+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I started losing interest in Hickman's Avengers hardcore near the end but I made it through. Time to start Secret Wars.
    I liked New Avengers all the way through though I'm assuming I'm missing a good deal of their stuff through their individual comic tie-ins.
    Tbh I don’t even remember what happened on either avengers books up until secret wars

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The final build up (after they skipped ahead a few months) to Secret Wars was fucking awesome, with the Illuminati on the run from the rest of the world and Namor and the Black Order just going ham on various other realities. Plus Doom and Strange going face to face with the Beyonders and whatnot.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The final build up (after they skipped ahead a few months) to Secret Wars was fucking awesome, with the Illuminati on the run from the rest of the world and Namor and the Black Order just going ham on various other realities. Plus Doom and Strange going face to face with the Beyonders and whatnot.
    Ya stuff after the time skip is all I can remember

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hickman's stuff thru the main Avengers was basically just a ton of setup and smaller stories, the whole meat of his run was all thru New Avengers.

I mean shit, after being as hyped as it was (and it was a damn cool story), Infinity literally just ended up being even more setup for the eventual payoff in Secret Wars.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I was getting ready to read Infinity thinking it'd be this huge thing and then it just sort of... did nothing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There were a lot of moving parts to Hickman's run but I loved every moment. One of my favorite parts was Cap's journey through time due to the delayed explosion of the time gem. I also loved Hank Pym's account of his travel through the multiverse and witnessing the beyonders wreck ass.

Ridill
    BG Level

Finished Secret Wars. I thought it could have- and should have- been twice as long. Most of the conflicts barely lasted more than a page.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

At the time marvel was getting a bit cross-over fatigue with readers and they were promising they would cut down on them, so after secret wars they of course followed that with build up for secret empire...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finished Secret Wars. I thought it could have- and should have- been twice as long. Most of the conflicts barely lasted more than a page.
    IIRC a lot of the fights actually take place in the tie-in books.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If anyone is interested, Comixology is having some really good sales on Hellboy(ends today) and DC trades(ends Monday)

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

After having read Secret Wars and knowing the whole lead up going back to read New Avengers was eye opening as Hickman hints at pretty much all of it in like the first issue. The amount of forethought and planning he put into his narratives is kind of awesome.

As for Secret Wars itself, the main book was the main narrative and had so many tie ins that explained way more. Like where Thanos went and the dead zone or whatever it was called was so under the radar in the main book.

Ridill
    BG Level

Finished Minority Report- I mean Civil War 2. Meh.

Read Books of Doom as well and liked that for what it was.

I think I'm preferring the smaller scope stories over the massive, ridiculously complicated multi-volume stories that seem to have to have universe-ending stakes.

I like characterization and personalized stories in my comics over Armageddon Story involving cardboard cutouts #89. Granted, I'd probably get more of that If I read each character's individualized title that runs parallel to the big epics, but eh... That's a whole lot of work and time when I think I'd rather prefer a much more self contained, more personalized story.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Finished Minority Report- I mean Civil War 2. Meh.

Read Books of Doom as well and liked that for what it was.

I think I'm preferring the smaller scope stories over the massive, ridiculously complicated multi-volume stories that seem to have to have universe-ending stakes.

I like characterization and personalized stories in my comics over Armageddon Story involving cardboard cutouts #89. Granted, I'd probably get more of that If I read each character's individualized title that runs parallel to the big epics, but eh... That's a whole lot of work and time when I think I'd rather prefer a much more self contained, more personalized story.
    Should definitely check out Rick Remender’s run on Uncanny X-force next. It’s issue 1-idk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Civil War 2 was awful. Avoid anything written by Bendis.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Civil War 2 was awful. Avoid anything written by Bendis.
    Except Miles Morales and Jessica Jones and Powers and....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

His old stuff like Alias and ultimates were great. Also infamous iron too, cause that could of easily been a hot mess.

Most of everything else he touched tho was ugh and can't wait to see what he does to DC.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I loved Infamous Iron Man and am genuinely upset at how Iron Man #600 turned out. I hope the next creative team reverses things but I have to imagine that decision came from editorial in the first place.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I loved Infamous Iron Man and am genuinely upset at how Iron Man #600 turned out. I hope the next creative team reverses things but I have to imagine that decision came from editorial in the first place.
    Yeah what the hell at that ending. The way they handled Doom was fucking atrocious.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

ASM #800 out today and it's the opposite of Bendis's exit on Iron Man. Everything is respected. New beginnings, definitive endings, amazing, spectacular moments. Among his best work in a decade-long run that's been better than it ever should have been considering it started in the aftermath of One More Day.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Should definitely check out Rick Remender’s run on Uncanny X-force next. It’s issue 1-idk
    Finished it and I liked it quite a bit with the exception of the fantasy land and Captain Britain stuff. I thought that was all pretty lame.

Finished the 5 issued of Venomverse as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag