BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm surprised i don't read more about the fanfic stuff but its likely because almost none of it is Monetized, unlike a Youtube video.
    There is also the PR side of it, it's why Marvel doesn't go after people selling prints of their own artwork depicting Marvel characters. It's very bad optics, especially if they are one of Marvel's artists.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's also why Team4Star had to give up on DBZ Abridged after Episode 60. Toei has a hateboner for them to the point they threatened Funimation over hiring Team4Star to do the voices for the cell games skit in Buu Saga DBZ Kai.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Professional NASCAR driver Kyle Larson drops the hard "r" on a bunch of professional drivers' streams via public voice chat. There goes his sponsorship and most likely his NASCAR ride.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He was in the heat of the moment, it happens in gaming all the time. He was angry and let his rage take over. etc. etc.

I honestly doubt anything will happen tbh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Professional NASCAR driver Kyle Larson drops the hard "r" on a bunch of professional drivers' streams via public voice chat. There goes his sponsorship and most likely his NASCAR ride.
    video - https://twitter.com/byajperez/status...19946918395906

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its funnier because he is a Japanese American that was a NASCAR diversity hire, lol

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    One week earlier, Bubba Wallace "rage quit" an official NASCAR iRacing event televised live nationally, and his sponsor fired him immediately. Wallace had been wrecked, and, fed up, quit the game. He admitted it was out of anger on Twitter. Blue-Emu, a topical pain reliever that had sponsored Wallace for the virtual race and has an association with him for NASCAR races, replied to the tweet by firing Wallace.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

he has to do sensitivity training

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

idkwtf these peeps are, but apparently this chick was caught playin' foul and made an apology vid, then more bfs started to come out of the woodwork. Total count so far: 7.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alinity had a "slip." Obviously NSFW.

https://livestreamfails.com/post/79025

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52540437

PewDiePie is returning to YouTube Streaming after his exclusivity deal with Dlive didn't pan out.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, is YouTube's biggest independent video-maker with more than 104 million subscribers.

But he signed an exclusive deal with rival platform Dlive in 2019

In 2019, he announced he would no longer be live-streaming on YouTube and would instead move to Dlive, which promised better financial returns for its content creators.

He gained 822,000 followers on the new platform.

In a statement, PewDiePie said new features played a part in his decision to return to live-streaming on YouTube.

"Live-streaming is something I'm focusing a lot on in 2020 and beyond, so to be able to partner with YouTube and be at the forefront of new product features is special and exciting for the future," he said.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    idkwtf these peeps are, but apparently this chick was caught playin' foul and made an apology vid, then more bfs started to come out of the woodwork. Total count so far: 7.

This tends to happen with young youtube "stars" who also have SO's that have a following. Sometimes I wonder if stuff like this is manufactured in an attempt to be relevant and boost followers.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So 2 days ago, Twitch introduced a Twitch Safety Advisory Council. Since then, one member, FerociouslySteph, has been all over r/LiveStreamFails for their takes.

Some links are to Reddit since they also contain mirrors if the original clips get removed.

"Voice chat is unfair"

She wants voice chat banned in games and says only cis white males are against banning voice chat.

Claims a lot of gamers are white supremicists. And "that's just a fact.....of how I feel."

There's whatever this is.

What she does in her spare time.

There's a good comment in that last linked post:

As a trans person, Twitch has now done more damage to our image than they have helped it. Thanks a fucking lot, Twitch.

People are going to see this and be like, "damn trans people are INSANE they eat grass and think they're animals" when in reality most of us trans people are just normal people trying to get by like everyone else and we don't hate cis or white or heterosexual people, and we aren't insane and think we're woodland animals.

We're the silent majority. We don't want attention. We don't want to feel SPECIAL or be DIFFERENT, we want to play our video games and be treated like just everybody else.
    I'm sure there will be more to come from this since this is only after 2 days.

Edit: Saw a Tweet by her linked in another post:

https://twitter.com/FerociouslyS/sta...27751261122564

FerociouslySteph
    @FerociouslyS
    ·
    May 14
    Oooo yeah whole lot of people with cis-white-male voices thinking voice chat is critical to competitive games being competitive.

Tell me more about how we'll solve systemic misogyny and everything will be fine~ lol.
    Replies: 909
    Retweets: 33

Twitter bio:
    Adorably ferocious trans deer-girl (she/her) Twitch Broadcaster with a world to heal. I feel a lot and everything matters. Ethically focused--Red heart ENFP.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Those are definitely some hot takes from a scrub but it's not like people don't use voice chat to be utter shit stains either.

https://twitter.com/Onmarti/status/1...470263808?s=19

But that's more a fault of anonymity than voice chat.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

Some rando trynna stir shit up lol. Anyway, about the security board of trustees extraordinaire... its kinda funky twitch of all places somehow cares for the well being of their viewers/users? This is coming from their parent company, who in the midst of the corona chan infection, didn't give one fuck about their employees.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Those are definitely some hot takes from a scrub but it's not like people don't use voice chat to be utter shit stains either.

This shit boils my blood man. Not only are these people disgusting, it gives validity to those who use them as a means to lump us all together.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post

People like that are going to be shit regardless of who is in voice chat though. Seen it plenty of times when I was playing Overwatch regularly where people throw even if no one is in voice chat. Even with that in mind, I do agree that voice chat is much more likely to be toxic for women to deal with than men. On the other side, I've also met friends because of voice chat.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

So the weasel h3h3 and his ghoul wifu are trynna relive the youtube attitude era by releasing an 'exposé.' An unnecessary hour-long diatribe of a vid sperging about how, get rdy for this, keemstar is apparently a fucking douche. Who knew? Anyway, the intranets is going apeshit bc ethan aka 'the snake' and his retard fans went after kemstar's sponsors (and dropped him harder than a dime in 1944). It's a fucking mess now.

So, yeah, we all know keempstar is a pos drama whore, but ethan is a pos lying/backstabbing snake that hides behind the 'ama good guy' facade.

If you're in it for the lols, you'll have a good tiem. Else, stay away.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    So the weasel h3h3 and his ghoul wifu
    Show me where on the doll H3 touched you

But yeah the drama is pretty good. Funny thing is Keem always trying to play the victim but you can easily dig up a clip or tweet (most of the time both) and he'll look like a clown every time. Just happened again with him whining about losing G Fuel sponsor, and folks on Twitter had np finding tweets and vids of him doing it to other people. Ethan sticks his foot in his mouth all the time but Keem is just a literal tumor. Someone had to call his ass out sooner or later.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk