+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Meh. Ya hyped up A Quiet Place way too much. Just got out. Great movie, phenomenal acting, an awesome concept, and the suspense kept you guessing the entire movie. It’s just some of the plot elements were pants on head retarded to make the story work lol.

Spoiler: show

- You’re telling me the military couldn’t deal with such an easily predictable ass enemy lol?
    - Why the elaborate setup for the birth? Why not just camp out by the waterfall for a few days since by the movies own admission it drowns out the casual noise?
    - Are the kids lost in their own farm after he knocks himself out with the tire? Was there a contingency plan to meet at the top of the silo? If so, why did the father seemingly not know where they were?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Meh. Ya hyped up A Quiet Place way too much. Just got out. Great movie, phenomenal acting, an awesome concept, and the suspense kept you guessing the entire movie. It’s just some of the plot elements were pants on head retarded to make the story work lol.

- You’re telling me the military couldn’t deal with such an easily predictable ass enemy lol?
    - Why the elaborate setup for the birth? Why not just camp out by the waterfall for a few days since by the movies own admission it drowns out the casual noise?
    - Are the kids lost in their own farm after he knocks himself out with the tire? Was there a contingency plan to meet at the top of the silo? If so, why did the father seemingly not know where they were?

Lol, dude....

1. If there are 3 in the middle of bumfuck Egypt, there is likely a fuck load in places like DC/NYC/etc. They probably got overran before they could figure anything out.
    2. Just as the movie puts clearly in your face, childbirth is unpredictable and they needed a backup plan. It was insinuated that the waterfall is the location they banged.
    3. They had a plan and it was to light the fire at the top, just as the neighboring survivors do at night. They ran out of fluid or he would have easily spotted them and got to them quicker...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well the militaries standard response would be to shoot things which would draw their attention fast. It went by fast but the newspaper clippings did say the national guard fought back but the creatures armor was too thick and they were indestructible... unless you remember that the creatures extremely sensitive to sound were ya know extremely sensitive to sound....

while not explicitly stated between the missing persons board and the clippings it made it seem like it started slow with people not knowing what was going on to the point they just thought people were missijg but by day 89 there were enough around that making sound anywhere you could be heard was near instant death. The dude thought there were only 3 in the middle of bum fuck nowhere but clearly there was a ton more. So shit went from something spooky going on to full out massive invasion in likely a few weeks.

Anyways for my next recommended movie Truth or Dare. Best comedy of the year so far. Theater had about the number of people you'd normally have for a blockbuster at my theater and they were non stop laughing
    I'm not even kidding. It failed at being a horror flick so hard it was hilarious

BG Level

- Society was still in enough tact for a newspaper company to print and distribute "It's Sound!" Something the pentagon would've figured out long before any national enquirer wannabe.
    - Creatures invulnerable to a 5.56 round, but heads get blasted clean off from a Walmart shotgun.
    - Of course child-birth is unpredictable. You still have an estimated due date. They even show her own on a calendar while taking her blood pressure. They should've been camped out there 2~3 weeks before birth if they're so scared shitless about the baby making noise.
    - If the plan was indeed to meet back up at the top of the silo, again, the father didn't even think twice to check there. Fire or not if that was the plan you would still check lol.

Again, great movie. Just blatantly obvious that the director wants you to suspend logic about certain things for the sake of the overall story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll agree with most of that but were you watching the creatures face? That hard exoskeleton shit over its entire body is clearly armror

BG Level

It also liberally opened up it's exoskeleton face whenever to listen. A huge speaker distraction would've been too easy to slay these things. An M249 saw alone would've landed several hits.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Dasva's last 2 posts should really be in spoiler tags.

Ridill
    BG Level

My turn on A Quiet Place.

Their weakness wasn't just really loud sound, it was specifically bad feedback and I can see that never being tried against them as a weapon, at least I can ignore it well enough for the sake of the movie.

Giving birth at the waterfall is a good idea, but living there would be terrible and so they had to make the room anyway.

Finding the kids; things went batshit insane at the end. No one's thinking straight. Easy enough to believe. And he might have been heading that way after going outside too.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The military can’t deal with ISIS lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It also liberally opened up it's exoskeleton face whenever to listen. A huge speaker distraction would've been too easy to slay these things. An M249 saw alone would've landed several hits.
    They could hear without that. They only really opened up when everyone was being too quite too hear for that extra boost. When they did locate their prey they closed up and went on the attack. I mean you could possibly play a dangerous game of luring one with a loud sound and then going quite and trying to get it while it's searching. But who knows if anyone survived to report they do that or if the monsters could close up as soon as they hear you pull that trigger. Details were kind of kept purposefully limited

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Dasva's last 2 posts should really be in spoiler tags.
    Shit movie's been out over a week but fine!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quiet place

I don't know if you guys had already mentioned this, but Jim said the creatures were aliens. It annoys me that the backstory and future of the universe won't ever be expanded on, but literally every critique about the creatures and state of humanity can be hand waves with who knows what happens when a super strong, blind alien race lands on your planet. Dill with it.

But yeah, annoying questions that'll never get answered aside, I thought this was a great film. Acting was all around great. The feels when you realize the sister is deaf and can't hear the sound the little bros toy made while everyone is freaking out on the bridge...ugh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quiet place was good; wife didn't like it though, wanted a backstory.

IMO, what it made it even better was the fact I could go to the theater next to my house that only shows dubbed movies (as opposed to a quality theater with subtitles that I don't need to read some 40 miles away), and most of the dialogue was in sign language, so subtitles were needed anyway.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quiet Place was awesome.

Luckily got a nice quiet theater for it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ugh, I had to tell people to shut the fuck up at my theater. Idk why but a bunch of teens decided to take over the theater. One stern warning is enough to make kids stfu though lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Ugh, I had to tell people to shut the fuck up at my theater. Idk why but a bunch of teens decided to take over the theater. One stern warning is enough to make kids stfu though lol.

Same happened at the theater I was at too. Appropriate because a lot of the tension in the movie came from the fact that everything was so quiet and having people talking disrupted that.

Went to go see Rampage last night at $5 Tuesday. Really enjoyed it and a bit better than I expected. You get exactly what you pay for. A fun action movie of giant monsters blowing crap up. Think of the new Godzilla except the build up is 20mins before action starts instead of an hour and a half. Good humor and decent writing as well. Rock and Neegan are both great in it. I'm not sure I'd be worth a $15 ticket but definitely worth it if you have the $5 Tuesday.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Bra, why aren't you MoviePass'n, in the first place? That service is the one of the best available, across any medium.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like reserving seats ahead of time.

I won't deny moviepass seems awesome I just don't go to movies enough to justify a monthly subscription. I saw Black Panther but before that I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Kingsman 2. However if it ever changes that is definitely good to know about thank you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I like reserving seats ahead of time.
    Yeah this is pretty nice and having to use the app after you get there is kind of annoying... but seems like they trying e-ticketing out though right now only in like 3 locations

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I won't deny moviepass seems awesome I just don't go to movies enough to justify a monthly subscription. I saw Black Panther but before that I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Kingsman 2. However if it ever changes that is definitely good to know about thank you.
    Well is that because you just don't enjoy going to the theaters except for like what 4 movies a year? Or do you just don't think the experience is worth the price? Because if it's the latter moviepass can really help with that. Like if you get a sale/deal it's as low as $7.50 a month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag