+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Finished it and I liked it quite a bit with the exception of the fantasy land and Captain Britain stuff. I thought that was all pretty lame.

Finished the 5 issued of Venomverse as well.
    Yeah Captain Britain was lame except for the very end. Nice little twist. Definitely the weakest part of the story.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Dark Angel Saga set the bar too high!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Speaking of Hickman

The Anti Miz

BG Level

yeesh 2.5 hours. GOING FOR IT

The Anti Miz

BG Level

man I'm loving this video. Greatest run ever

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Dark Angel Saga set the bar too high!
    Dark Angel Saga is one the best comic storylines ever imo

There was better overall runs (like Hickman's Fantastic Four at the same time), but for pure bang for your buck in a single arc it's really really hard to top Dark Angel.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Amazon Unveils New Comic Line Through Digital ComiXology Platform
    Spoiler: show
    Four new projects head a push towards material owned by the creators as part of the ComiXology Originals initiative.

Amazon’s digital comics platform ComiXology is pushing further into creating original content.

The company has announced four new projects spanning a variety of genres, marking the first creator-owned titles under the ComiXology Originals banner.

The four titles are Savage Game, created by NFL player Ryan Kalil, written by Shawn Kittelsen, and art by Chris B. Murray; Superfreaks from writers Elsa Charretier and Pierrick Colinet, with art from newcomer Margaux Saltel; Elephantmen 2261: The Death of Shorty, a continuation of the long-running series from creator and writer Richard Starkings alongside artists Axel Medellin and Boo Cook; and Ask For Mercy, again written by Starkings, with art from Abigail Jill Harding.

These titles will be released in a number of formats; Savage Game is a 60-page graphic novel, available for $4.99 via ComiXology and Amazon, but also as a $6.99 print-on-demand title from Amazon.com, while the other three titles will be released in a traditional single issue miniseries format. Both the five-part Elephantmen and the six-part Ask for Mercy will be released monthly — with a print collection available once serialization is over via Amazon.com’s print-on-demand service — but all five issues of Superfreaks will be released simultaneously for binge reading. Each of the titles will be available for free reading for Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited and ComiXology Unlimited subscribers.

The announcement of the new ComiXology Unlimited titles was made during a livestream event on Twitch, broadcast to Amazon Books locations and Amazon pop-up kiosks across the U.S. The event, hosted by Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham, also unveiled ComiXology’s new “Always Original” ad campaign to push the new launches; attendees at the Amazon locations received free print editions of the Savage Game graphic novel.

In a statement accompanying the event, ComiXology’s head of content Chip Mosher said, “We’re proud to offer these creator-owned titles where creators keep their IP rights and are motivated to bring their A-game to the benefit of readers everywhere. Helping bring these incredible titles to fans lets us experiment with different release strategies like a binge-style drop of a whole series, high quality print-on-demand, and day-and-date inclusion in Prime Reading, Kindle Unlimited and ComiXology Unlimited.”

Friday's announcement comes ahead of further titles being revealed for the line at San Diego Comic-Con next month; creators named by ComiXology working on upcoming material for the line include Sam Humphries, Tyler Crook, Hope Nicholson, Kel McDonald, Tim Seely, Jen Vaughn, Magdalene Visaggio and Spike Trotman.

More information about the four titles announced today can be found here, but Heat Vision has an exclusive look at pages from Savage Game by Kalil, Kittelsen and Murray.

"We are very honored to be releasing Savage Game with ComiXology Originals,” Aroop Sanakkayala, who co-founded Strange Turn Entertainment with Ryan Kalil, told Heat Vision. “When Ryan and I started Strange Turn Entertainment, we wanted to focus not only on the best and most creative stories, but also on the most innovative ways to distribute our books to new audiences. The team at ComiXology have created a revolutionary service combining the best in e-reading and print-on-demand that is truly remarkable. We are incredibly excited for what the future has in store for both Savage Game and comiXology Originals.

https://www.comixology.com/originals

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Big spoiler for this week's Batman:
    Spoiler: show

Today, the New York Times ran a story called “It Just Wasn’t Meant to Be, Batman” which is about the upcoming Batman #50, due out Wednesday with writing by Tom King and art by Mikel Janin, with colors by June Chung and lettering by Clayton Cowles, along with a bevy of guest artists.

In it, the article reveals what the headline makes pretty clear: Batman isn’t getting married this Wednesday. Batman and Catwoman, the legendary hero/anti-villain pairing, is not meant to be. At least not in the canon DC Universe, that is.
    So after building up to this for a year................................ nothing >.>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wrong thread, or the right thread? All are equal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Speaking of the RevPro, apparently some "fans" tried to scam the Japanese wrestlers by paying for merch and stuff with expired tender.
    Backstory, about 2 years ago the UK switched their money from paper to this plastic-like thing(similar to Canada or Australia). The idea is that it doesn't wear down as quickly and it is harder to counterfeit. People were supposed to go to banks or whatever to exchange them. You still can, I think(I'd have to ask friends that live in the UK). However, I guess these jerkoffs didn't and used the expired bills to pay for stuff thinking the Japanese wrestlers wouldn't know. I guess Ospreay found out.
    Another dastardly plot of the Joker's obviously.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Another dastardly plot of the Joker's obviously.
    All threads look alike to me.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Finally caught up with the last two issues of Saga. Holy fuck the comic keeps finding new ways to surprise me.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Was mad about Batman at first, but the reveal at the end makes me want to have whatever blanks I'm suddenly aware of from the last 50 issues filled in. At least what we found out is that this is the mid-point in a larger epic we didn't even know we were reading and this is all part of the story, unlike Kitty/Colossus where the ending was "derp marriage is hard, I'm sad, let's do a bait and switch."

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Dont get me started on that wedding issue. Im probably just not going to touch an X book until after the hotmess the extermination event will be is finished.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The payoff in a year better be enormous. >.>

As in, I won't be happy unless they actually do get married in a year <.<;

BG Level

I am leaning toward that this will result in a real Bat/Cat wedding, but it's 5 years out, not 1. He wants 50 more issues to tell this story. Unless Batman is bi-weekly? Then still, 2 years+.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

No, you're right.. for some reason I was thinking once a week........

Now I'm a little more upset about this issue >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Reminds me of Marvel's MAX line.

BG Level

Fuck Brian K. Vaughn, fuck Fiona Staples, fuck Saga, fuck everything, that is all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Fuck Brian K. Vaughn, fuck Fiona Staples, fuck Saga, fuck everything, that is all.
    Agreed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag