+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just finished watching Parasite, really enjoyed it.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Movie of the year for me. Knives Out a close second
    midsommar was the real movie of the year

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Pfft, it was boring as fuck.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

yeah, well, your uncle molests collies

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Invisible man was surprisingly pretty good.... Wasn't really sure about this new take on it but ended up pretty great horror/suspense. Really though it was mostly Elizabeth Moss' acting and the way the camera would pan making you question if he was really there that sold it. Just don't start thinking about movie logic

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    midsommar was the real movie of the year
    Agree

Never before has a movie made me question if I had unknowingly ingested shrooms before watching

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Silent Hill: Revelations
    I tried. Jon Snow was not conceived yet.

Sugar Hill
    It's an interesting tale about drugs, specifically heroin, in the eighties. Not quite Wesley Pipes yet, he relies on a good performance instead of big teeth and a great katana in this one. I enjoyed it.

Dallas Buyers Club
    Very interesting subject especially since it's based on actual events. One thing that borderline had me laughing tho was Jennifer Garner's constant sad face.

The Prophecy Trilogy
    One was pretty OK even if a little hokey and what not. Two and three, not so much. Christopher Walken is awesome.

At Close Range
    Based on actual events. Walken shines again. Interesting story. Nothing out of this world or what not, but after reading about the actual people and how the movie wasn't too far off, sheesh.

Matrix Trilogy
    Still love the first one to this day. Superb movie all around. I struggled to make it thru the second and third. Skipped the entire weird rave scene in 2 and Zion vs Spider Monkeys in 3. Found it hilarious that some random kid shouts the war is over and everyone believes it. Also, how the heck hasn't there been multiple Matrix video games? I've never looked into it but I would've just imagined the IP could print money in the gaming industry.

Black Moon Rising
    Has Tommy Lee Jones always looked 50+? Corny but decent.

Glengarry Glen Ross
    Watched again as I've been in the mode for sales & business like movies. The movie isn't some stroke of genius or what not but even today it is solid. I got to thinking how something like this with the language, and not just Alec Baldwin's famous scene, will never be made again because everyone is offended by everything in today's world.

Margin Call
    Movie is about the start of the housing market collapse from the perspective of one of the big firms. Paul Bettany has a scene where he says something extremely profound. Paraphrasing and chopping it up a little, he says once the world finds out what they (mortgage bankers/firms/associates) did they will get called scum of the Earth. However, "normal people" want to live like kings and we (mortgage bankers/firms/associates) tipped the scales in their favor so they could get what they wanted. If you look at society and what we buy and consume vs what we actually need and then analyze what is in our pockets (assets, savings, etc) I believe we'd find some similarities in what happened at the consumer level with the housing market collapse.

The Big Short
    Just starting to watch it again and I have to say as an actor Christian Bale is probably in my top five. There are so many movies he's done where he is absolutely captivating. Also, LOVE The Gos in this movie.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Separate post for this one. Yeah I know there is a thread for Joker and it's not that old but whatever. I enjoyed it. I think it was a solid story and movie on it's own. For sure it's an above average movie. I'm not getting all the love for it tho. Don't get me wrong, Joaquin did his thing and I'm a big fan of his. I do not watch all of the latest movies and I for sure do not have my finger on the pulse of the current movie industry so maybe that's why I'm not finding what makes this movie so great. Again, I think it was solid, but not a "greatest".

After watching it I read some articles regarding the movie and it was referenced more than once how things were taken from Robert De Niro's movie, The King of Comedy. Since De Niro is my favorite actor and I haven't watched that movie, well, I watched it. And yes, you could easily see how Joker drew inspiration from it. The King of Comedy was not some incredible or profound movie, but I found it had elements of the lengths people would attempt to go thru to "make it" in showbiz. It's absolutely worth a watch.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Wife and I just finished watching Knives Out. Really good movie. Follows the Poirot kind of formula pretty closely.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Wife and I just finished watching Knives Out. Really good movie. Follows the Poirot kind of formula pretty closely.
    Just watched it with my gf yesterday! Seconded.

We were talking about Poirot the whole time lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Hunt finally came out and was great though not what I expected. From the trailers it felt kind of like a modern Surviving the game... and there is a little of that in there. But holy shit every character is a hilarious caricature of some kind or another used to fire political satire shots at just about everyone. Like without being too spoilering early on one dying character asks someone to finish her off and when he refuses she says something like "fucking snowflake I'll do it myself".

Just go in expecting more dark humor satire and you can enjoy it. See so many reviews being disappointed that it's not some super clever message or deep dive into the divide or how it panders to conservatives (it pokes at them just as hard.)

Some actually standouts though are Betty Gilpin. Her character and performance was amazing. Hilary Swank was also pretty good once we got to see much of her. Also the names for the characters are great since we never learn their real name or hunters just decided to give them names.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Watched 12 Monkeys again. Godamn, such a great movie.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

The Witch: Subversion, holy Shit SO BAD ASS

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

The Gentleman was a p. good time.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

My wife and I watched a 2019 movie called "Bliss". I recommend it. The wife loved it. I'm indifferent. The ending was a massive blueballs ending.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why you recommending blueballs to us breh.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Why you recommending blueballs to us breh.
    So other people can have the blueballs that I had. Its also a pretty decent movie

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Rented Color out of Space on amazon. Wasn't super exciting but I enjoyed it. Reminded me of Annihilation.

BG Level

i saw it too last week. it's definitely worth a watch.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My girlfriend and I, since we're stuck at home, have watched a movie every night for the last 10 days. Then we ranked them from best to worst. Here's our compiled list, in order:

Knives Out
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Midway
    Richard Jewell
    Toy Story 4
    Uncut Gems
    Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
    Jumanji: The Next Level
    Frozen II

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size