2 was phenomenal. Just like the first top notch production all around. Unfortunately just like the first some plot elements that absolutely infuriated me as well.

So not only was the military dumb as rocks in the first movie to not figure out the sound tech weakness. But now in the second movie you realize these fuckers can’t even swim!? L O fucking L!

Also. Who the fuck says dive/diving in baseball? That right off the bat told me some shit was gonna go down with that saying lol.
    They probably couldn't figure it out, since they likely wiped out a good % of humans before word could get out. Some audio/sound tech weakness would be like 87th on the list of shit to try too lmao.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    That right off the bat
    I see what u did thar

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size