+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Whoever told you it was meh has no soul.

Although yes, Infamous does make a lot more sense if you read Secret Wars first.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Thanks. I'll check out some if that stuff.

And I was wanting to read Secret Wars but had heard it was kind of meh with only a few decent moments sprinkled throughout. Though I should read it if I wanted to get into Infamous Iron Man?
    There is a ton of build up to secret wars and it all fuckin rules. I think it was in avengers and new avengers, both written by Hickman. What you should really do tho is start at Hickman’s fantastic four run which is prob my favorite comic run of all time and I’m not even a fantastic four guy, that’s just how fuckin awesome of a writer he is, and then do the avengers books leading to secret wars and then do secret wars. Hell yes

Here’s a reading order for the avengers books leading to secret wars http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2015/...reading-guide/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

People gonna hate on Secret Wars, but at the very least, it made X-Men '92 a thing

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post

Here’s a reading order for the avengers books leading to secret wars http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2015/...reading-guide/
    Is that all on the marvel comic streaming service? Because I'm guessing that would be the incredibly cheaper and easier way of getting all those.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Is that all on the marvel comic streaming service? Because I'm guessing that would be the incredibly cheaper and easier way of getting all those.
    Yep! Fantastic four, ff (fantastic four spinoff that picks up alongside fantastic four), avengers, new avengers are all on there.

You’ll want to start at Dark Reign - fantastic four, which was like a spinoff all books went through following the skrull thing in 2008 that saw Osborn take over shield. It’s not vital but it’s a good story and where Hickman kicks off his run.

then pick up the regular series starting at fantastic four 570.

I seriously never thought reed Richards would be such a cool ass dude, and he’s pretty central to secret wars so starting here will just enhance everything.

Ridill
    BG Level

Gonna hit up the 2nd hand stores nearby and see if I can grab the bigger stuff for cheap and use the marvel app for the rest. I saw Secret Wars there a few weeks ago at least, if thats still around.

Edit: first place I checked had 1st volume of Avengers and New Avengers for $10 and $5 respectively, which is definitely better than retail, but with so many more to buy, I think I'm better off just doing the Marvel app thing. Secret Wars was gone. Boo hoo.

2nd place had more of the Avengers stuff but nothing else and price wise I could get the marvel streaming thing for a year for the same price as just the Avengers stuff. As much as I really really like owning physical copies of things, considering how much other stuff I'd have to buy down the road, it doesn't make much financial sense.

BG Level

Ugh... according to the rumor mill, DC's next big event, just called CRISIS, is going to erase Batman and Superman's kids/marriages.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Gonna hit up the 2nd hand stores nearby and see if I can grab the bigger stuff for cheap and use the marvel app for the rest. I saw Secret Wars there a few weeks ago at least, if thats still around.

Edit: first place I checked had 1st volume of Avengers and New Avengers for $10 and $5 respectively, which is definitely better than retail, but with so many more to buy, I think I'm better off just doing the Marvel app thing. Secret Wars was gone. Boo hoo.

2nd place had more of the Avengers stuff but nothing else and price wise I could get the marvel streaming thing for a year for the same price as just the Avengers stuff. As much as I really really like owning physical copies of things, considering how much other stuff I'd have to buy down the road, it doesn't make much financial sense.
    Ya I only buy trades of my absolute favorites and haven’t done that since the first couple volumes of Saga. Just takes up too much money and space after a while

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Comixology regularly has great sales on things, often 50-60% off, if you want digital.

Ridill
    BG Level

Tyven, which Fantastic Four am I starting at? On my phone at work trying to get the starting point but the marvel unlimited site seems to hate phones with a passion and is making it real difficult. I'm assuming it's the 98-2012 run? If so, that's a whole lot of comic to get through lol

BG Level

Tyven, which Fantastic Four am I starting at? On my phone at work trying to get the starting point but the marvel unlimited site seems to hate phones with a passion and is making it real difficult. I'm assuming it's the 98-2012 run? If so, that's a whole lot of comic to get through lol
    You can start with issue #570, Hickman goes from there for about 50+ issues if you include the 12 FF issues that tie in to that time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Awesome. Thanks for all the help, people.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Ugh... according to the rumor mill, DC's next big event, just called CRISIS, is going to erase Batman and Superman's kids/marriages.
    Damien is a D-Bag anyways.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Isn't Batman about to get married? >.>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He is. Jim Lee for what it's worth is denying the rumors. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Bendis would do anything possible to get rid of Superman's kid now that he's writing him.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

haha Bendis can't stop himself

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    You can start with issue #570, Hickman goes from there for about 50+ issues if you include the 12 FF issues that tie in to that time.
    YES ENJOY THE GLORY HELL YES

Ridill
    BG Level

Okay, so I read #570-599 and then I started at 600 and... seems I'm missing a whole lot of stuff that happened between 599 and 600. So I found the FF title that seems to pick up right after. So my question is, after FF do I go back to #600 or does the Avengers stuff start to tie in with that before hand as well since they all seemed to be very present in #600.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Finish Hickman's Fantastic Four run before moving on to the Avengers run.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm really weak on my FF lore. Never really had anything that appealed to me, though what I'm reading now is definitely good and actually makes me like FF.

But I have 2 questions that I haven't gotten filled in for me in the stuff I've read so far in regards to the main team;

Who is the younger blond who can control gravity.
    Is the Richard's son an actual mutant? Assuming that because of Leech blocking his powers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag