BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Have there been any consequences regarding the Logan Paul video at all?
    Nope just attention, PR, and first page views/clicks everywhere.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Have there been any consequences regarding the Logan Paul video at all?
    People who have complained him about have had their videos pulled by YouTube.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I figured as much. I'd hoped he might have at least suffered something but it sounds like all it did was probably gain him more followers. I haven't watched the video in question nor watched anyone else's relating to it as it came across to me that they were trying to cash in on his viewership.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw some breakdowns of it and yeah it seemed pretty staged thru and thru. But he's a youtube golden child so he gets a pass while lesser channels get slammed when not even doing anything wrong. To go with that

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It basically boils down to the fact that while Japan's Aokigahara "Suicide Forest" is an oft-vlogged tourist destination due to its creepy vibes (like a haunted house), it has that moniker for a fucking reason. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, and a lot of people decide that forest is a fitting place to die. Japan seems to consider this forest both good (for exposure and tourism) and bad (for, you know, people killing themselves there all the time). There are no official restrictions on entering the forest and sometimes Japan even sponsors vloggers filming there. You see, when people vlog this place, they don't actually expect to see a body, but if they do happen to see one it's expected for basic reasons of respect to turn off the fucking camera and call the cops. Not this douchenozzle though! He thought it would be fun to take selfies with someone's freshly deceased body and show them to the internet. He's pretty much a perfect embodiment of the reason Japan as a society looks down on foreigners.

It's a real problem, not just some stupid passing drama, and it should be treated as such. Because of this one immensely disrespectful event, Japan might consider placing restrictions on vlogging or even restricting access to certain places - it's that kind of country. I wouldn't altogether blame them either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not to mention youtube ok'd it but is making up bs reasons to take down any reuploads or people talking about it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

tbh they ain't BS reasons but the double standard is there. You make money for the platform they look the otherway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not saying there aren't non BS reason I'm saying that the reasons being given are BS namely the whole taking down for being misleading

i dunno though... maybe it would discourage some suicides in the long run? i mean, suicidal worker decides to end it all, then thinks on this event and the thought of their corpse being shown worldwide discourages it?

I mean, in america that might encourage more, but that's because everyone wants to be famous and stand out here. i don't think that's the case in japan...if anything, it's the opposite.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah it doesn't Psion. Therapy sessions help and confronting others about it will lead to less suicides.

Lotta suicide training in the navy woooo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Nah it doesn't Psion. Therapy sessions help and confronting others about it will lead to less suicides.

Lotta suicide training in the navy woooo.
    I think the training made people more suicidal than anything. Death by powerpoint and all. Sad part is we didn't have much until we had a few people go sad scratch their arms not enough to even break skin... all in my division too. Damn RC div is almost as bad CTs. Actually one guy didn't even do that he just said he was thinking about it... pretty sure that was just an emotional manipulation to get his now ex finance to feel sorry for him after he cheated on her lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

tbh the most we had to worry about was an ELT trying to sell you cocaine.

We had someone get put on suicide watch but they were kinda of a mess (Tattoo'd their dick before deployment) and this was an incident where he stabbed another guy on the knee because they were fucking around in plant as nonquals.

Eventually the stabee was put on watch over the suicidal stabber after they had both gone to mast and gotten the same punishment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit our ELTs just butt chugged or went out and got drunk and belligerent together. Or sometimes on their own... roommate elt tried waking home from theater drunk since was only .5 miles away. Got arrested lol. Was E div that had several people busted for hard drugs

Lol tattooed dick. I hope it said no ragrets.

They put my roommate on suicide watch after he didn't show up to work and when we got to the apartment there he was on my computer station looking up suicide hotlines with a Costco bottle of pills next to them. When I confirmed they were mine and that was actually my computer I just got the side eye though lol. Or in A school where they pulled one guy because of seeming sad and insomnia and migraines but I go in for same thing and told having .1 gpa higher meant I was coping well enough. Oh and that I can't call them migraines until they get diagnosed and fuck you we aren't going to actually see if you have them. Fucking navy man.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Lol tattooed dick. I hope it said no ragrets.
    No it said big e the legend.

Reminder: we were on the enterprise.

tbh the trick to going sad is I think you have to annoy medical enough times where it'd be easier to actually process you thru than deal with you.

Personally I'd rather someone get the help they think they need, gtfo, and stop being a possible liability. Or what is usually the case a fucking shithead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We should probably take a minute to recognize that YouTube is not thought to be a profitable business for Google. It isn't likely that they do this out of some perverse desire for profit and is much more likely that it is some corporate behemoth tied down by internal policies, politics, and dinguses being slow to turn.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

What do you mean slow to turn? They left his video up all day, it was #10 on trending. Logan was the one that took it down. Other people discussing what a jackass he is get theirs taken down within an hour.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It was probably within the TOS while the others were not and their rigid corporate structure took a while to adapt to the fact that their TOS is stupid in this edge case.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It was probably within the TOS while the others were not and their rigid corporate structure took a while to adapt to the fact that their TOS is stupid in this edge case.
    You are really giving YouTube credit they don't deserve. They can and do take down any video at any time for any reason with no recourse to the uploader. They left the video up because Paul gets views and they have invested money in him.

You should read up on the subject more. It's well known amongst YouTube creators that there are different rules for people like Paul than for everyone else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Nope. His was manually reviewed and determined fine while literal copies of it were taken down

This is a long running big complaint people have been having with youtube for awhile now. If you small (hell not even that small even 1 mil subscribers get the small treatment) but big enough to get noticed your shit can and will get flagged at the very least for just no monetization possibly strikes for things that others will not. Bigger channels have their own reps they can talk and if you know those people you can sometimes save your smaller channel. Copyright is a big one with obvious non violations getting flagged while full movie uploads stay up.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Honestly, Youtube as a platform is trash and only survives because no one has the money to compete with it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast